The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don’t like so amateurish CGI effects I felt like watching a ps5 or Xbox Justice League game all the characters and falling babies were extremely bad I just like Ezra acting for two different characters and awesome costume for collectors like us

It's weird to me when movies become the "advertising" for people's own collecting habits.

You're suppose to collect stuff from movies you love... but lately it seems people collect first, then see the movie later to see how their figure fares.
I stopped doing this. I use to buy stuff and watch later but now I buy later. I remember I got so many crap figures I regret. The watchman figures, Star Wars force awakens figures , tmnt 2014 figures, the last airbender figures. Glad I grew out of that

It's weird to me when movies become the "advertising" for people's own collecting habits.

You're suppose to collect stuff from movies you love... but lately it seems people collect first, then see the movie later to see how their figure fares.
That's an interesting point of view. I get what you're saying but some people collect to add another one to the collection. It's all just a way of selling more

I ain’t getting any Flash toys.

Hated BvS but I still got regular Affleck, Armored Affleck, Knightmare Affleck and battle damaged Affleck. My justification? I like Batman, I like how it was inspired by Dark Knight Returns and I dug Affleck.

I don’t buy toys based on movies I like. I buy toys if they’re cool and designed well.

Why do you care so much about monetary projections Jye? Been out for over 48 hours and you’re already like MASSIVE FAIL, EVERYONE’S CAREERS OVER.

Man of Steel didn’t do well, BvS still got made. BvS didn’t do well. Justice League still got made. The Flash still got made. Shazam didn’t do well. Shazam 2 and Black Adam still got made. Suicide Squad didn’t do well. The Suicide Squad still got made.

The Joker did . . . extremely well, a sequel is being made.

What’s your point big boy?

Whoa here are the 3 endings under 3 regimes, all 3 endings take place at the same court house steps with Ezra except that # 3 Ezra was filmed during reshoots post his arrests, wow!

This is interesting!

1:

Under Emmerich/Hamada, they wanted Snyder out completely:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Under DeLuca/Abdy, they wanted to save Snyder’s characters for future films.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Under Gunn/Safran, who knows what they want lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

My thoughts….

Cgi was awful in places. This movie has been pushed back so much, they had more than enough time to improve effects surely?

Seeing Gal again was nice, shane it was for 1 minute. If they do indeed cut her from the DCU, i’ll miss her, i liked her in the role.

Movie gets a bit messy in the 3rd act.

Who killed Barrys mother?….the entire plot of this film is based around this and we get no answer and we’ll no doubt never get one because Miller is clearly out after this. Odd.

Speaking of Miller, i actually liked them in this. I’ve been on the fence for majority of their time as the character in the DCU, but this really gave them the chance to do a lot and they did well.

Keaton was good.

Supergirl was good, unfortunately we don’t get too much of her story and I’m guessing we may never see the same actress again.

Surprisingly a lot of the jokes landed, i laughed more than expected.

Overall i liked it, it’s entertaining.

My thoughts….

Cgi was awful in places. This movie has been pushed back so much, they had more than enough time to improve effects surely?

Seeing Gal again was nice, shane it was for 1 minute. If they do indeed cut her from the DCU, i’ll miss her, i liked her in the role.

Movie gets a bit messy in the 3rd act.

Who killed Barrys mother?….the entire plot of this film is based around this and we get no answer and we’ll no doubt never get one because Miller is clearly out after this. Odd.

Speaking of Miller, i actually liked them in this. I’ve been on the fence for majority of their time as the character in the DCU, but this really gave them the chance to do a lot and they did well.

Keaton was good.

Supergirl was good, unfortunately we don’t get too much of her story and I’m guessing we may never see the same actress again.

Surprisingly a lot of the jokes landed, i laughed more than expected.

Overall i liked it, it’s entertaining.
The film's plot wasn't centered on WHO killed Barry's mom but rather that she died and he wanted to prevent it by going back and changing the past. What's was really odd in my view was Barry's solution was to change things such that his dad never left the house to fetch that can of tomatoes. Without knowing WHO killed her and why this may have ended up getting BOTH of his parents killed as his father's presence wouldn't necessarily guarantee anyone's safety, especially if a meta-human was involved. So I guess in the end his inability to alter his mom's fate may have been the best possible outcome, as he still has a father.

Well…

Not even Keaton’s return as “THE BATMAN” could save this movie from Ezra getting Budweiser’d!

Ezra is a gonner and he just took down Keaton, Affleck, Momoa and Sacha with him, ouch.
These are the transition movies from Snyder to Gunn. They’re all on their way out. Appears The Flash will help that be a whimper as opposed to a bang. I imagine WB/Discovery want to minimize losses best they can at this point.

Hated BvS but I still got regular Affleck, Armored Affleck, Knightmare Affleck and battle damaged Affleck. My justification? I like Batman, I like how it was inspired by Dark Knight Returns and I dug Affleck.

I don’t buy toys based on movies I like. I buy toys if they’re cool and designed well.

The SW prequels were the perfect examples of this. They got a lot of hate as films but the character designs were largely awesome.

Who killed Barrys mother?….
Seemed pretty clear to me that it was the time- and universe-traveling Michael Keaton Bruce Wayne. This was all part of his plan to bring George Clooney Batman and Nic Cage Superman back. Not the heroes we want, but the heroes we deserve. They will be the cornerstones of the DC Gunn-verse.

Seemed pretty clear to me that it was the time- and universe-traveling Michael Keaton Bruce Wayne. This was all part of his plan to bring George Clooney Batman and Nic Cage Superman back. Not the heroes we want, but the heroes we deserve. They will be the cornerstones of the DC Gunn-verse.
I’d imagine WB doing some atrociously stupid like that. Someone on Twitter said they really should take a two year break and dump aquaman 2 and blue beetle on max cause nobody cares about there movies anymore sadly

The one time that I buy a figure before seeing the movie and it bombs in theaters. Lesson learned: fire, hot. I’ll just go back to buying stuff based on nostalgia.

Holy cameos batman! I had quite low expectations for this but honestly I loved this film. Much, much more than anything marvel have brought out in the last few years. I don't know how they could have done it better - except for a higher budget to make the CGI better. Apart from that, it was great! Ezra was really good too, aside from stuff happening in the real world. Go in with low expectations but also expect to be pleasantly surprised lol
This is exactly how it was for me. Went in with low expectation and honestly not really caring about any of the bts real world stuff. To me, it was a great DC movie and really enjoyed it. Loved Keaton's scenes, the cameos, the display of his powers, the jokes. Better than most of the DCU films outside of MoS, BvS, WW and ZSJL (not including The Batman or Joker).

Back