The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this today. I expected to absolutely hate it. I'd seen all the recent clips and cameos and end credit sequences online because I didn't care at all.

I actually enjoyed it for the most part. Similar to how I enjoy Aquaman, there's enough good in it for me to enjoy it. Not what I wanted but not unwatchable.

The action scene at the start. Batfleck was good, Barry's part was poor. Batfleck in costume stood talking was absolutely terrible. He's not even wearing boots, it's like a onesie! Poor Josstice League style humor.

Keaton was better than I thought. The "I'm Batman" and "Nuts" lines don't work, at all. His score kicks in from time to time. Was great to hear but somewhat jarring too. His action scenes were decent. Not possible but decent enough to watch. Nothing comes even slightly close to the BvS warehouse scene. The stuntman looked good in the suit, Keaton did not.

Supergirl was fine.

The speed force worked in some ways but not in others.

The score was very generic. The FX were shocking at times. Surprisingly so.

Ezra's personal life aside he acting his ass off in this movie. Bloody excellent!

The humor should have been turned down 10-15%. Some of the humor reminded me of ZSJL. Laugh out loud funny but not too cheesy. There were times when it went full cheese and it would have been much better without it. Some of the lines and scenes in the trailers that I wasn't expecting to work actually did. Context is everything.

The 3rd act wasn't as good as the first two but it wasn't bad.

It's not Snyderverse although it definitely tries to be canon to Zack's movies but drops the ball too often with details that don't really fit.

I was expecting a 2/10 but probably ended up with a 6/10. Small edits here and there could improve that, maybe.
Spoilers man .. still to early with the descriptions, people might wait for the weekend

My favorite part
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think this movie ultimately wasn't completely intended to set up the Gunnverse or close the Snyderverse, so me personally am taking it as just a big screen adaptation of the Flashpoint Paradox, which for me is one of the best DCAU films around. If I'm not mistaken, although Flashpoint did set up the New 52 in the comics, FP did not seem to reset anything in the DCAU.

Personally enjoyed Flash a lot probably because I've been wanting a live action version of FP. And I think this film is basically that; from the opening team-up sequence, to the 2-Batmen concept and down to climactic event of the alternate timeline, this film just screams of the Flashpoint Paradox.

I think some reviews mentioned Batman stealing the limelight, but even that was staying true to FP, which in itself was essentially a Batman-Flash film.

Maybe Muschietti did this film with a hope for directing a Batman film down the line...and having seen the justice he did to not 1 but 2 (!) batmen in this film makes me really excited for what he has in store for The Brave & the Bold.

Last edited:
My favorite part
Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think this movie ultimately wasn't completely intended to set up the Gunnverse or close the Snyderverse, so me personally am taking it as just a big screen adaptation of the Flashpoint Paradox, which for me is one of the best DCAU films around. If I'm not mistaken, although Flashpoint did set up the New 52 in the comics, FP did not seem to reset anything in the DCAU.

Personally enjoyed Flash a lot probably because I've been wanting a live action version of FP. And I think this film is basically that; from the opening team-up sequence, to the 2-Batmen concept and down to world-ending event of the alternate timeline, this film just screams of the Flashpoint Paradox.

I think some reviews mentioned Batman stealing the limelight, but even that was staying true to FP, which in itself was essentially a Batman-Flash film.

Maybe Muschietti did this film with a hope for directing a Batman film down the line...and having seen the justice he did to not 1 but 2 (!) batmen in this film makes me really excited for what he has in store for The Brave & the Bold.
I'd say he did justice for one Batman. He definitely didn't do justice for two.

I'd say he did justice for one Batman. He definitely didn't do justice for two.
I thought the batfleck scenes were very well done, & even affleck himself i think was quoted saying that despite its brevity, it's the most enjoyable time he had with the character.

Only L is probably the suit design & goofiness of the cgi-ed face, but maybe that was down to affleck not even wanting to have anything to do with batman anymore.

Saw it with my 11 year old daughter after we did a crash course on Both JL movies so she knew who the Flash was ( she’s only seen the two WW movies).

I liked it I felt they did a good job, and Miller really did an amazing job acting, to bad his life is going to overshadow this performance. I liked the cameos, and the CGI didn’t bother me but I’m not super picky on that stuff. It’s not the best super hero movie ever, but it’s a fun movie to watch.

My daughter also liked it, it hit her totally differently than me of course. However she like last weeks Transformers movie better then Flash (the girl loves Bumblebee)

The movie actually wasn’t half bad!
Yes there was a lot to like and if they'd made better choices regarding (a) the visual rendering of the Speed Force/Chrono Bowl scenes and (b) the amount of of fan service cameos needed I think it could have been very good. As it stands I see it as a solid but alas not stellar CBM entry. If we're including it in the DCEU movie pantheon I'd probably have it ranked in 3rd place, behind WW & MoS but ahead of Aquaman, BvS and JL. (Sorry ZSJL fans, but in my reality direct-to-HBO do-overs don't count lol).

Last edited:
Yes there was a lot to like and if they'd made better choices regarding (a) the visual rendering of the Speed Force/Chrono Bowl scenes and (b) the amount of of fan service cameos needed I think it could have been very good. As it stands I see it as a solid but alas not stellar CBM entry. If we're including it in the DCEU movie pantheon I'd probably have it ranked in 3rd place, behind WW & MoS but ahead of Aquaman, BvS:DoJ and JL. (Sorry ZSJL fans, but in my reality direct-to-HBO do-overs don't count lol).

Nah i’m just messing with DiFabio i’m still disappointed lol

I still can’t believe they gave
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just came back....Great movie, 8/10. CGI was not bad at all imo. I think people didn't like it because it was different and very stylized. The movie was good up until the 3rd act. The ending left a bit to be desired but for DC and the DCEU it is a perfect ending. Ezra Miller was surprisingly great. Definitely top 2 DCEU film.

My biggest problem with the film
The cameos at the end felt really out of place, while they make sense. It just didn't feel needed at that particular moment. Probably would have been better if we saw them earlier while Barry was going back in time in the background or something. The ending made sense for WB, they're basically doing a reset but still leaving all the doors open.

Back