The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah i’m just messing with DiFabio i’m still disappointed lol

I still can’t believe they gave
Spoiler Spoiler:
well this is 5 year old cgi but probably better than what was used in the movie
,so just edit this in your fan cut jye and your golden lol (y)

I saw this today. I expected to absolutely hate it. I'd seen all the recent clips and cameos and end credit sequences online because I didn't care at all.

I actually enjoyed it for the most part. Similar to how I enjoy Aquaman, there's enough good in it for me to enjoy it. Not what I wanted but not unwatchable.

The action scene at the start. Batfleck was good, Barry's part was poor. Batfleck in costume stood talking was absolutely terrible. He's not even wearing boots, it's like a onesie! Poor Josstice League style humor.

Keaton was better than I thought. The "I'm Batman" and "Nuts" lines don't work, at all. His score kicks in from time to time. Was great to hear but somewhat jarring too. His action scenes were decent. Not possible but decent enough to watch. Nothing comes even slightly close to the BvS warehouse scene. The stuntman looked good in the suit, Keaton did not.

Supergirl was fine.

The speed force worked in some ways but not in others.

The score was very generic. The FX were shocking at times. Surprisingly so.

Ezra's personal life aside he acting his ass off in this movie. Bloody excellent!

The humor should have been turned down 10-15%. Some of the humor reminded me of ZSJL. Laugh out loud funny but not too cheesy. There were times when it went full cheese and it would have been much better without it. Some of the lines and scenes in the trailers that I wasn't expecting to work actually did. Context is everything.

The 3rd act wasn't as good as the first two but it wasn't bad.

It's not Snyderverse although it definitely tries to be canon to Zack's movies but drops the ball too often with details that don't really fit.

I was expecting a 2/10 but probably ended up with a 6/10. Small edits here and there could improve that, maybe.
glad you got some enjoyment from your viewing

id be interested to know what did your kids think of it

did it connect with them on any level

Spoiler Spoiler:
:lol Well, I missed the DiFabio reference but I still enjoyed most of the movie - save for the stuff I already mentioned.

As for Nic Cage's Superman, I couldn't agree more. I was in the theater thinking "Why the frak am I watching an extended battle between Nic Cage and some giant spider right now? In a Flash movie he has nothing to do with??" The textbook example of an unnecessary cameo. :slap

Great film and I liked that it wasn’t a bad typical DCU offering. I‘d say it has become of my favorite DCU Snyderverse films next to the first WW.

It’s too bad that Miller is a problem off camera…because he can be the ideal Flash in movies and respect him for that . Hopefully he can clean up his act and turn it around because I would like to see him as the Flash again…I think he deserves to revisit the role in the future.

One problem that really irked me on the plot Why was there nothing explained on how Barry’s mother was killed , it bothers me because the key factor why the plot of Barry for the film was established centered around Barry trying to change her death but they never showed what exactly happened to her..how could they leave this out ,e even when the father had been cleared they never explained …only his alibi . I’m thinking there has to be a director’s cut coming of this film because I’m sure it was probably cut out which makes no sense

I mean, they did a pretty half assed attempt at explaining it by saying someone invaded the home thinking it was empty and then saw his mom with a knife in hand and the rest was history. I had a feeling they were leaving a Reverse Flash reveal to the end (that's who I thought it was who pushed him of the chrono dome at first) and perhaps they left it open ended so they could pursue that in future movies like they did on the Flash show from WB.

:lol Well, I missed the DiFabio reference but I still enjoyed most of the movie - save for the stuff I already mentioned.

As for Nic Cage's Superman, I couldn't agree more. I was in the theater thinking "Why the frak am I watching an extended battle between Nic Cage and some giant spider right now? In a Flash movie he has nothing to do with??" The textbook example of an unnecessary cameo. :slap

I really like that hey added that to be honest, it was a fun way to set their multiverse like Marvel has done so far. It's not any more farfetched than some of the Spiderman we saw in recent movies. There's a lot of history about that Nic Cage Superman fighting a giant spider, this is where they got that from:

He talks about the spider at around the 8 minute mark. I think its awesome they made that pop culture story cannon. Amazing fan service!

Last edited:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

WB/Gunn/Muschietti:

“Post credits will set up the new Gunnverse and officially END the Snyderverse!”

JYE:

“No it absolutely does not you literally had
Spoiler Spoiler:

WB :slap
Wasn’t that just to
Maybe they meant the first credits scene and Clooney is back as Batman!!!!

Let the celebrations commence!
You’re above assumption is I think misguided.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Wasn’t that just to

You’re above assumption is I think misguided.
Spoiler Spoiler:
Yeah, I know - I was joking. Yet another example of how sarcasm doesn't always come across well on social media lol...

I really enjoyed this scene and how it gave off crazy BTTF vibes with all the characters
1686967817055.png

Ok I got o ask and be honest guys what did you think about that they did absolutely nothing with the Batmobile

And how great did they make the batwing with all the new weapons and the rotating cockpit was fabulous

The emotional mom goodbye was good i’ll give it that at least.

Ezra also has a very wide range of acting abilities.

Shannon has every right to call his cameo useless unfulfilling fluff though lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

The emotional mom goodbye was good i’ll give it that at least.

Ezra also has a very wide range of acting abilities.

Shannon has every right to call his cameo useless unfulfilling fluff though lol
The plate of spaghetti above reminded me: What did you think of how they had Keaton mock the Endgame branch reality explanation of alternate timelines? I got a chuckle out of that. At least Marvel had their Sorcerer Supreme (the keeper of the Infinity Stone that enabled time travel) be the one to explain branch realities; DC's expert on "how time works" is a hermit senior citiizen / retired vigilante who dresses up like a bat. He probably got his alternate realities theory from a Scientific American subscription that he was conned into getting by some telemarketer lol...

Back