The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got back from this, and enjoyed it for the most part, but doubt I will ever see it again, beyond possibly watching the Keaton scenes. Keaton Bats was easily the best thing, and Miller's acting was the second best, when his character was reigning it in a little. I think they tricked the audience there, though, by making him incredibly obnoxious at the very beginning so that when you saw him act relatively mature it was like Deniro in Raging Bull by comparison. Supergirl was fine but nothing to write home about. Keaton action scenes were also my favorite, probably because they weren't as reliant on the horrible, horrible, horrible, horrrrrrrrrible CG as all the other scenes. The cameos mostly fell flat for me. I chuckled maybe three times, but generally thought the humor was bad. Guy next to me thought we were watching Office Space though. Laughing his ass off like there was no tomorrow. . .I agree that the emotional climax with Barry and his mom was really effective, but otherwise the tone was all over the place and it was hard to really get into the movie from that perspective. End of credits scene seemed pretty pointless. They couldn't come up with anything better than that?

Nah i’m just messing with DiFabio i’m still disappointed lol

I still can’t believe they gave
Spoiler Spoiler:
If that was modern CGI, then we still have a hell of a long way to go. I felt Spiderverse handled the random cameos in that scene so much better. There were so many places they could have gone. Showed a lack of imagination.

Frankly, the biggest negative take away I have from this is that Gunn and Safran are giving this guy the reigns to the Brave and the Bold based on this film. If anything, the movie works despite the director from what I could see. I won't blame him for the CG, but this movie had a lot of wasted potential.

The plate of spaghetti above reminded me: What did you think of how they had Keaton mock the Endgame branch reality explanation of alternate timelines? I got a chuckle out of that. At least Marvel had their Sorcerer Supreme (the keeper of the Infinity Stone that enabled time travel) be the one to explain branch realities; DC's expert on "how time works" is a hermit senior citiizen / retired vigilante who dresses up like a bat. He probably got his alternate realities theory from a Scientific American subscription that he was conned into getting by some telemarketer lol...
Yeah the EG dig did give me a chuckle lol

What I really hated about Keaton’s Batman was this…

Spoiler Spoiler:

THAT QUICK! :slap

Gotham was free of crime. He had no purpose. What do you want Jye?

One of my favorite scenes is when he’s in the bathroom, cowl and armor all bloodied up on the tile floor. It pans to him stitching himself up and he looks in the mirror and he grins to himself. He’s Batman even without the suit.

Just came back....Great movie, 8/10. CGI was not bad at all imo. I think people didn't like it because it was different and very stylized. The movie was good up until the 3rd act. The ending left a bit to be desired but for DC and the DCEU it is a perfect ending. Ezra Miller was surprisingly great. Definitely top 2 DCEU film.

Some shots off Barry's face were as bad and worse than Cavill in Josstice League.

My biggest problem with the film
The cameos at the end felt really out of place, while they make sense. It just didn't feel needed at that particular moment. Probably would have been better if we saw them earlier while Barry was going back in time in the background or something. The ending made sense for WB, they're basically doing a reset but still leaving all the doors open.
Spoiler Spoiler:

glad you got some enjoyment from your viewing

id be interested to know what did your kids think of it

did it connect with them on any level
They all really liked it. They ran off to the bathroom like Flash when we left lol. They were excitingly talking about it on the way home. My 13-year autistic boy struggled to understand with some parts of the multiverse, near the end.

Soundtrack sucked in this.

Bring back Zimmer!
I mentioned this in the car on the way home. To explain it I put 'Speed of the Force' on and the whole car enthusiastically agreed. In fact, it's weird that DC has such generic scoring. Even for the divisive movies, everyone could agree they brought their A-game with the scores.

Ok I got o ask and be honest guys what did you think about that they did absolutely nothing with the Batmobile

And how great did they make the batwing with all the new weapons and the rotating cockpit was fabulous
Spoiler Spoiler:

You never told me what spoilers I posted yesterday?

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

The plate of spaghetti above reminded me: What did you think of how they had Keaton mock the Endgame branch reality explanation of alternate timelines? I got a chuckle out of that. At least Marvel had their Sorcerer Supreme (the keeper of the Infinity Stone that enabled time travel) be the one to explain branch realities; DC's expert on "how time works" is a hermit senior citiizen / retired vigilante who dresses up like a bat. He probably got his alternate realities theory from a Scientific American subscription that he was conned into getting by some telemarketer lol...
The director has recently stated that in one of the deleted scenes

Spoiler Spoiler:

I just got back from this, and enjoyed it for the most part, but doubt I will ever see it again, beyond possibly watching the Keaton scenes. Keaton Bats was easily the best thing, and Miller's acting was the second best, when his character was reigning it in a little. I think they tricked the audience there, though, by making him incredibly obnoxious at the very beginning so that when you saw him act relatively mature it was like Deniro in Raging Bull by comparison. Supergirl was fine but nothing to write home about. Keaton action scenes were also my favorite, probably because they weren't as reliant on the horrible, horrible, horrible, horrrrrrrrrible CG as all the other scenes. The cameos mostly fell flat for me. I chuckled maybe three times, but generally thought the humor was bad. Guy next to me thought we were watching Office Space though. Laughing his ass off like there was no tomorrow. . .I agree that the emotional climax with Barry and his mom was really effective, but otherwise the tone was all over the place and it was hard to really get into the movie from that perspective. End of credits scene seemed pretty pointless. They couldn't come up with anything better than that?

If that was modern CGI, then we still have a hell of a long way to go. I felt Spiderverse handled the random cameos in that scene so much better. There were so many places they could have gone. Showed a lack of imagination.

Frankly, the biggest negative take away I have from this is that Gunn and Safran are giving this guy the reigns to the Brave and the Bold based on this film. If anything, the movie works despite the director from what I could see. I won't blame him for the CG, but this movie had a lot of wasted potential.
I think that was his second showing, he was at ours earlier doing what seemed to be an audition for the Joker.

IMG_5354.jpeg

If the codex
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back