The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disney is good at ruining things lol.
Because Star Wars was doing JUUUST fine before Disney.
star-wars-jar-jar-binks.gif

I’m getting old, and I’ve learned that everything - literally EVERYTHING - will be “ruined” at some point if it keeps going long enough. Spider-Man has more bad comic stories than great ones these days. I suffered through Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation. I’ve seen Lord of the Rings go for “sexy Shelob”. I’ve seen DC turn characters like Hal and Wally into murderers, then try and retcon it over years. Star Wars has had lows ever since a farm boy kissed his sister and the ultimate evil Empire was defeated by teddy bears with sticks.

You learn to compartmentalize. Enjoy the stories that are good. Ignore the ones that suck. Can you watch Star Wars and enjoy the happy ending of Episode 6, ending it there? Sure. Can you enjoy reading Spider-Man and ignore the two separate stories of Peter’s girlfriends getting knocked up by some hateful other guy? Yeah, I hope so. Can you enjoy Snyder stuff done well and ignore the bad stuff? Definitely, and vice-versa. Snyder‘s hardly the only person to tackle these characters.

Anyway, what I’m getting at is everything will suck eventually, but it’s healthy to enjoy the good stuff too. These are all fictional characters. They aren’t real. Your headcanon is as valid as any SnyderCut.

I take Batman & Robin more seriously. I only raise an eyebrow at folks who do take all the Snyder films at face value as the “definitive” film versions of these characters. I’m beyond amused the biggest box office success of the DCEU wasn’t Supes or Batman or the team-up, but the fish guy.
There's not much point in me commenting on the rest of what you said, we disagree on a fundamental level.

Spider-Man, in his first solo MCU movie and the 3rd team-up movie, were beaten by the cat guy.

Black Cat GIF

I’m… not sure what that has to do with the Snyder movies.

It was an example of a well-known character with many successful movies being beaten by one not well-known in movies.

Spider-Man a 16 yr old kid who just got his powers last year vs a grown man who trained all his life
Also they didn’t fight in the movie. They were on the same side.

Nice try

I've no idea what you are getting at here.
It seems that Wez (and maybe Garlador?) didn't realize that T8OO's Spider-Man comparison was in reference to Garlador's box office comment - i.e, he was saying that Black Panther's box office exceeded the B.O. of both Spider-Man: Homecoming and CA: Civil War. Which is true, but it's not exactly an apt comparison given BP's cultural draw as the first MCU superhero movie with a black lead (with apologies to Wesley Snipes' Blade, which really was well before the MCU as we know it now). Unless T8OO was implying that Aquaman's box office was inflated by the long ignored marine biologist fanbase, which I don't think was his intent. :lol

I think the point @T8OO is trying to make Wez Is that you seriously go out of your way to make it known you dislike the Snyder stuff. We get it man. You call the fans toxic but your posts can come across pretty toxic yourself. It just seems counterintuitive to dedicate so much of your time to talk about things you hate. :lol We’ve talked about this before, EVERY fanbase out there has toxic fans, so I’m not sure why you’re so caught up on this particular one. This isn’t a personal attack against you or anything, just an observation.
Lol I just replied to jyes post. He said something about snyders con and his ideas. I replied it was dumb. Dude doesn’t like when I criticize Snyder. I don’t just spout it randomly . The guy just gets offended when I say I dislike snyders work. That’s not my fault . If he doesn’t like it he can mute me. You act like I just came here and started an argument. I replied to jyes post criticizing his decisions. If he don’t like what I have to say oh well. I don’t see him saying anything when I complain about Disney Star Wars or avatar or mcu stuff.

Last edited:
Just make Cavill Doom and all will be forgiven….

Well….

Except Victor’s banishment.
Nah, they need someone new to the genre to play Doom. Either that or have Charles Xavier erase the last few X-Men movies from our collective memories so we'll accept Fassbender in the role. He really would be ideal...

I was going to suggest we start a thread for Doom casting ideas, but it doesn't feel right if we can't wind up Victor in the process. Snoop or Asta needs to reinstate him.

Because Star Wars was doing JUUUST fine before Disney.
star-wars-jar-jar-binks.gif

I’m getting old, and I’ve learned that everything - literally EVERYTHING - will be “ruined” at some point if it keeps going long enough. Spider-Man has more bad comic stories than great ones these days. I suffered through Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation. I’ve seen Lord of the Rings go for “sexy Shelob”. I’ve seen DC turn characters like Hal and Wally into murderers, then try and retcon it over years. Star Wars has had lows ever since a farm boy kissed his sister and the ultimate evil Empire was defeated by teddy bears with sticks.

You learn to compartmentalize. Enjoy the stories that are good. Ignore the ones that suck. Can you watch Star Wars and enjoy the happy ending of Episode 6, ending it there? Sure. Can you enjoy reading Spider-Man and ignore the two separate stories of Peter’s girlfriends getting knocked up by some hateful other guy? Yeah, I hope so. Can you enjoy Snyder stuff done well and ignore the bad stuff? Definitely, and vice-versa. Snyder‘s hardly the only person to tackle these characters.

Anyway, what I’m getting at is everything will suck eventually, but it’s healthy to enjoy the good stuff too. These are all fictional characters. They aren’t real. Your headcanon is as valid as any SnyderCut.
Well said. When something is around long enough, you will see the Highest of Highs and Lowest of Lows. Cyclical.

His new lips suck!

He got rid of his famous 89/92 Batman lips with stupid plastic surgery didn’t he! :slap :gah:

That’s why his lips looks feminine in the cowl now. Ughh.

IMG_4370.jpeg

Back