Terminator 5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terminator 5, F&F´s Justin Lin directing and Arnold returning?!

• Hell yeah, bring it!!!

Votes: 39 38.6%
  • Could be better then Salvation, let´s see.

Votes: 23 22.8%
  • Mediocre, I´m not that hyped...(aging Ex-Governeur?! Dunno)

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • Hell no, T2 with the alternate ending wrapped it the best...no more!!!

Votes: 20 19.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd rather see a Salvation 2 than Arnold play the T-850 or 800 again...

Still think they can do both. Bring Bale back as Connor, Biehn in to reprise Reese and Arnie to reprise T-850 from T3. Have the whole movie be a huge war at Cyberdine where John sees the first T-800 sent back, they capture the time displacement equipment where he sends Reese back to close out the events of T1, they lose it so the T-1000 can go through, recapture it and find another T-800 (can be CG) and sends it back to close the events of T-2, and just after sending the T-800 back, gets killed by old Arnie as the T-850 trying to prevent the TX from going through. Katherine deactivates the T-850, reprograms it and sends it back to close the events of T3 before they blow up Cyberdine for good. Wraps everything up in a big greasy sack before it goes any further. :lol

I like the idea of a radically changed past relative to the original due to events in the future (or was it the past...). You could set these events up in the next film so that the third and final could take place in a modern day setting with a completely different concept of the terminator and maybe even a different future leader (female, maybe?). But, IMO an attempted true remake of the original is just not possible - Schwarzenegger is so iconic and, as was mentioned earlier, the novelty of his inhuman look just wouldn't have the same impact today with the ubiquity of CG. Anyway, the Terminator remains one of sci-fi's greatest franchises and I'll keep watching.
This got me thinking--one Terminator movie I would like to see is one where they just go balls out with the alternate reality angle, where it would be a really trippy movie that tried to perplex all the viewers with the convoluted logic. There would be little if any action, just people sitting around discussing the theory and ramifications of time travel. Like Primer, except way less accessible and with Terminators.

Make it so, company X.

Still think they can do both. Bring Bale back as Connor, Biehn in to reprise Reese and Arnie to reprise T-850 from T3. Have the whole movie be a huge war at Cyberdine where John sees the first T-800 sent back, they capture the time displacement equipment where he sends Reese back to close out the events of T1, they lose it so the T-1000 can go through, recapture it and find another T-800 (can be CG) and sends it back to close the events of T-2, and just after sending the T-800 back, gets killed by old Arnie as the T-850 trying to prevent the TX from going through. Katherine deactivates the T-850, reprograms it and sends it back to close the events of T3 before they blow up Cyberdine for good. Wraps everything up in a big greasy sack before it goes any further. :lol

You've put far more time and brain power into this than I have. :lol

I just imagine a really old Arnie trying to play a role he was far too old for ten years ago...

You've put far more time and brain power into this than I have. :lol

I just imagine a really old Arnie trying to play a role he was far too old for ten years ago...

I didn't put much into it. I just remembered how much fun I had watching ROTS. That tied up everything nicely and applying the same principle, I think T5 could do the same. At that point, you could produce further sequels with Kara's ideas, about the resistance mopping up the rest of the machines and it's a win-win. John's out of the way, and the T-800 CSM Model 101s (and T-850s) become fairly obsolete without John so we no longer have to worry about Arnold either.

Bale will rescue a bunch of humans from a machine base and Arnold will be in the group of survivors. But wait....he's a robot with human emotions and they based their T800 model off of him!

Robots developing human emotions is so ____ing mind-blowing that I wish they would keep making movies about it over and over. Damn it's so awesome---and may one day be possible. Or willllllll it?

Uncle Arnie really needs to focus on the awesomeness that Expendables 2 could present and let this franchise become the Rise of Cobra that it's rapidly heading toward.

. . .about the resistance mopping up the rest of the machines. . .
Nah. I say the robots ultimately win. Negating all the previous efforts by the humans in all the previous movies. :yess:

Robots developing human emotions is so ____ing mind-blowing that I wish they would keep making movies about it over and over. Damn it's so awesome---and may one day be possible. Or willllllll it?
:rotfl

Even more of a stretch to try and pass off Biehn now as Biehn from 25 years ago :lol

It wouldn't take that much work. Hell, they could almost hide it with future "filth" :lol:

3551344566_cca6885b94.jpg

Hes starting to look older now. He got away with it for quite a long time. His forehead is getting bigger....hes looking a bit more gaunt too - hope theres nothing sinister behind that.

Hes starting to look older now. He got away with it for quite a long time. His forehead is getting bigger....hes looking a bit more gaunt too - hope theres nothing sinister behind that.

Well, to be fair, I went and found the worst looking pic I could find (so Kara couldn't counter) to show his age. :lol

HELL NO! T2 should have been the end of the franchise (but I do admit that I enjoyed T4 as an action movie)

I really like Salvation.

Terminator 3 however, is one of the worst films I have ever seen in my life. Arnie was ridiculous that time around, no need for another go.

Why is T3 so hated? I'm not a HUUUGE Terminator fan but i've always liked the first 3, Terminator Salvation wasn't that great though IMO..

Imo Arnold's age shouldn't really be a huge problem after watching what they did to Jeff Bridges in Tron.

Exactly, that´s why a complete closing movie would be the best choice I guess, But insane that no one knew T5 negotiations had begun.
My first "real" thread (faulty placed, I admit) and already 6 pages.

Anyhoo, they should take the lesson of Predators and make this movie bloody.
Predators & Expendables showed that oldschool action flicks are remembered and wanted, so CG to keep the looks is legit, but animatronic stuff, blending with CG is max they should do, I´d say.

T-800 when his flesh cover is blown and rests of his human guise in CG, T-600 should be kept from Salvation (I still get chills looking at HT´s Rubber Skin T-600 knowing it´s the pre-production model) and worked perfect with Brian Steele under the mask and see-through-parts were executed with green screen.

So much possibilities with the established films, characters and art. For real? If they honor and think of the movies correct, they can do no wrong.
This is easy work in terms of making it right, getting a killer movie AND making fans happy.

I think many of you are looking at this with older eyes. You have to take into account the new generations of people that have no memories of T1, T2, because they haven't got any idea about them. The majority of kids and young adults could care less these days. So any move made today has to try and appeal to the new generations of movie goers, that's where the majority of the money is. Terminator movies have always been about making as much money as possible, they aren't a charity. The audience and attitudes have changed. That's why we got Salvation and Predators etc, etc. The days of Chuck Norris drinking a beer and driving a Bronco out of a 10' hole (after being buried alive) are over. Those wacky movie makers. Hahahaha!

Who cares? We're discussing it here now. :huh

I think many of you are looking at this with older eyes. You have to take into account the new generations of people that have no memories of T1, T2, because they haven't got any idea about them. The majority of kids and young adults could care less these days. So any move made today has to try and appeal to the new generations of movie goers, that's where the majority of the money is. Terminator movies have always been about making as much money as possible, they aren't a charity. The audience and attitudes have changed. That's why we got Salvation and Predators etc, etc. The days of Chuck Norris drinking a beer and driving a Bronco out of a 10' hole (after being buried alive) are over. Those wacky movie makers. Hahahaha!

Wrong. All they'll do is stop whacking it to hentai, to hit up the latest dump site rip it off as a torrent file anyway. Hollywood appealing to a crowd who grew up going to movies and who actually pay for them, and appreciate the movie-going experience, is best for everyone involved. And the newer entitlement douchy generation can keep whacking it to hentai and just burn a copy from a friend who stole it from his parents, when the DVD comes out.

Back