Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I say it’s all part of the plan i’m referring to this modern age of “spoiler” cinema where social media is a large marketing component.

The actors and their agents know very well that this is now part of their contractual duties.

It’s not about lying or being a dumbass it’s all about marketing.

If Sony/Disney wanted too they could just as easily release an official statement confirming their involvement but they calculated in their board rooms that this method will reap bigger rewards for them in the long run.

Just have fun with it.

Now if they are not in the movie, and they are, MCU rioters will make Snyder fans look like amateurs lol
I agree. Convenient leak timing. People love leaks or scoops/rumors. Keeps your movie or name in the news - continued exposure. Any news is good news. Applies to everything except rape or assault.

Does he not currently have anything to promote?
Not in the last 10 years. :LOL:
For whatever reason Sony and Marvel have decided to have AG be the face of their hype build up marketing campaign.

Everything that has been said by AG so far has been vetted and actually scripted by the people in control which is too build up hype and keep it going by having him play the former actor who is just an innocent victim of said hype.

As has been reported already the questions Jimmy Fallon asked him were all pre-scripted and practiced.

The cgi leak was from the studio.

The rebuttal to the leak was from the studio.

Hell I bet my post is from the studio lol

Whatever it’s all in good fun let’s not forget why movies are made to begin with with…..$.
That's the part of showbusiness that I hate. It's so fake, no wonder some people walk away from it all.

And that maybe the pandemic will Stop being blamed for every movies low box office numbers, and realize the under performing movies still sucked and that no one cared enough to risk going to see it.
I do think the pandemic really has an effect though. Theaters are still closed in a lot of countries. In the USA, most of the people I know there wouldn't watch movies in a theater yet either. While that is anecdotal, they are mostly avid movie goers so them not going might be indicative of a trend too

I haven't seen Shang Chi though and have been avoiding spoilers so I cannot say if it sucked or not. Theaters are still closed here (and even if they were open, I wouldn't watch there either due to the pandemic anyway).

I do think the pandemic really has an effect though. Theaters are still closed in a lot of countries. In the USA, most of the people I know there wouldn't watch movies in a theater yet either. While that is anecdotal, they are mostly avid movie goers so them not going might be indicative of a trend too

I haven't seen Shang Chi though and have been avoiding spoilers so I cannot say if it sucked or not. Theaters are still closed here (and even if they were open, I wouldn't watch there either due to the pandemic anyway).
I'm not saying the pandemic is not affecting box office numbers. It clearly is and rightfully so. I just mean that the movie studios are using it as a crutch to lean on when a movie underperformed rather than acknowledging the movie may have actually sucked. And fans didn't come out because they actually didn't care enough to.

Remember, according to Disney & Kennedy, Star Wars Solo ( and later TLJ & TROS) underperformed because of Star Wars fatigue. Not because fans were unhappy. If they were released last year and/or this year, the spin/reason would've been the pandemic. Again, not because they sucked.

Can't wait to see how Disney spins the most likely underwhelming Eternals box office numbers.

I'm not saying the pandemic is not affecting box office numbers. It clearly is and rightfully so. I just mean that the movie studios are using it as a crutch to lean on when a movie underperformed rather than acknowledging the movie may have actually sucked. And fans didn't come out because they actually didn't care enough to.

Remember, according to Disney & Kennedy, Star Wars Solo ( and later TLJ & TROS) underperformed because of Star Wars fatigue. Not because fans were unhappy. If they were released last year and/or this year, the spin/reason would've been the pandemic. Again, not because they sucked.

Can't wait to see how Disney spins the most likely underwhelming Eternals box office numbers.
Yeah that's fair I think. Was Shang Chi a failure though? Last reports I read about it a few weeks back it was doing ok by pandemic standards. I didn't follow-through following it though to avoid spoilers (have to wait for D+ launch).

Star Wars was clearly them looking for a scapegoat. That said, even before Solo went out, there was a strong sentiment online that it was a story you could skip, and a lot weren't interested about it to start with (I was in the not interested camp). Then news of extensive reshoots came in and it only hurt interest further.

TLJ I'm not going to touch (although I think TROS was worse) :D

Shang was successful in Covid time. Just accept that anything Marvel is beloved by the mass. I am too shrewd in my film viewing to like it, but acknowledge it's success and the Marvel impact. If it wasn't Marvel, this would be trashed hard like some Asian goofball fantasy that has some heart but cannot overcome what it wants to be. At least that's what I think a unpaid "film critic" would say.

If it wasn’t marvel some stupid critic would say Shang chi is a racist depiction of Asian culture and not all Asians knoe king fu and should be represented as kung fu artist.

Yeah that's fair I think. Was Shang Chi a failure though? Last reports I read about it a few weeks back it was doing ok by pandemic standards. I didn't follow-through following it though to avoid spoilers (have to wait for D+ launch).
Yeah, that's exactly it. It's doing "ok". It's not a failure, but it's certainly not the "smash hit", "best marvel movie yet", or "everyone's favorite new Avenger" that the media says it is.

Funny thing is Black Widow is kinda considered a disappointment, yet this may not even top it (with D+ $ added to the mix). Meanwhile the same voices are considering Shang a success.

Yeah, that's exactly it. It's doing "ok". It's not a failure, but it's certainly not the "smash hit", "best marvel movie yet", or "everyone's favorite new Avenger" that the media says it is.

Funny thing is Black Widow is kinda considered a disappointment, yet this may not even top it (with D+ $ added to the mix). Meanwhile the same voices are considering Shang a success.
Yup once you factor in D+ Shang can’t touch BW.

Are all these new characters in Phase 4 being promoted as Avengers?! Will be funny watching them come up with excuses as to why they all decided to sit out the Infinity War. :lol

If it wasn’t marvel some stupid critic would say Shang chi is a racist depiction of Asian culture and not all Asians knoe king fu and should be represented as kung fu artist.
Hahaha now I really want to watch it. I was mostly indifferent to it before (because Hollywood has historically made really terrible kung-fu films).

Back