Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. At one time Spider-Man was being buried by C list characters like avengers and guardians cause Sony was being idiots and wanted to play dumb with the rights and listened to avi arad about not putting him in the mcu. It lead to Spider-Man not bing so popular for a short amount of time since the asm films were absolute crap compared to raimi films.
Thankfully spidey came into the mcu and got his popularity back.
It was really sad that Spider-Man and xmen were at one point being held hostage by rival studios who didn’t want to share the rights cause of money and corporate politics.
Sony thankfully played along but fox kept sinking the xmen lower and lower til they were bought out.
Glad to see the characters are back where they belong. Even if Spider-Man is halfway there.
Don’t forget the Marvel is playing nice and letting Sony develop the Wolverine game as a PlayStation exclusive that’s actually a big deal.

Yup. I HATE the supporting cast in this version of Spider-Man.
Annoying ganke ned
Not mj but still mj
Scrawny nerd flash
And annoying teachers.
I remember they said they wanted this Spider-Man to be like the breakfast club with a lot of heart but non of that happened whatsoever. Just so much cringe comedy and annoying characters we don’t care about that aren’t like the comic.

I believe Sony said made the changes cause they didn’t want the mcu Spider-Man to be to accurate just in case they make there own franchise which sounds like them since they are just as stupid as WB.
Agreed. Just stupid, not funny interactions. Hollywood pats themselves on the back, but everyone shows up for Spider-Man just like SW. Can F it up badly and still make money. Thankfully the Russos and the action sequences in his own deliver.

Agreed. Just stupid, not funny interactions. Hollywood pats themselves on the back, but everyone shows up for Spider-Man just like SW. Can F it up badly and still make money. Thankfully the Russos and the action sequences in his own deliver.
The russos got Spider-Man. If you pay attention you’ll see that civil war Spider-Man and homecoming are different. That Spider-Man beat winter soldier, falcon and almost cap fairly easily. Was more confident, and joked a bit.

homecoming was a bumbling , accident prone, needs help and I’m not sure of himself Spider-Man .

civil war was more what the character was.

Don’t forget the Marvel is playing nice and letting Sony develop the Wolverine game as a PlayStation exclusive that’s actually a big deal.
That is and it surprised me.
Lol if DC was smart they’d go to Xbox and tell them they want them to make DC games for Xbox only. So you’ll have a comic console war lol.

but we all know WB is dumb as hell so

I remember they said they wanted this Spider-Man to be like the breakfast club with a lot of heart but non of that happened whatsoever.
Seriously? I cut them a lot of slack but yeah -- not remotely close. That's embarrassing.

The russos got Spider-Man. If you pay attention you’ll see that civil war Spider-Man and homecoming are different. That Spider-Man beat winter soldier, falcon and almost cap fairly easily. Was more confident, and joked a bit.

homecoming was a bumbling , accident prone, needs help and I’m not sure of himself Spider-Man .

civil war was more what the character was.

A thousand times this. I was so excited to see him in Civil War, but even though I didn't hate HC and FFH, he's too ADD and too childish.

Civil War was absolutely young Spidey. His reflexes alone are waaaaay too much for Falcon and of course he's strong enough to stop WS. Sure, WS (and Cap) would be more dangerous if they were looking to harm him, but even so...the comic Spidey is forever pulling his punches and holding back.

Seriously? I cut them a lot of slack but yeah -- not remotely close. That's embarrassing.

A thousand times this. I was so excited to see him in Civil War, but even though I didn't hate HC and FFH, he's too ADD and too childish.

Civil War was absolutely young Spidey. His reflexes alone are waaaaay too much for Falcon and of course he's strong enough to stop WS. Sure, WS (and Cap) would be more dangerous if they were looking to harm him, but even so...the comic Spidey is forever pulling his punches and holding back.
They even posted a pic of the cast doing the breakfast club poster. It’s so weird , non of the characters or cast were that fleshed out. The highschool life was some science school for genius level children. It wasn’t anything like that. The movies were decent . But had no heart to them.

and yes civil war spidey got the character right. The way he moved and acted was comic accurate. Which is weird how in civil war he took falcon down easily but had trouble with vulture. He’s basically the same but bigger.

and yes civil war spidey got the character right. The way he moved and acted was comic accurate. Which is weird how in civil war he took falcon down easily but had trouble with vulture. He’s basically the same but bigger.
Actually, come to think of it -- his wall-crawling posture in CW was more comic accurate.

I hope this movie is as jam packed as it should be. The less high school/MJ crap the better.
I know the snap happened but I feel like they've been in school way too long.

I still don't quite understand how in the 5 years after the snap, his friends are still in the same class - unless I'm missing something obvious?... I thought HC and FFH were pretty meh to be honest so might have switched off.

Man this Andrew Garfield situation has became a **** show this is truly next level trolling marketing.

Look this movie is either going to have them in it and it will easily make 1 billion or they are not in it and the fans are going to burn the theaters down to the ground lol

Last edited:
The only reason I would want this to break $1 billion is so the media realizes, NO, Shang Chi wasn't a huge success. And that maybe the pandemic will Stop being blamed for every movies low box office numbers, and realize the under performing movies still sucked and that no one cared enough to risk going to see it.

Otherwise, I think this movie is dumb as ****. Even being a big Spider-Man fan. I don't want to see old franchises, whether I liked them or not (Raimi Spidey-verse), mixing in with the current MCU... So stupid.

I think the first instance of multiverse travel was the doorways in Loki. No idea how all of a sudden villains pop in and out and how all perhaps interact with each other at the same time. The rules might be heavily explained by Strange, similar to Hulk in EG.

Never seen Loki, but the time keepers were just one verse right? Only other verse was at the very end of the last ep correct?

I hate how the media is trying to bait them into disclosing details, It’s like hearing the rumors in regards to the ending of the upcoming Venom vs Carnage movie that will supposedly tie into No Way Home,

then there’s this lolol

Garfield is awful. Not sure how an actor cannot act his way into not answering a question he knows is coming. Some actor.

Theres a psychological difference between acting and lying. Maybe he's really worried about blowing it. He seems to have the most pressure applied to him.

I haven't seen any interviews with Tobey lately. Does he not currently have anything to promote?
For whatever reason Sony and Marvel have decided to have AG be the face of their hype build up marketing campaign.

Everything that has been said by AG so far has been vetted and actually scripted by the people in control which is too build up hype and keep it going by having him play the former actor who is just an innocent victim of said hype.

As has been reported already the questions Jimmy Fallon asked him were all pre-scripted and practiced.

The cgi leak was from the studio.

The rebuttal to the leak was from the studio.

Hell I bet my post is from the studio lol

Whatever it’s all in good fun let’s not forget why movies are made to begin with with…..$.

For whatever reason Sony and Marvel have decided to have AG be the face of their hype build up marketing campaign.

Everything that has been said by AG so far has been vetted and actually scripted by the people in control which is too build up hype and keep it going by having him play the former actor who is just an innocent victim of said hype.

As has been reported already the questions Jimmy Fallon asked him were all pre-scripted and practiced.

The cgi leak was from the studio.

The rebuttal to the leak was from the studio.

Hell I bet my post is from the studio lol

Whatever it’s all in good fun let’s not forget why movies are made to begin with with…..$.
I guess Andrew now realizes that this makes him look like a dumbass haha

Yep. Just like all the late night hosts.
When I say it’s all part of the plan i’m referring to this modern age of “spoiler” cinema where social media is a large marketing component.

The actors and their agents know very well that this is now part of their contractual duties.

It’s not about lying or being a dumbass it’s all about marketing.

If Sony/Disney wanted too they could just as easily release an official statement confirming their involvement but they calculated in their board rooms that this method will reap bigger rewards for them in the long run.

Just have fun with it.

Now if they are not in the movie, and they are, MCU rioters will make Snyder fans look like amateurs lol

Back