Speculation: Would you get a TDK Joker 3.0?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect this will happen for a 10 year anniversary edition. That would be around two years from now. But yes, I would buy. I think he would look great with the BVS Batman.

486e547e9489a44e573339ca68ca06c9.jpg

Nah, Hot Toys is done with Nolan Batman. Maybe 1/4 scale might get a run, but 1/6 this is the last Joker we'll see.

We'll get a 3.0 right after that DX Bane everyone was licking their stupid chops over :lol

:lol DX Joker 3.0 is only exceeded in its desperate unlikelihood by DX Bane.

They won't. Betcha one hundred thousand Interwebz dollars.

There won't be any more purple coat Jokers, they're done. Another OC Batman and that'll be it for the franchise.

Yup, there won't be another classic costume Joker for a long while, if at all. The Joker is done.

That was a while between drinks, DX01 to DX11. Even if the Nolan Bats machine is still ticking over in 4 years I'd be spending the four hundred or whatever it is now rather than wait for v3.0 DX20 :)

At MSRP you can almost guarantee you'll be able to recoup costs in a future sale, but when you pay $400 for a figure not so much. I don't agree with everyone else though - this'll be the last Joker in this outfit imo and will become the definitive stock version.

Yeh, I heard that too, 3.0 is on the way. Frikkin' amazing set too, it's basically gonna be every outfit already released, plus nurse and prison outfits. Check out this teaser:

https://www.onesixthrepublic.com/hottoys/batman/joker/3.0teaser

Yes, and I would take a new Dark Knight suit as well. The only head sculpt of the Joker that i think was great was the Bank Robber version. Everything else felt off to me. The Dark Knight suit can be improved a lot as well.

No.

I can't wait for the day where the DX 11 Joker thread dies and people move on from their wish list Ledger dolls. It was fun while it lasted. No more. I hope Hot Toys lost the 1/6 TDK license honestly.

Im hoping for a 10th anniversary rerelease. The armory is still on my short list but I gotta get though BvS, CW and Hulkbuster. If it doesnt happen I at least got Nicholson Joker and Leto Joker.

I remember an interview with Howard Chan where he mentioned a DX Joker 3.0
not sure what's going on with that now that it seems like the DX series is done

I feel like DX1.0 and DX2.0 are both lacking, DX1.0 is great but the outfit could be improved, and DX2.0 is great but the colour of the coat is too bright to be screen accurate, even though it IS accurate, it just isn't screen accurate

I'm interested in a 3.0 that takes the best from 1 and 2 and delivers a flawless figure
Also interested in an improved Begins Batman, and Two-Face, because let's be real, some of these figures were made before HT really hit their stride
They're capable of far better now if they give the figures the attention they deserve (no repeat of Keaton sculpt, please)

To each his own. For me it's really the only thing that would make it different enough to purchase.

There's no way Hot Toys could make his hair look good rooted. Sure, it looks good on some of the $1,000+ custom headsculpts, but those aren't mass produced and for what you're paying it should be good. The DX11's hair looks fine to me anyways.

You'd be better off getting that sort of thing done afterwards by a skilled customizer.

Has hot toys ever had a re release? I'd even be up up for that.

I think just recently they did, like the Iron Man 2 MK IV or whatever as a China exclusive. That's probably the most blatant one, thus far; prior to that, the closest I can think would be the Bank Robber Joker, but even that had newly tailored clothing, a new base, and a newly sculpted masked head vs the mask and slicked back hair head of the first release.

I hope for an updated Batman Begins suit. Too many jokers.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

1:4 or kill the line.

Go big or go home.

I really want a Hot Toys TDK Joker to display next to my QS001, and I don't like the Enterbay version. Hopefully the rumors from a few years back are still true. But I agree, if it isn't in 1/4th scale it's pointless.

Back