Your top 1/4 (Quarter Scale) figures you want made?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally buy the figure, specifically one of the enterbay ko, and strip it down to the bare body. I like using the fire toys bruce lee
thanks for that. i just ordered a custom 1/4 hot toys mark 3 construction version i want to make a detailed diorama that includes a tony stark repairing his suit but as i dont do social media i am not sure how to procede so all help is welcome, thanks ian.

funny thing 1/4 is the norm for ball jointed dolls but somehow the hobby is stuck at barbie scale. i guess cost is the main issue. a 1/4 doll would be displayed like a statue, so a good diorama would be required, which further adds more cost, might as well make statues, probably while it's not picking up.

Yeah it seems 1/4 scale figures are indeed few and far between, especially at the pace HT tickles them out. They've shown the Iron Man Mark II and VI at events, but have yet to solicit them. Of course the production/distribution of 1/4 figures pale in comparison to the exploding popularity of 1/6 :LOL: But I'm nonetheless happy we're getting some. Tracking down missed/past figures can be kinda a big hassle, especially in regards to aftermarket prices :lol. Shoot, I'd like a rerelease of the HT QS Terminator Endoskeleton. Yeah Neca's 1/4 figures are solid, especially for the price, my fav 1/4 Neca is their Arkham Knight Batman.

Best of luck on your search for a QS MK XLV! It's an amazing piece, and the amount of detail, engineering and moving parts is just AWEsome! I've heard good things of the PI figures, but unfortunately missed the boat on those lol Same with the EnterBay figures, I wish they kept on producing theirs to have more variety, but, alas..

Much agreed! I think HT's 1/4 line is mostly comprised of glorious figures and in my opinion have tremendous presence.
1/6 is more forgiving with errors and inaccuracy. 1/4, any flaws and lack of details get magnified. you will also need to add in more details which require time and effort. if you are a skilled all around customizer that can do 3D, tailoring and painting i guess 1/4 is a great scale. Tailoring would be easier on 1/4. But theres only a handful of such talented folks around the world.

The technology just isnt there for mass production.

Just made one of my 1:4 wants happen hair and odd bits still need work.

View attachment 654412View attachment 654413
Duuuude, love the sculpt and the soft goods!! Excellent work!! The focus of my collection goes hard on late 80's/early 90's pop culture icons and Beetlejuice is def on there. I've dropped the ball on picking up the Neca version of BJ for super cheap too many times (well before I started collecting seriously), and now prices are steep. That being said, Neca figures only do so much for me. I prefer mixed media, real clothes, accessories, etc., over sculpted soft parts. I am absolutely envious of your sculpt and clothes. I would love to see more of your process and the early stages if you would care to share. Are you 3d designing/printing yourself (did I already ask that? Sorry, I've been out of it for a minute)?
Planning on revising a couple things from this but thought it was worth sharing.
Yes man!! Indy is a must have. I have a few of the Diamond Select Quarter Scale Indys and hoped to salvage the parts to make something presentable but I think I've gotten to a point in my collecting where I need something exceptional, much like yours!
hi, i dont see 1/4 male bodies on ebay ( not much on a google search) so do regular users 3d print them or just pad out armatures for more static figures . many thanks ian.
It's an absolute crapshoot for 1/4 scale collecting, let alone 1/4 customs. Unlike 1/6 scale bodies, which I've seen for as little as $30/$40 and they're everywhere. 1/4 will run you $100-$300 if you can even find them. @UrBoiHarambe has a great idea. The KO Bruce Lee Fire bodies and starting there, good sculpt and composition.

If you have the $$, there are a few links to the available bodies on ebay (not sure if you're in the States or not) -

Search: Eenterbay 1/4 scale body

s-l1600 (4)w2d.jpeg

They sell these as leftover T-1000 bodies by Instanttoys
s-l1600 (4)frwdkj.jpeg

Again, these are the Instant Toys T-800 bodies. Not cheap

s-l1600.jpeg

I know quarter scale action figures aren't as popular as sixth scale, but for me I also appreciate what 1/4 figures can bring. I quite like HT's QS line, but their releases are few and far between, but nevertheless I think for the most part they're top tier figures. Your top 1/4 (Quarter Scale) figures you want made?

Blade the vampire from the first film. It's incomprehensible to me, after all these years, that no one has made it before. Or even did mold lifts from HT Blade 2 and have a knock off company produce some version of a Blade I.

I don't even collect 1/4th scale, but it's the one figure that would send me over the edge to get one.

Back