Speculation: Eowyn, Shieldmaiden of Rohan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandomHero

Super Freak
Reaction score
My friends.

We have won a great battle. The powers that be at Asmus Toys have given Haldir (and hopefully his Galadhrim) the green light. He is coming, and we will anxiously await further news each dawn until the reveal arrives. But there is work to be done, and we are far from rest.

Perhaps the greatest injustice in all of sixth scale collecting is the lack of a top notch Eowyn figure. She is a badass, a warrior, a hero. She killed the Witch King with a broken arm after disobeying her king and riding to war. She never lost hope even in the darkest of times. She almost killed Aragorn with terrible food after he put her in the friend zone.

Wait no that's not heroic.

Eowyn is a fantastic character. Perhaps the original strong female character. And while Asmus made a very nice figure of her many years ago, they have improved and she deserves an upgrade more than any character I can think of. Let's make that happen. Together, we will get Eowyn, daughter of Eomund, the respect she deserves.

The only thing Eowyn fears is a cage. Let's set her free in our collections. She would be the perfect 4Q figure to celebrate the 20th anniversary of her first appearance on screen.

Power thread 2.0 - we're off!

1645064095646.png

YES!!!!!! Count me in for a Eowyn figure. While I would prefer her disguised, I would gladly accept any version of her.

I think the Dernhelm disguise would be easiest for Asmus to do. I don't have the figure and while I'm sure some aspects of the armor need an upgrade, the framework is there for Asmus to get the armor rolling.

Personally, I would get either an armored version or a dress version. Whether is armor or dress, I would hope they would include her sword, since we saw her using it both on the battlefield and in the Great Hall when she talks to Aragorn.

I hate to derail this thread but we really need a 1/6 Sauron figure - not a sculpture. I really hope Asmus will jump on him soon too.
I think we all know that's not coming any time soon. Let's put that in the general Asmus thread for now while we work on getting Asmus attention towards some highly requested figures. Sauron in sixth scale would be massive, expensive and probably a lot of RnD. Let's not thread jack with other characters.

son of a.jpg

Oh Yes, I'm most certainly in for the Shieldmaiden of Rohan and Wraithbane Lady Eowyn of Edoras.

- Dernhelm Eowyn makes more sense for who should be next, its her most iconic look and visually more interesting than her dresses (which aren't quite as decadent and striking as say the elven ladies dresses).
- Then Witch King - selling the two in close proximity to the other will drive up sales for both - people want that "I'm no man!" scene. Plus it won't need too much adding to their new Nazgul 2.0 to achieve, so fairly easy production wise.

Now that I have pledged my axe to this cause, then I'm casting my bids in for.....

- Thranduil in Throne with berry crown costume - yes I will never stop fighting for it, I was given a taste and I want more - I need more elven rulers looking fabulous. Plus this is one of the only Hobbit characters I've seen a fair few people request in the comments (other than maybe Azog), after this they could consider "retiring" the license and selling it to someone else if it isn't the money spinner they hoped, so then a different company can take a crack and hopefully that will satisfy more Hobbit fans.
- King of the Dead - because he is awesome and looks awesome
- Council of Elrond look Elrond - pretty much a no brainer, for me when I think of Elrond this is what I see. Plus its from arguably his most iconic scene. Should be fairly easy to do too, no need to redo the head sculpt.
- Haldir and the Helm's Deep Galadhrim - awesome characters and design, plus otherwise RandomHero may just kill us all out of sheer frustration.
- Uruk Hai - you need some different Uruks to make those Helm's Deep scenes, standard soldiers, berserkers, etc.
- Lurtz - coolest Uruk, Boromir's killer and a great design
- Boromir fellowship look reissue and Gondorian armor look - no brainer, he is due an upgrade but the original outfit is too beautiful not to be redone plus him and Lurtz together near the same time would boost sales and the Gondorian look is both a cool alternative for the character but can also be repurposed for both Knightly Faramir and for other Gondorian soldier looks.
- Crown Gandalf the White - we all want him, lets not kid ourselves.
- Isildur - great costume, important character and would help complete Last Alliance collection
- Gil-Galad & Elendil - same as above
- Sauron - admittedly maybe not practical, I have no idea how big a 1/6 Sauron would be but he should at least be considered he IS THE Lord of the Rings afterall, the primary villain and probably the coolest looking villain in cinematic history - just imagine if they made him diecast (it would probably cost a fortune - but worth it) plus then the Last Alliance collection would be complete.
- Update/reissue of Strider Aragorn, its his classic look and Asmus haven't really nailed the likeness yet. As perhaps the deuteragonist of the films he does deserve a really solid release of his core look. But the time needs to be taken to get it perfect.
- Black Gate Aragorn with his horse (which has a FANTASTIC design), I would honestly buy this AND a reissue of the Strider look, but if I could have only one more Aragorn this is the chap, he looks amazing, his speech at the Black Gate is great, the costume shows he embraces his destiny and who he is meant to be, I love it.
- Pippin in his Guard of the Citadel outfit and Merry in his Rohan armour. Merry would go great with Eowyn and the Witch king and Pippin would go great with Gandalf the White, knightly Faramir if they chose to do him, and Denethor - who IS going to be on this list... :ROFLMAO: Plus then you have more attractive display options for other core members of the Fellowship
- Easterlings (maybe Haradrim aswell - the Mumakil rider would probably win me over) - some of the coolest looking characters in the franchise. Would have killer shelf presence
- Fountain Guards - the coolest looking Gondorian soldiers, one of the best costume designs in the franchise for me.
- Denethor (in throne) - great character played excellently by John Noble, interesting costume as well, that coat has some serious volume.
- update to Saruman the White, the headsculpt could look a lot more like Christopher Lee in the LOTR movies, and it would be cool if he was in his throne like the new Weta statue. Though the plinth and Palantir are still awesome.... plus I don't own one and want one 🤷‍♂️
- Sam reissue, so then I have the whole Fellowship and to go with the new Gollum figure and Frodo reissue.
- Then, as incredibly unlikely as it is I would rather get 1/6 larger characters like Trolls, Treebeard and Shelob, never going to happen but If I'm listing my preferences.......
- THEN I would prefer some awesome mounts for my figures like Shadowfax, The Great Eagles, Fellbeasts, Nazgul steeds, Thranduil's Irish Elk.... again extremely unlikely.....

....... and then and only then would I get Grima Wormtongue.....

Last edited:
View attachment 563055

Oh Yes, I'm most certainly in for the Shieldmaiden of Rohan and Wraithbane Lady Eowyn of Edoras.

- Dernhelm Eowyn makes more sense for who should be next, its her most iconic look and visually more interesting than her dresses (which aren't quite as decadent and striking as say the elven ladies dresses).
- Then Witch King - selling the two in close proximity to the other will drive up sales for both - people want that "I'm no man!" scene. Plus it won't need too much adding to their new Nazgul 2.0 to achieve, so fairly easy production wise.

Now that I have pledged my axe to this cause, then I'm casting my bids in for.....

- Thranduil in Throne with berry crown costume - yes I will never stop fighting for it, I was given a taste and I want more - I need more elven rulers looking fabulous. Plus this is one of the only Hobbit characters I've seen a fair few people request in the comments (other than maybe Azog), after this they could consider "retiring" the license and selling it to someone else if it isn't the money spinner they hoped, so then a different company can take a crack and hopefully that will satisfy more Hobbit fans.
- King of the Dead - because he is awesome and looks awesome
- Council of Elrond look Elrond - pretty much a no brainer, for me when I think of Elrond this is what I see. Plus its from arguably his most iconic scene. Should be fairly easy to do too, no need to redo the head sculpt.
- Haldir and the Helm's Deep Galadhrim - awesome characters and design, plus otherwise RandomHero may just kill us all out of sheer frustration.
- Uruk Hai - you need some different Uruks to make those Helm's Deep scenes, standard soldiers, berserkers, etc.
- Lurtz - coolest Uruk, Boromir's killer and a great design
- Boromir fellowship look reissue and Gondorian armor look - no brainer, he is due an upgrade but the original outfit is too beautiful not to be redone plus him and Lurtz together near the same time would boost sales and the Gondorian look is both a cool alternative for the character but can also be repurposed for both Knightly Faramir and for other Gondorian soldier looks.
- Crown Gandalf the White - we all want him, lets not kid ourselves.
- Isildur - great costume, important character and would help complete Last Alliance collection
- Gil-Galad & Elendil - same as above
- Sauron - admittedly maybe not practical, I have no idea how big a 1/6 Sauron would be but he should at least be considered he IS THE Lord of the Rings afterall, the primary villain and probably the coolest looking villain in cinematic history - just imagine if they made him diecast (it would probably cost a fortune - but worth it) plus then the Last Alliance collection would be complete.
- Update/reissue of Strider Aragorn, its his classic look and Asmus haven't really nailed the likeness yet. As perhaps the deuteragonist of the films he does deserve a really solid release of his core look. But the time needs to be taken to get it perfect.
- Black Gate Aragorn with his horse (which has a FANTASTIC design), I would honestly buy this AND a reissue of the Strider look, but if I could have only one more Aragorn this is the chap, he looks amazing, his speech at the Black Gate is great, the costume shows he embraces his destiny and who he is meant to be, I love it.
- Pippin in his Guard of the Citadel outfit and Merry in his Rohan armour. Merry would go great with Eowyn and the Witch king and Pippin would go great with Gandalf the White, knightly Faramir if they chose to do him, and Denethor - who IS going to be on this list... :ROFLMAO: Plus then you have more attractive display options for other core members of the Fellowship
- Easterlings (maybe Haradrim aswell - the Mumakil rider would probably win me over) - some of the coolest looking characters in the franchise. Would have killer shelf presence
- Fountain Guards - the coolest looking Gondorian soldiers, one of the best costume designs in the franchise for me.
- Denethor (in throne) - great character played excellently by John Noble, interesting costume as well, that coat has some serious volume.
- update to Saruman the White, the headsculpt could look a lot more like Christopher Lee in the LOTR movies, and it would be cool if he was in his throne like the new Weta statue. Though the plinth and Palantir are still awesome.... plus I don't own one and want one 🤷‍♂️
- Sam reissue, so then I have the whole Fellowship and to go with the new Gollum figure and Frodo reissue.
- Then, as incredibly unlikely as it is I would rather get 1/6 larger characters like Trolls, Treebeard and Shelob, never going to happen but If I'm listing my preferences.......
- THEN I would prefer some awesome mounts for my figures like Shadowfax, The Great Eagles, Fellbeasts, Nazgul steeds, Thranduil's Irish Elk.... again extremely unlikely.....

....... and then and only then would I get Grima Wormtongue.....
It would be cool if they made the helms deep Uruk-hai with the large bombs!

Totally in for a new Eowyn but not an armoured version. If we have a beautiful sculpt and rooted hair I would prefer the white dress version, it's gorgeous and I love the medieval/arthurian feeling.
:)

Attachments

• Legende-arthurienne.jpg
    Legende-arthurienne.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 07ab55bf45a4be9b78daa177ac243a12.jpg
    07ab55bf45a4be9b78daa177ac243a12.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 49
I am 100% in for any version of Eowyn 2.0. I would prefer for either the white dress or the armored version but I am down for any. Shoot I would buy the white dress and the armored in a heart beat even if they use the same sculpt for both. Asmus has gotten a lot better since her original release.

Easily my number one most wanted figure outside of any and all Uruk Hai.

Back