Speculation: Eowyn, Shieldmaiden of Rohan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an honest question - not being critical - why do you guys want the Fellbeast as the display base? She never stands on top of it like Legolas did with the cave troll. Maybe they can make a display base with some blood stained grass from the Pelennor Fields with the head of the Fellbeast laying on it? Unless that's what was intended and I just read it wrong thinking you wanted her standing on the head.
Thats what I was picturing a stand with a bit of Pelennor fields with the head laying on it for her to stand next to.

From what I can tell from looking at the scene and pausing at critical moments, the Weta bust is just a little bigger than 1:6 scale.
As you can tell in these pics (sorry the best I could do) both Eowyn & Witch King look a little bigger in proportion with the Fell beast compared to these figures and the Weta bust - somewhat close, but the bust seems a little too big - maybe 1:5 or 1:4 scale.
fellbeast 1.png

Eowyn is slightly in foreground which doesnt help - but only by about 2-3 feet
fellbeast 2.png

Look at Eowyn head comapred to fell beasts - not insanely larger like compared to the bust, neck is thinner too - shows overall proportions are too big for 1:6 in bust.
fellbeast 3.png

compare to Theoden's boots which are in background, the head isn't as big as you think
fellbeast 4.png

Both Eowyn & Witch king look much larger compared to overall Fellbeast than the figures do to the bust - the head seems to be chunkier but near same size as Eowyn's torso. smaller than Witch King's torso
fellbeast 5.png

fellbeast 6.png

These are as close as you will get to clear pictures of Eowyn vs the head on a near-level distance comparison. The head is a chunky piece but overall about the size of Eowyn's torso. Only slightly bigger than Cave Troll head in length but the same in width (the troll seems to have a bigger head/body ratio than the Fellbeast which has quite a small head compared t its overall size).

I tried to find a shot of the head on the ground but it seems to disappear once Eowyn chops it off! :ROFLMAO:
Ps your display looks beautiful @Chopper Face - really makes me want the weta bust.

Eowyn as Dernhelm was my entry into the world of 1:6. She stands out as one of the braver characters in the trilogy and I feel she definitely deserves an upgraded figure. If Asmus released a Dernhelm 2.0 I'd be in but I'd also suggest and would prefer her green gown as the most striking "unarmoured" look.View attachment 563588
Yes that is a nice look too - I do like that dress. Still, this one, either of the white dresses, armoured...I'd be happy with any of them! I just want an Eowyn figure! :)

Eowyn as Dernhelm was my entry into the world of 1:6. She stands out as one of the braver characters in the trilogy and I feel she definitely deserves an upgraded figure. If Asmus released a Dernhelm 2.0 I'd be in but I'd also suggest and would prefer her green gown as the most striking "unarmoured" look.View attachment 563588
Mmm, that is a tasty one too. I may like this the most now. It just screams Rohan!

Going off of the Weta bust, which I think is pretty much 1:6 scale, the severed Fell Beast head would still be pretty huge- around the length of Eowyn but way chunkier.
It would make for a much more detailed dio/accessory than Asmus have produced since the Troll head.
After Henrietta, I doubt this would be painted anywhere near well enough and would cost as much as a standard figure on its own.
View attachment 563550
View attachment 563552

This was a good reminder of why a lot of ‘sleepers’ and late comers are itching for 2.0s.
View attachment 563551
Neither are perfect but they ain’t half bad either. I’m all set for armoured Eowyn which is why my vote is for a dress version.
Epic display! Seriously thinking about revising my study/man cave to have a dedicated LOTR feature this year. Now that I’ve satisfied my Marvel shelf and HT have pretty much abandoned Star Wars OT for now, it’s time to concentrate on my 2nd fave trilogy!
There’s also some really nice 3D prints of the Fellbeast out there. Even at a smaller scale, it would be an awesome addition. Hmmmm…the possibilities.

No love for this version of Eowyn?? This is how I mostly picture the definitive Eowyn- probably because of the toy biz figure of this outfit
I like that one too but my favorites will always be the white dress and the armor. The white dress Edoras scene with the wind and the flag blowing is just very iconic to me. It also feels very classic reminiscent of a lot of art that romanticized the Middle Ages.

Also, Chopper, that is an awesome set up. My Eowyn and Witch King are displayed in a face off against each other but it pales in comparison to your setup.

Also, Chopper, that is an awesome set up. My Eowyn and Witch King are displayed in a face off against each other but it pales in comparison to your setup.
Thank you. I would love to have them face to face but as they are at the far side of my collection space, I’d have to sacrifice visibility of one of them who would be facing away from my regular viewing point + with that Fell beast mounted to the wall, I like to have it and the Witch King facing the same direction.

No love for this version of Eowyn?? This is how I mostly picture the definitive Eowyn- probably because of the toy biz figure of this outfit
This is a classic but it’s almost too basic and plain. This is like her scrubbing about loungewear. Practical but uninteresting. In 1/6 it may come out looking really cheap or like she’s wearing a big potato sack.

Also, I feel I’ve owned it from having the ToyBiz version and want something fancier; more elegant and detailed.

For me the green dress is the most gorgeous but I don't associate it with the character or any particular scene in the films. (I think it's from some of the early Edoras scenes, like Theodred's death, maybe?)
The coronation dress and the Theodred funeral dress are barely glimpsed in the movies so I would pass on those.
The all white dress is iconic, but for me it's a bit too close to Galadriel's at first glance and might translate a bit blandly to 1/6.
The brown and blue outfit is from the memorable swordplay scene with Aragorn, but is hella frumpy.
So for me, the best dress option would be the white dress with the brown embroidered bodice. It just "feels" very Rohan to me.

(And, of course, the armored Dernhelm version is most iconic, but I've already got that figure so I'm only ranking the dress looks here.)

If they go with the Shield Maiden version instead of Dernhelm they could include Simbelmynë “Evermind” flowers that grew on the dead mounds in Rohan. You see them during the funeral of Theodred.
1D41604C-1C22-46DC-A3B8-D67A76BE941A.jpeg

Last edited:
For me the green dress is the most gorgeous but I don't associate it with the character or any particular scene in the films. (I think it's from some of the early Edoras scenes, like Theodred's death, maybe?)
The coronation dress and the Theodred funeral dress are barely glimpsed in the movies so I would pass on those.
The all white dress is iconic, but for me it's a bit too close to Galadriel's at first glance and might translate a bit blandly to 1/6.
The brown and blue outfit is from the memorable swordplay scene with Aragorn, but is hella frumpy.
So for me, the best dress option would be the white dress with the brown embroidered bodice. It just "feels" very Rohan to me.

(And, of course, the armored Dernhelm version is most iconic, but I've already got that figure so I'm only ranking the dress looks here.)
Agreed...I did originally want the all white dress until the similarities to Galadriel were pointed out (which I never considered!! :lol ). So...either an updated 'Dernhelm' or the white dress with the bodice then please Asmus! :pray:

Or...just make them both, two pack even..I for one would definitely purchase 'em both!! :rock

I don't see the issue with the white dress being too similar to Galadriel's. Two different characters that will certainly not be confused with one another, on display.

Heck, we are fanatics enough to have and/or want the following versions of just Aragorn: "Strider", "Amon Hen" and "Helm's Deep", all which are fairly the same except for some small details and yet different enough to warrant a separate figure! :lol

Oh, I don't think I'll confuse them. :lol I just don't think a second figure with an all white dress would be quite as interesting visually on the shelf. Especially a dress that's probably a little simpler (and at that scale, likely a bit blander) than Galadriel's.

True, there's already tons of repetition in all the variants of characters we already have. But I actually think that's a pretty good reason to go for a bit more variety when it's an option.

That said, keep in mind that I will buy this figure regardless! Doesn't matter which outfit they settle on. It's just that my preference is the white skirt/brown bodice version. It just "feels" the most Rohan to me. (Though that green one is really impressive.)

Last edited:
I understand. I just think that while a 2.0 version of an armored Dernhelm is a given, (which I definitely want), the White Lady of Rohan version would be a beautiful addition to the collection. I would immediately display that one with Faramir, even though they didn't wear those outfits while together.

Back