SONY to make Morbius Film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seriously would customize my Hot Toys Venom with the symbol if I ever got one. It’s just not “right” without it.
2lfqrsev2oc61.png

So much better.
Ugh! So much better!

I just read that the screenwriters for this also penned The Last Witch Hunter and the cinematic classic (lol) Gods of Egypt. I think I know why the plot & pacing is being heavily criticized lol...

I think almost any core story that had some kind of mass following could be converted into something interesting on screen. Part of the problem is there are lots of movies that should have been TV shows and some TV shows that should have been movies.

Enders Game, a personal favorite of mine, is a timeless book. But it's way too complex and nuanced to just make into a movie. It needs to be a TV show. Probably 3 full seasons at 10 episodes per to really flesh out the story. I felt that way about The Hobbit as well. The framework would probably work 100 times better in a prestige TV series.

Morbius, because it doesn't have the name recognition factor of a Spiderman or Batman with the average movie goer, might have been better off as a TV series.

In an alternate universe, If they recast this with Matt Smith in the lead as a TV series, and hope to get Jared Harris as the father figure, and draw in the health care/medical complexity issue ( Think Dopesick and DayBreakers and Contagion) , this could have been really interesting. When you do a TV series, you need "brand name" but not from such a small pool of brand names that investors hope can carry an entire movie by themselves. Thus while Matt Smith might not be able to headline a big Hollywood movie, a TV show is more viable.

It can be done, making something interesting out of maybe not such an eyecatching premise. James Gunn made Polka Dot Man quite sympathetic. I didn't think that was possible. I just think you have to assess stories that fit better on TV and leave them on TV.

Movie was like the writers had no idea what they wanted to do with it. They cut stuff shown from the trailers, the action sequences were badly done (so bad that I really liked when they did the slow motion), the villain was boring and final fight was like 30 seconds. Just a plain vanilla comic book movie. I have no desire to see again.

The producer said Leto drove everyone mad by using the cane to walk at all times during production stupid method acting lol

He said the crew was ready to kill him lol

I never had high hopes for this (and I actually like Leto), but from the few minutes I've seen from leaked videos, it's not even cool 00s edge. It's just badly made and botched in all aspects. Not Constantine, certainly not X-Men, not even Ghost Rider, but instead Elektra. How you mess up Science Vampire that bad is beyond me... Unless he gets a makeover and appears in Blade 2 or something, I'm out dolly-wise. But, to be fair, I was never "in" to begin with. Too many characters for me to bother with such a low priority. I'll stick to Dracula for my vampire fix. Hell, Leto didn't even look cool as Morbius. The beard doesn't fit him and it comes off as a pubebeard when he transforms. No, seriously.

morbius-new-trailer.png

It literally looks like glued pubes... Who wouldn't want to pay 300$ for this?! Why is fanart always so much better?

2722_medium.jpg

I hope MCU Dracula looks much better. I'd take both looks, a Count one and a Kain/Historical-esque one. I think he'll probably appear in Blade or whatever ends up happening with Midnight Sons, so I'm waiting until then. Maybe the MS will go against Lilith/Mephisto/Chthon/whatever instead though. Who knows, right? Maybe the MS will be more street level instead of involving Strange and the big demon lords. We're just getting into that corner, after all. But I'm confident Dracula will appear in Blade at the very least. From he casting calls (Faiza namely, and the fact that Dane's going to be in it) they seem to be adapting the MI:13 Vampire arc, so even if they keep Dracula for a later installment, they're still moving towards him. It's characters like Daimon, Satana and Jericho that I'm curious to see if they'll get adapted.

tumblr_inline_pjbviwaowq1qbv7u8_1280.jpg

Look me in the eye and tell me that this wouldn't make for a sick figure. I never got the hate for it, honestly. It's more "accurate" than the "classic" version most are familiar with anyhow. Me, I like both looks. But I'm a general Vampire/Dracula fan, so I'd be in for Coppola and Castlevania figures too.

So you're saying that one thing remains. Dark Horse. He must be in a ***ty Dark Horse comics movie. Then - and only then - a complete failure will he be.
Yup. So maybe that spawn movie or something like that.

Well Spawn will probably never come out which is unfortunate because I would love to it done.
Shame. We need a spawn movie. Jared Leto can be cast as a the fat clown and do his stupid method acting and eat a ton of fast food until he becomes bed ridden.

Shame. We need a spawn movie. Jared Leto can be cast as a the fat clown and do his stupid method acting and eat a ton of fast food until he becomes bed ridden.
You say that in jest, but he did get fat for a role once and developed gout.

Chapter_27movie.jpg

I actually can see Clown in this.

You say that in jest, but he did get fat for a role once and developed gout.

Chapter_27movie.jpg

I actually can see Clown in this.
That's kinda horrifying to think what he had to eat to get there -- metabolisms generally want to stay where they are. I'm not a big guy and can't imagine what I'd have to eat to get there.

Hannibal is dunking on Letostans!

The Hannibal alum was asked how he approaches his roles during an interview with GQ, and although he does prepare for each part meticulously, he made his feelings on method acting very clear: "It's ********."

mads-mads-mikkelsen.gif

Back