Sideshow 1:6 Cad Bane in Denal Disguise Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm okay with this. Any clone they release that's not done up in the god awful cartoon design is a win for me. I love seeing the clones brought out in the real life styled armors. I'll get this soon as it drops.

I see it the other way around, they're probably just seeing how much interest is in this guy and I'd be surprised if a CB wasn't already in development. He was one of the most popular characters out of TCW and I don't see them wasting a headsculpt like this.

I don't think this figure has anything to do with interest on a full Cad Bane figure. I also don't think that this figure takes away from any other release that people would rather have.
The R&D cost was probably very, very low on this and it's a "why not?" release.
The clones sell. If this was just released as a Denal figure, people would be saying, " Hey! Wouldn't it have been cool to get a Cad Bane head with this?"

The clones sell. If this was just released as a Denal figure, people would be saying, " Hey! Wouldn't it have been cool to get a Cad Bane head with this?"

Yeah and what's funny is they just previewed Denal by himself people would say, "a new clone, cool," and then revealed the Cad Bane head as the exclusive accessory everyone would think it was one of the coolest exclusives ever. But as a straight Cad Bane figure there's only upset. :lol

I've picked up so many clones I really don't ever want another one even with Bane's head. I was sure we'd get a traditional Bane before this ever happened so I agree, they're milking this clone thing way too much. On the bright site they're saving me money on these easy passes but I'm hoping regular Bane isn't far off.

I don't think this figure has anything to do with interest on a full Cad Bane figure. I also don't think that this figure takes away from any other release that people would rather have.
The R&D cost was probably very, very low on this and it's a "why not?" release.
Everything you're saying is correct but this is still a cheap, lazy release. Sure, better to have it than not and it's not like it's taking up a valuable SW slot away from anything else, but simultaneously, it couldn't be more tossed-off. I guess that's what's annoying people. Personally it doesn't bother me and I'm happy for anyone that wants it, but I can see why the figure invites derision.

I give you Sideshow's next figure!
yarna.jpg

Yeah and what's funny is they just previewed Denal by himself people would say, "a new clone, cool," and then revealed the Cad Bane head as the exclusive accessory everyone would think it was one of the coolest exclusives ever. But as a straight Cad Bane figure there's only upset. :lol

That's spot on to me. I think they could've spun it to their advantage by running a clone division that was unique to a Cad Bane episode (if any) or even saying it's "whatever his alien species is" exclusive. Then they'd have fired up the "Cad Bane is coming" excitement on theboard and unloaded yet another clone.

For me, if there is a figure to give ED to your action figure uh, excitement, this is it.

I'll refrain from a joke about exclusive heads so as not to get banned.

And for the record, SSC: I really, Really, REALLY want Cad Bane and Embo - step up now, you hear?

Last edited:
Just thinking out loud, but wouldn't Cad bane require a full on new body? Isn't he a lot skinner than the average alien?

While it does seem lazy to slap his head on a clone, maybe the reason is a full cad bane is still being developed. :dunno

I am in love with Cad Bane so I was super pumped to see this. Obviously a full figure would have been better but if its this or nothing then im super happy to have this. He and Darth Plagueis were my long shots favorites to get figures so seeing one of them in any form is great. The head looks pretty damn creepy when translated to a realistic style. I hope he either comes with an exclusive hat or dual pistols.

Is there any speculation on when this is due? Since its just a repaint with a new head it would be nice if he made it out this year sometime.

Just thinking out loud, but wouldn't Cad bane require a full on new body? Isn't he a lot skinner than the average alien?

While it does seem lazy to slap his head on a clone, maybe the reason is a full cad bane is still being developed. :dunno

not really. they could very eaisly just use most of the armor figure body for cad bane. some new hips, and possibly a new torso might be needed. but not a full on new body.

But then again, that might also be becuase of teh style aetetic of the clone wars cartoon, so likely,Cad Bane would just use a standard pro body.

I can see people's gripes on this figure. It does seem lazy on SSC's part to do this. I for one have zero interest in this, but for those who are excited to get him, Congrats and enjoy him when you get him.

Back