Sideshow 1:6 Cad Bane in Denal Disguise Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cad_bane_indy_fedora.jpg
Does anyone know where I can pick up a Hot Toys Indiana Jones hat?
I want one to have for Cad.
I want to pose him trying it on.

Thanks, Flosi :) I was beginning to wonder if anyone even noticed that I posted that.

What am I, chopped liver? :monkey2

Brilliant, I love the alteration you made to the chest armor :rock :rock

galactiboy noticed it yesterday :dunno

Damn straight I did :lecture

Thanks, Rubio. I missed that entire page.

Lol, thanks :) I was almost finished with it when I realized I needed to do that.

Okay, all is forgiven :grouphug

Just thinking out loud, but wouldn't Cad bane require a full on new body? Isn't he a lot skinner than the average alien?

While it does seem lazy to slap his head on a clone, maybe the reason is a full cad bane is still being developed. :dunno

Of course he would need a whole new body. He is not just a little short for a Stormtrooper, he is way too short for a Stormtrooper, or Clone trooper, since they are all clones and hence all the same size and height. Epic fail disguise. None of the Clone Troopers would be fooled by this.

Instead of making the really interesting outfit Cad Bane has, SS uses an existing body, the Clone armor, no less, with all it's existing variations already using the same mold, and puts a Cad Bane head on him.

Cad Bane is at least a foot shorter than the Clones. Here he is next to Obi Wan.

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Images_of_Cad_Bane?file=BaneKenobi-Showdown.jpg

So this is just another clone. With a interesting head. Major pass.
Not sure Ild buy cad anyway but I am so cloned out. New stormie ?

Only thing its that's not his original hat in that screen shot. That's in one of the episodes where he picks up a different one. His hat has a much wider brim all the way around.

The hat in the screen shot is Indiana Jones' hat.
I know Cad's hat is wider.
They did that as a homage to Indiana Jones.
Also pre-ordered!
Used rewards points and got over $20 off!

I'd be all over a Cad Bane figure...however I'm talking about an actual full on Cad Bane. And although I'm a fan of the various clones even I've had enough at this point. My biggest fear is that once Episode VII hits that's all Sideshow will focus on and all the other great characters we are missing (Stormtrooper 2.0, Dooku, Biker Scout, etc...) will fall by the way side.

Those, the other bounty hunters, more droids, more Jabba's palace aliens, more cantina aliens, Hoth rebels, X-Wing pilots, TIE pilots, Tarkin, at least one good Leia...

The last thing we genuinely need right now are more clones.

Cad Bane's outfit is the most interesting part of his look. Any humanoid Star wars species would look good in it.

So this is just another clone. With a interesting head. Major pass.
Not sure Ild buy cad anyway but I am so cloned out. New stormie ?

This is a pass for me as well. I also would probably pass on a regular Cad as well.

But is there any news of SSC doing a new stormtrooper? Because I would be all over that.

The more I look at it there seems to be something not quite Cad Bane about that face. Granted Im comparing it to a cartoon version whereas Sideshows sculpts are their take on real life (or movie life anyways). Cad always has that sort of squint, I suppose it could be modded easily enough though.

I haven't ordered this yet. I'm just going to hold off for now. I'm just hoping a full Cad Bane figure comes soon.

The heads sculpt gets me excited. Sideshow need to throw that head on a a body with matching neck and hands, and Bossk's space suit, die it silver and give us a new Cantina/Jabba's Palace character!

Of course he would need a whole new body. He is not just a little short for a Stormtrooper, he is way too short for a Stormtrooper, or Clone trooper, since they are all clones and hence all the same size and height. Epic fail disguise. None of the Clone Troopers would be fooled by this.

Instead of making the really interesting outfit Cad Bane has, SS uses an existing body, the Clone armor, no less, with all it's existing variations already using the same mold, and puts a Cad Bane head on him.

Cad Bane is at least a foot shorter than the Clones. Here he is next to Obi Wan.

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Images_of_Cad_Bane?file=BaneKenobi-Showdown.jpg

The source of that image, Wookiepedia, lists Bane as 1.85 meters, and Obi-Wan at 1.82

Keep the perspective of that image in mind. Obi-Wan is much closer to the camera than Bane. They're both virtually the same height.

Back