1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those Avatar figures look like a horse's posterior.

Spider-Head Thing-Groot is amusing. Red guard and Anakin look good.

EDIT: WHERE IS TECH DAMN IT
Amusing???

eXbYxIA.gif

At least this week wasn’t another Star Wars figure. I needed a break. Does hot toys need money? A ton of exclusives at one time that ship immediately. A complete month of Star Wars. DE Luke and rots sidious, revan and starkiller, another maul, now another bale Batman? I’m guessing mace 2.0 is next with improved likeness? The dkr armory hasn’t even shipped yet.

At least this week wasn’t another Star Wars figure. I needed a break. Does hot toys need money? A ton of exclusives at one time that ship immediately. A complete month of Star Wars. DE Luke and rots sidious, revan and starkiller, another maul, now another bale Batman? I’m guessing mace 2.0 is next with improved likeness? The dkr armory hasn’t even shipped yet.

I think this is the first year in a long time(maybe even ever?) that HT can’t also rely on Marvel and DC.

All the recent SW exclusives, from the chrome/gold Clones, Triple Zero, reissued Stormtroopers to Obi-Wan and the Imperial Commando were incredibly simple for them to do, with so many reused parts and pieces, with the most work being the Commando helmet. Then make them exclusives so they won’t sit around as stock.

This is all quick, guaranteed, and easy money for them in a possible uncertain year for them.

A bit overwhelming for people who collect everything though or were interested in all of the exclusives.

Which is why we also see so many 2.0s from The Dark Knight Trilogy (and Batman in general), in the last 10 months or so.

TDK armory set is crazy..with the TDKR set not even released yet lol.

I fully expect July/August to be Deadpool/Wolverine heavy. Safe to assume we’ll see more Spider-Man 2 costume repaints and Star Wars figures that reuse molds and parts this summer too.

Love:
Rebels
Ahsoka
TCW Season 7 (last 4 episodes)

Great:
Andor
Tales of the Jedi
Mandalorian Season 2 (The Ahsoka and Luke Episodes are perfection)
Rogue One

Good:
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Had some low points, but also really high points)
Tales of the Empire
Mandalorian Season 1
Solo

Meh:
Book of Boba Fett (I enjoyed the Luke scenes, but the rest was pretty bad)

Awful:
Mandalorian Season 3 (retroactively ruined Seasons 1 and 2)
TCW Season 7 (anything with Martez sisters)
The Force Awakens (ANH but worse)
The Last Jedi (seriously terrible)
Rise of Skywalker (sigh)

No Interest in Watching:
Resistance
The Bad Batch
Droids
Ewoks
Young Jedi Adventures

I'm cautiously excited for the Acolyte. Everything I've seen looks incredible and I've wanted a dark Sith show for so long. Hopefully it pulls it off. Initial reviews are positive, but they always are.

I think this is the first year in a long time(maybe even ever?) that HT can’t also rely on Marvel and DC.

All the recent SW exclusives, from the chrome/gold Clones, Triple Zero, reissued Stormtroopers to Obi-Wan and the Imperial Commando were incredibly simple for them to do, with so many reused parts and pieces, with the most work being the Commando helmet. Then make them exclusives so they won’t sit around as stock.

This is all quick, guaranteed, and easy money for them in a possible uncertain year for them.

A bit overwhelming for people who collect everything though or were interested in all of the exclusives.

Which is why we also see so many 2.0s from The Dark Knight Trilogy (and Batman in general), in the last 10 months or so.

TDK armory set is crazy..with the TDKR set not even released yet lol.

I fully expect July/August to be Deadpool/Wolverine heavy. Safe to assume we’ll see more Spider-Man 2 costume repaints and Star Wars figures that reuse molds and parts this summer too.
This.

Hot Toys's fat stomach is getting slimmer, China won't feed them anymore! What to do? Resort to second biggest market - The W E S T

Expect more, much more SW releases. FFS just drop the 212th and Airborne tonight.

Based on the first couple episodes of The Acolyte I would at least pick up Master Sol.

Sol was great.

A good actor can make some of that bad dialogue serviceable, that’s exactly what he did. Love the presence he has so far too.

Wasn’t an awful start for the show either, won’t collect anything from it, but I’ll tune in each week.

Right now, i have a weird feeling Hot Toys are going to pull a "Andor" on us with The Acolyte. I hope i'm wrong though.

Right now, i have a weird feeling Hot Toys are going to pull a "Andor" on us with The Acolyte. I hope i'm wrong though.
Same for real, no teasing about the Acolyte gives me this feeling in my heart that there won't be any figs from it.

If we are lucky, they will celebrate their love of the Acolyte by putting up some Andor figures instead. The better financial choice.

Last edited:
Back