Sideshow Cad Bane The Clone Wars Animated 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s really sad is that SS knows the quality of the earlier figures. They’ve also seen the reviews and heard the complaints about numerous problems across this line. Do you think they’ve taken any steps to correct these - not a single one.

My God, it’s sooo bare-bones! Only two sets of hands! There’s lazy and utterly lacking in imagination or passion- and then there’s Sideshow.

Something tells me those pistols are just gonna fall right out of the holsters. How the hell are they held upright?

I think I actually have learned my lesson with this line and should be quite safe to just let this figure release, be exposed as the typical Sideshow cop-out, and then pick it up half price somewhere that isn’t SSC.

Wasnt that around the pricepoint HT Chrome Mando came in at? I know he was right around $300. And what a stellar figure that is.

I dont think Bane here is gonna be that; no, not at all.

Same price as some excellent recent Hot Toys figures like Jesse and Mando Luke.

More expensive than other great figures like Fennec, Koska, AOTC Anakin and Padme, TCW Obi-Wan... The entire Bad Batch except for Wrecker who is only $5 more.

It's an absolute joke. Without a punchline.

lol guess “I’m low IQ” for ordering. At least I’m consistent, where are all the people who were crying when they thought it was canceled? This will be my only SS figure. I only recently watched the Clone Wars for the first time and Cad Bane has got to be my new favorite character to SW.

lol guess “I’m low IQ” for ordering. At least I’m consistent, where are all the people who were crying when they thought it was canceled? This will be my only SS figure. I only recently watched the Clone Wars for the first time and Cad Bane has got to be my new favorite character to SW.

🤟No judgement here. I hope he turns out great for you, I really do.

Yeah that wasn’t necessary.

No judgement from me either. I do hope they do better with this figure for the people who want it, because many do.

It’s ultimately just sad how badly they’ve fumbled this line. Could’ve been a real success story.

I don't think there's any inherent inconsistency in holding those two views. People can be upset when they thought he was cancelled since they obviously wanted the figure and they can also be outraged at the price SS are asking.

I really want a toon accurate Cad Bane, this is the closest we're ever likely to get given HT is opting for live action representations of all SW characters even when they're making Clone Wars versions.

Sideshow's pricing is also ridiculous given the quality of the materials and engineering which we have plenty of evidence for from their recent releases.

Am I still getting this? Yes, because I obviously want a toon accurate Cad Bane more than I'm willing to protest Sideshow's ridiculous pricing so in the end Sideshow's pricing decision probably makes sense if there's enough ppl just like me willing to begrudgingly hand over a lot of money for a subpar product. I somehow doubt there are that many like me though.

I don't think there's any inherent inconsistency in holding those two views. People can be upset when they thought he was cancelled since they obviously wanted the figure and they can also be outraged at the price SS are asking.

I really want a toon accurate Cad Bane, this is the closest we're ever likely to get given HT is opting for live action representations of all SW characters even when they're making Clone Wars versions.

Sideshow's pricing is also ridiculous given the quality of the materials and engineering which we have plenty of evidence for from their recent releases.

Am I still getting this? Yes, because I obviously want a toon accurate Cad Bane more than I'm willing to protest Sideshow's ridiculous pricing so in the end Sideshow's pricing decision probably makes sense if there's enough ppl just like me willing to begrudgingly hand over a lot of money for a subpar product. I somehow doubt there are that many like me though.

A lot of people are excited about the figure. I’ve seen many positive reactions on their socials. I just don’t think they know what they’re getting into. Especially people who are just decrying “Hot Toys fanboys bashing Sideshow” which is just… kind of a next level comment.

TCW is popular. Cad Bane is popular. I don’t blame anyone for wanting a figure like this. Because on paper it’s the kind of thing people have wanted for years. It should be a dream come true.

It’s just so disappointing that Sideshow has turned this line into a joke for people that know. Even a little more more effort made towards quality could’ve seen the line be a real success.

People just need to go into it with their eyes open, that’s all. All of us here know the price to quality is just not there despite their flashy promo pics that have wowed casual buyers. This is a figure that should only be purchased at a discount.

No judgement from me either. I do hope they do better with this figure for the people who want it, because many do.

It’s ultimately just sad how badly they’ve fumbled this line. Could’ve been a real success story.
Thanks, I totally get it, the other figures they totally dropped the ball… But maybe they made improvements to Cad Bane, probably not but if it looks anything like the prototype then I’d be happy.

I really did like the mythos Fett despite that awful body, I was able to get him posed on the stand pretty good. I kinda miss him sometimes. Anyways hopefully Cad Bane is different 🤞

It is pretty pricey, I had to use points to make it hurt less.

I'm glad it failed.

I'm broke enough as it is, going all in on a successful TCW line would of put me into credit card debt.

I think he looks great and will be preordering. People have had issues with SS figures, sure... but I personally haven't. The horror stuff, the Clint Eastwood line, Lando Skiff... I have all those and love them. So Cad Bane is an easy preorder for me.

I will say though that I wish they had done the McQuarrie concept line instead of CW. That would have been a homerun.

lol guess “I’m low IQ” for ordering. At least I’m consistent, where are all the people who were crying when they thought it was canceled?

I’m here, and- as Lizard Lips said- I’m strongly against POing at that outrageous price for what we all know will be a barely passable figure after production.

I want this version of Cad Bane quite a lot but also want to receive quality reflective of the amount I paid for it.

To add another layer of context because I know the privilege of living in the US with easy access to Sideshow’s own products is invisible to those who have it- the full price for this in the U.K. is £319.99
That’s just under $400 usd- for a sideshow figure!!

I’m here, and- as Lizard Lips said- I’m strongly against POing at that outrageous price for what we all know will be a barely passable figure after production.

I want this version of Cad Bane quite a lot but also want to receive quality reflective of the amount I paid for it.

To add another layer of context because I know the privilege of living in the US with easy access to Sideshow’s own products is invisible to those who have it- the full price for this in the U.K. is £319.99
That’s just under $400 usd- for a sideshow figure!!
Yep, importing figures to the UK from the US is so expensive now, $400 for a Hot Toys is a shock to the system nevermind a Sideshow figure.

1696083208719.jpeg

I really like TCW style but went with the HT cause it came out first and I know HT will have the quality I want when I lay down my money. Not happy about the price on this but I won’t be doubling up on the figure anyway. That being said if it was cheaper I might have been tempted to double up but space is limited so that’s a double no go. It does look really good.

Crap, if they produce that robo-leg Maul, I'm going to have to buy my first and only Sideshow figure, even though he'll clash with all the more realistic HT.

Back