RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hunted - 10/10 - One of the stupidest films ever made, but man do I enjoy it. So bad, but entertaining. :lol The fugitive + Firt Blood = The Hunted.

"Did you see the scopes they were using? They weren't hunters, LT. They were sweepers." :LOL:

Last edited:
Batman Begins - 7.5/10 - First two acts are perfect. Final act hurts
The Dark Knight - 10/10 - Still perfect
The Dark Knight Rises - 6/10 - Its a bit of a mess and the series deserves better but enjoyable overall.
The Dark Knight Rises is such a difficult watch upon revisits. I was so bored in segments and others doze off. It's not a bad movie.

A Quiet Place 2 - I don't watch trailer so every scene and "sound bite" I watch for the first time watching the movie. Curious if there is a Movie Critic out there that reviews a movie without doing trailer reviews, shot by shot trailer reviews etc. How can you critique a movie when you already have a basic understanding of the look and basic premise of story. Who laughs at a joke the second time. Loses the impact. For me its hard to rate a movie the first time. It may require a second viewing. Anyways I give this a 7/8 out of 10. Not a fan of the alien design. I feel we have seen the basic look so many times already.

The Mummy (1999) - 7/10
Definitely a fun watch. I hadn't seen it in years and it aged better than I thought it would. The story is fine, acting as well and I have to say the effects held up pretty good actually. Of course you can see that they are 20 year old effects, but the mix of them with the actual actors and also some real practical effects was definitely the right way to go. It also helps that the film doesn't take itself too seriously. Seeing this I always wonder why Brandon Fraser didn't become a real a-lister (at least for a while).

The Mummy Returns - 6/10
The funny thing is, when I was younger this was my favourite. I loved the Anubis warriors, the airship, the massive Medjay army going to war, the huge secret oasis and the scope of it all. But now I think those were the exact things they took too far. That and the silly plot device where some of the main characters suddenly were reincarnated Egyptian warrior ninjas or suddenly appeared to be holy protector/warriors.
I would have been fine with just the Anck-Su-Namun woman being reincarnated and have a knowledge of the past. Rick and Evy just should've happened to come across the Scorpion King's bracelett and be dragged into the adventure that way. It would be a better explanation if Evy had some fight training from Rick during the years between the films, than suddenly become an expert warrior because it happens to be the right year and she has dreams and visions... The kid was redundant. Jonathan could've put on the bracelett and he would become the macguffin. Would suit his character as well, seeing he's always into treasure and stuff. The airship should've been a regular boat. They were pretty much always flying over water anyway. I still loved the Anubis warriors but they're intimidation came in numbers. They should've had around 6 or 7 of them, but be very lethal and hard to kill. That would also be reason to cut down the Medjay army significantly because it was just too big of an army for a group of secret protectors. Then finally... the Scorpion King... yeah. They really took a step backwards in visual effects there. Was it too difficult to just film The Rock doing the scenes and copy-paste his torso on the creature? The creature half looked fine. They did mixed effects for the first one, so why not here?
Anyway, it despite it's flaws I still liked it, but I think a lot of it has to do with nostalgia as well.

@The Entity
For some reason I've only seen The Mummy from that trilogy. It's a fun film that doesn't take itself too seriously but uses that to it's strength. Will have to give it a watch again, the early 00's were probably when I last saw it.

Black Widow - 6.5/10

Surprisingly I enjoyed the film. Didn't know what to expect and ended up liking the film. Not as bad as some make it out to be - just a case of wrong place, wrong time for it's release.

Black Widow - 6.5/10

Surprisingly I enjoyed the film. Didn't know what to expect and ended up liking the film. Not as bad as some make it out to be - just a case of wrong place, wrong time for it's release.

I really enjoyed it as well. I wasn't too affected by the whole Taskmaster thing because I don't really know the character a lot besides from the Spider-Man game on the PS4. In a MCU that's now full of time-travelling, multi-verses and magic I found this one to be refreshing in being a bit more grounded in reality. It reminded me of the earlier MCU movies, where an Iron Man suit was an actual suit instead of nanotech sliding over Tony's body.

I agree that the release is too late. This should've been made right after Civil War.

I really enjoyed it as well. I wasn't too affected by the whole Taskmaster thing because I don't really know the character a lot besides from the Spider-Man game on the PS4. In a MCU that's now full of time-travelling, multi-verses and magic I found this one to be refreshing in being a bit more grounded in reality. It reminded me of the earlier MCU movies, where an Iron Man suit was an actual suit instead of nanotech sliding over Tony's body.

I agree that the release is too late. This should've been made right after Civil War.
Yeah although I wasn't a fan of Civil War so probably would have swerved a Black Widow film straight after. :lol

Birdman: 10/10

I originally would've given this a 9/10 because the ambiguous ending seemed like a bit of a cop out in terms of trying to avoid leaving the audience with a depressing takeaway. I was wrong, and was too married to my interpretation of what would've been the "true" ending. But actually, a more uplifting resolution *does* have enough of a credible basis as well.

The faux long-take structure made this film intriguing. The screenplay made it compelling. And the acting made it outstanding. With an ending that can resolve the character arc in equally credible ways, I think the film is ultimately flawless. One of the very few.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - 4.5/10
After watching the other two I figured I might watch this one again as well. It starts fairly entertaining but after the second act it just goes crazy. The thing that bothered me the most was that some characters completely changed from the previous two. Rick has turned into a grumpy man with basically none of his charm and humor. Have to say it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would that Evy was recast. Maria Bello did a pretty good job, but again the character has changed. Instead of an intelligent Egyptologist/archeologist we get a bubbly novelist with writer's block. It also turns out they were spies in WWII... So yeah. The next time I'm gonna rewatch them I'll stick to the first two.

The Tomorrow War - 8.5/10
I was really pleasantly surprised with this one. It really was an awesome film. I loved the creature designs. Those things were brutal. The story was pretty good and the film kept me on the edge of the seat a number of times. Some very good acting from Chris Pratt at times and Yvonne Strahovski was great as well. Sometimes the comedic timing wasn't the best because the film overall had quite a serious tone, but that didn't bother me too much. All in all a very good watch!

The Tomorrow War - 8.5/10
I was really pleasantly surprised with this one. It really was an awesome film. I loved the creature designs. Those things were brutal. The story was pretty good and the film kept me on the edge of the seat a number of times. Some very good acting from Chris Pratt at times and Yvonne Strahovski was great as well. Sometimes the comedic timing wasn't the best because the film overall had quite a serious tone, but that didn't bother me too much. All in all a very good watch!
I had a fun time watching it. Pretty good sci-fi film!

The Hobbit 1 - 8/10

The Hobbit 2 - 9/10

The Hobbit 3 - 10/10

Never read the books but very enjoyable well made films.
While I might not rate them that high, I do think they are very enjoyable films as well. I don't think all the hate they're getting is justified. I have read the book last year and it could've been translated to one or two films, but I really have no problem that they made a trilogy out of it and expanded Middle Earth a bit. The first one is my favourite, but there are some great parts in the other two as well. Martin Freeman did a great job as Bilbo.

Spiral (Book of Saw) - 6/10. Overall it was good. I enjoyed it more than some of the past films. I like the Seven vibes it was trying to create (nothing will ever beat Seven so probably unfair to compare). The traps were decent - more in-line with the first film where you discover the aftermath when the Police discover the victim.

Tomorrow War. 5/10

It was alright. Kept thinking I was seeing parts of other movies and Chris Pratt like Jason Mamoa is good at playing Chris Pratt.

Back