Count Down to Avengers Endgame: Watching and rating all the Marvel movies (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My score for AEG:

L5DxDXR.jpg

;)

So My final rankings.

The Best of the Best

The Avengers
Captain America: Civil War
Avengers: Infinity War
Captain America: The Winter Soldier

The Great

The Incredible Hulk
Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Man
Avengers: Endgame
Captain America: The First Avenger
Ant-Man

The Very Good

Blake Panther
Spider-man: Homecoming
Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2
Thor

The OK

Ant-Man and the Wasp
Thor: Ragnarok

The pretty Bad but still not awful

Captain Marvel
Iron Man 3
Dr. Strange
Iron Man 2
Thor: The Dark World

The only Bad.

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Ya know going through these and ranking them forces me to think back on them again.. Doing so I feel depressed.. Two reasons for those feelings.. 1. That Endgame was not better for me and 2. That really its all over. At least for the Core team.

Pretty much right there with you, except I would remove Civil War and place Guardians vol 1 there.

Also, I would give IW a 10...

I'll take it! ;)

I wrote this in the other thread.... This would have moved it all time Marvel I think....

"I like a bit more SuperHeroing in my Superhero movie.

I timed it and it takes 2 hours and 15 min to get to the 3 on 1 battle with Thanos. From there to Tony's death is 20 min. and then a 20 min epiloge. Our heros overall.. They just dont get to do enough cool stuff.

What would I change to remedy that? Two things.

1. HAve more fun with the NY scene. Have the characters have to participate a bit more in the battle if NY. Have future cap fighting alongside past BW and have her notice something is off.. Have Antman somehow fighting alongside Hulk or just have the future Heros have to be part of the battle in some way.. It just would have made a nice action moment in a movie that is actually lacking some superhero action.

2. I know Khev wont agree but.... After Thor talks to his mom figure out a way to go with the original script and have Future Thor run into past thor and have them throw down.. It would have been much more interesting and funny.. With young Thor making fun of Fat Thor. Both could be fighting over the possession of the Hammer.. Just much more intersting.

In fact have any of the other big name Avengers fight and it would have been visual interesting and more fun.

I am not saying the cap scene was bad.. It just was.. well.. OK.. "

20 mins of battle? That's it?

GoT had 1.5 hours of non-stop battle to kill the Night King.... on TV.

2nd viewing looking more iffy...

I timed it..

From the point of Thanos putting on his Helmet to Starks Death.. 20 min.

All the Avengers movies have more then that in their final battles. Of course this battle was far more interesting then AOU...

I was going to count from when Thanos bomber the Avengers Headquarters but there is a big chunk of nothing really happening right after that.. SO I went with the Thanos putting on his Helmet.. If you want to count the bombing... its 25 min.

Yeah NY would have been an easy opportunity for more superhero action.

I just saw that they had actually shot an entirely different scene on Vormir that would have added more action. Originally they had Thanos go to Vormir to get the Soul Stone once he learned of its whereabouts from Nebula's memory (hence her frantic broadcast to HE and BW that "he knows!") and when he arrives he begins fighting HE and BW until she finally throws herself off the cliff. Sounds like they decided to reshoot it because they felt that just too much crap was going on in that scene and that it had more weight if it was just her and Clint fighting to see who dies. But it would have added some more "superhero action" as you say.

Yeah NY would have been an easy opportunity for more superhero action.

I just saw that they had actually shot an entirely different scene on Vormir that would have added more action. Originally they had Thanos go to Vormir to get the Soul Stone once he learned of its whereabouts from Nebula's memory (hence her frantic broadcast to HE and BW that "he knows!") and when he arrives he begins fighting HE and BW until she finally throws herself off the cliff. Sounds like they decided to reshoot it because they felt that just too much crap was going on in that scene and that it had more weight if it was just her and Clint fighting to see who dies. But it would have added some more "superhero action" as you say.

It was really a missed opportunity IMO.. And such an obvious idea.. Would have helped break up the movie a bit for some Heroic fun for sure..

Probably could have helped me do a lot less Hulk complaining also. :lol

Back