Predator Remake! Yes, I said Remake.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i support it. but here we go again hollywood and it's directors have no idea's or fresh idea's. remake is a remake even if it's a new retelling of the story.
lmao...what's next peter jackson doing the starwars trilogy ...

There will be no commandos in the jungle...and there will be more then one Predator...so NOT A REMAKE!

sigh. another remake/reimagining/reboot.

to quote the star wars movies:

"i have a bad feeling about this."

I can't wait for that. Or atleast redo the ^^^^ty PT.

Hell....i'd like to see some MORE Star Wars movies that isnt about Jedi's and crap. I want to see the universe.

I like RR's stuff, very unique style in his movies.

I believe Troublemaker will make a Pred movie far superior to the last two. Just don't know how that RR style will fit in with a serious Sci-Fi IP, but I'd be interested to see what they do with it.

I can't wait for that. Or atleast redo the ^^^^ty PT.

Hell....i'd like to see some MORE Star Wars movies that isnt about Jedi's and crap. I want to see the universe.

You're likely to get that in the live action series! Thats how they are describing it.

Um...Predator isn't serious....like...at all. :lol

If I recall the only comic relief was that dude telling jokes about his girl friend to Billy.... The rest was "serious", if you see what I mean.

Then think back to From dusk 'till dawn, Planet terror etc. Savvy?:rolleyes:

You should save that quote for the day 20 years later when a Star Wars reboot is announced.

funny u should say that.

i was just daydreaming recently, about one fine day 10 to 20 years in the future when george is dead and gone, and the star wars property is revived by a young film maker with the fire, the skills and the ideas to REALLY do justice to a star wars reboot. i would LOVE to see that, even if i'm on my deathbed by then. :D

of course this is wishful thinking, cos lucas said he'd never allow anyone to take over even after he's gone. he'd prob go so far as to draft some kinda legal clause that forbids "outsiders" from messing with his beloved cash-grabbing scheme.

but i digress.

i'm still worried abt this whole "predators" malarkey. sure, hollywood could've done far worse than rodriguez (uwe boll! m. night shymalan! michael bay!).

but the director of the godawful spy kids series doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence either. i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt like i have with mcG.

but i'm just generally tired of hollywood screwing with great sci-fi properties. and yes, to me the predator is one of the greatest creations in sci-fi. hate to see it get crapped on any more than it already has.

sigh....

I dont know, this "remake" might be crap. I never understood the dread that exists when a reboot is announced though.

First of all, re-makes/reboots are nothing new! Practically half the movies made in the 70s and 80s were re-makes of 30s to 50s films.

Second, unless they take every copy of the original movie ever made and tape the new movie over the old...what does it matter?

Those of you that are upset by this news are fans of the original. That means you will almost definately see the new movie so that you can say how terrible it is. Which means hollywood gets you're money and will continue to do the same thing until such a time as its not profitable.

On top of that, this movie will not change the original in the least. The reputation of the property as a whole is dependant on the fanbase that exists for any and all movies in the series. Those of us that enjoy the original will be fans of the original regardless of the success of this new movie. Its also possible the movie is good and brings in a new fan base, OR the movie is terrible, so a younger generation checks out the original Predator movie to see what its all about and they become fans. SO, there is only possibility for increased popularity!

why would they ever remake that movie? It's not like the storyline can be told in a new way (without it being a different predator movie instead of a remake). Nor were the effects of a nature that it needs to be redone.

why would they ever remake that movie? It's not like the storyline can be told in a new way (without it being a different predator movie instead of a remake). Nor were the effects of a nature that it needs to be redone.

They are not remaking the movie...it is in fact a reboot. It is called PredatorS and does not take place in the jungle.

If I recall the only comic relief was that dude telling jokes about his girl friend to Billy.... The rest was "serious", if you see what I mean.

Um.....the movie is 100 % pure 80's cheese....it's not serious at all. It's fun.

JUST LIKE FDTD AND PT! 80's cheese! He's perfect!

I understand what you mean , they are alot more like comdeys than predator is ( no matter how awesome they are ) with added humour alot more often but I think with such an experienced director he wouldn't go that far with the predator franchise.

Um.....the movie is 100 % pure 80's cheese....it's not serious at all. It's fun.

I do think hes a very good choice too. :cool:

Heres hoping anyway...

You just compared Predator to grindhouse. Where's the hand slapping the forehead image when I need it?:banghead

That is ridiculous. FDTD and PT spoof 80's conventional cult films. You must have missed the 80's. Outside of the start of the movie, Predator is great at hiding its age - nothing like the aforementioned films.

You just compared Predator to grindhouse. Where's the hand slapping the forehead image when I need it?:banghead

That is ridiculous. FDTD and PT spoof 80's conventional cult films. You must have missed the 80's. Outside of the start of the movie, Predator is great at hiding its age - nothing like the aforementioned films.

No....it has cheesy one liners, greased up muscled men, big guns, over the top action.

Predator is a great movie, but it isnt the masterpiece of all cinema. It's great because it takes a fimiler plot, and changes it up.

No....it has cheesy one liners, greased up muscled men, big guns, over the top action.

And the movie completely deconstructed those 80's stereo types by the end of it. Did you miss that? As the film moves forward, those macho 1 liner tough guys get picked off, brutally, and the whole stereo type facade begins to slip off their faces. They're completely scared out of their boots by the end of it, nothing like the one-lining oily muscle men from the start who think they're the A-team going into a jungle to easily finish off some mission. A big part of the movie was taking that tough guy attitude who believe they are the predators, and making them prey.

Did you even watch this movie?

Back