Robert Rodriguez to do a new Predator reboot...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuzeh

Machete Don't Tweet!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
It's been rumored that RR wanted to do a Pred movie,
but I think this is the first time he talks about it clearly...
But with so many projects, I doubt we'll see it soon...
This should be interesting if it happens...

Fox, Rodriguez Rebooting Predator Series
Source: IESB April 23, 2009

Robert Rodriguez and 20th Century Fox are giving Predator a facelift in a new film entitled Predators. First reported by Bloody-Disgusting in January, the official announcement came today via a news conference today at the Texas-based Troublemaker Studios where Rodriguez was on hand for the signing of a new state film incentive.

"I'm going to be able to shoot my upcoming 'Machete' here, a sci-fi action film called 'Nerverackers,' a re-boot of the 'Predator' series called 'Predators,' and a couple of smaller movies called 'Sin City 2' and 'The Jetsons,'" he told the press.

If you recall, Rodriguez penned a Predator 3 script some time ago that was discarded because it was "too big."

Potential for awesome... I juts hope it's not a "wipe the slate clean" reboot, but rather a new (but good) self-contained story

MACHETE!!!!! :rock :rock :rock

love RR ... the Pred franchise will instantly become cool as ^^^^ again

couple of smaller movies like Sin City 2 :lol

Looking forward to all of these! Sounds like he'll be busy for the next fear years, much like Del Toro

i dont feel a reboot has any chance of being better than the original, either just as good or worse unless they completely change the p1 for a different pred design alltogether :monkey1 id still watch it anyways though

Is RR directing it though or just writing/producing? Although I love the idea of an A list director diecting it, I dont think RR's style would suit a Pred film.

Well it seems there would be more than one Predator.

Isn't that what was said before?

Huh....well HT must be happy because it'd secures the Predator licenses to continue. I wonder if he'll try to redesign the look of the Predators themselves....

Back