Predator Remake! Yes, I said Remake.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bidge1000

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just been over on the Bluray.com forums and learnt some sad news, apparently Hollywood is so starved of new ideas that they are now remaking everything including Predator which didn't need a remake.

Here's the juice.....

This past January we reported exclusively that Robert Rodriguez's Troublemaker Studios was behind a Predator reboot tentatively titled Predators. Here's the synopsis we provided, "In the reboot a team of commandoes face down a mysterious race of vicious monsters." This afternoon our friends at IESB confirmed our news while adding something big, "IESB has also confirmed it will be Rodriguez' own take on the original concept and he is in fact not only producing the reboot, he's also directing it."

Shall we start up a new forum thread here where we can put down original movie ideas because it seems the suits in Hollyweird have all gone a bit meh.... whatever!

D:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What ever comes of this will only suck imo. Lame choice of filmmaker, its like asking John Hughes to direct the next Halloween film. :rolleyes:

i don't think it is a lack of ideas, it is a lack of wanting to invest (gamble) in new ideas...

It doesn't sound like it's a remake though. The original had only one, and this one sounds like it will have many..

Still, I don't know why they made more than one film in the first place. The first was pretty much perfect.

pretty funny/
2 threads on this. 1 is mostly positive and this one is mostly negative :lol

Which is wierd because seriously people.....this guy will make the Predators actually imposing again. Not heroes, not dumbasses, but full on evil villains from outter space.

ooooo no Robert Rodriguez's films ther ok but still why not make P3 why must they ^^^^^** up everything OMG somebody should shoot this people :banghead

It's like watching an Aliens remake. who wants to see that? Predator just cannot be remade. Dumb people I swear! here's an idea, how about making a 3rd Predator and do a sequel if anything!!! this is just dumb.

Which is wierd because seriously people.....this guy will make the Predators actually imposing again. Not heroes, not dumbasses, but full on evil villains from outter space.

lol, Dude Predators arent supposed to be evil Villians from outer space. They are hunters. To them we are like deer. In fact, if Im not mistaken they won't kill a person that isnt armed or can't fight back. Which means they are a hell of a lot more honorable then humans!

It's like watching an Aliens remake. who wants to see that? Predator just cannot be remade. Dumb people I swear! here's an idea, how about making a 3rd Predator and do a sequel if anything!!! this is just dumb.

What if you think of predators like werewolves or vampires. Just another horror (or in this case sci-fi/horror) creature to be molded into something different for each movie? So that predators are conceptual creatures as opposed to set in stone creations of a single film.

NOOOO-1.jpg

I like Rodriguez, but I'm not sure that his style will fit well with Predator, as I think about it. Will probably be way over the top, with "cool"/cheesy dialogue, etc.

I'm sure it will be 1000000000000X better than the crap of the AVP franchise, though.

They will green light this stupid remake but won't release Trick R Treat. What the hell are the studio execs thinking?

Back