Machete Kills! October 11th 2013!! NEW TRAILER!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuzeh

Machete Don't Tweet!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hell's yeah!!:rock!!!

machete-kills-REELZ-2.jpeg

https://screenrant.com/robert-rodriguez-machete-kills-sequel-sandy-149945/

https://screenrant.com/sin-city-2-machete-kills-robert-rodriguez-sandy-159175/

Machete’ Sequel Will Be Robert Rodriguez’ Next Project

A sequel to ‘Machete’ (rather than ‘Sin City 2′) looks to be Robert Rodriguez’ next directorial effort, with Danny Trejo reprising his role as the eponymous Mexican.

Those of you who were pleased to hear that Robert Rodriguez was finally preparing to begin work on Sin City 2… well, it turns out the Texan filmmaker’s attention has shifted elsewhere, yet again.

Rodriguez is instead moving ahead next with Machete Kills, a sequel to his 2010 feature-length adaptation of the popular Grindhouse faux trailer, Machete. Production on the pulpy flick is expected to get underway by April 2012, with Danny Trejo currently in talks to reprise his role as the titular deadly ex-Federale. Most of the surviving cast members from the first film are likewise expected to return in the Machete followup.

At the 2011 Comic-Con, Rodriguez revealed that two sequels to Machete – titled Machete Kills and Machete Kills Again in Space (no joke) – had already been greenlit, so this announcement isn’t entirely unexpected. Still, with word circulating last fall that Oscar-winner William Monahan was putting the final touches on the shooting script for a Sin City sequel, the latter appeared more likely to happen next. C’est la vie, we guess…
Deadline has confirmed that financing is already in place for Machete Kills, which is based on a story idea co-developed by R. Rodriguez and his brother/frequent producer, Marcel. The screenplay is being penned by up-and-comer Kyle Ward, who’s also worked on the scripts for the in-limbo Kane & Lynch video game adaptation, along with the impending Arabian Nights project that has Dwayne Johnson and Liam Hemsworth attached to star.

R. Rodriguez previously claimed that the trailer for the third Machete flick will be attached to Machete Kills… and will feature Trejo’s alter ego wielding a lightsaber-esque version of his trademark weapon (again, no joke) as he goes up against a diabolical villain, who’s developing a world-devestating space arsenal.

So, for those of you who were wondering how Rodriguez could possibly top the sheer ridiculousness of the first Machete movie… well, there you go.

Danny Trejo is expected to return in 'Machete Kills'

Here is how Deadline describes the plot of Machete Kills:

The new film finds Machete recruited by the U.S. Government for a mission which would be impossible for any mortal man. Machete must battle his way through Mexico to take down a madman cartel leader and an eccentric billionaire arms dealer who has hatched a plan to spread war across the planet with a weapon in space. Machete takes on an army in an effort to dismantle a plan for global anarchy.

It sounds as though Machete Kills and Machete Kills Again in Space are essentially going to be two halves of a single narrative, similar to both the Matrix and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo sequels. Don’t be surprised if news about Rodriguez shooting the films back-to-back leaks out in the future – partly for that reason, but also because such an approach would be in keeping with the director’s ”lean and clean” independent moviemaking style.

More than that, Rodriguez is really going all-out on embracing the over-the-top, tongue firmly in cheek nature of Machete‘s B-movie predecessors with these sequels, delving even further into the realm of intentional self-parody, as classic exploitation cinema tended to do.

Machete Kills also appears set to drop many of the political overtones – or, rather, the “Mexploitation” angle, if you will – of the original film. Seeing how many moviegoers felt that the attempts at social commentary in the original Machete were not only distracting, but also as hammy and ludicrous as… well, the movie itself, this news should go over well enough.

-

We will keep you updated on the status of Machete Kills as more information is released.

Source: Deadline

Robert Rodriguez To Shoot Both ‘Sin City 2′ & ‘Machete’ Sequel This Year

Tags: Machete, Machete Kills, Sin City 2
According to filmmaker Robert Rodriguez, he will film ‘Machete Kills’ this spring – then begin production on the long-awaited ‘Sin City 2′ in the summer.

Texas-based independent filmmaker Robert Rodriguez (naturally) showed up at the South by Southwest (SXSW) 2012 Film Festival, where – in addition to performing a handful of tunes from the original soundtracks for his films like Desperado, From Dusk Till Dawn, and Machete – he revealed that he is launching a new animation company called Quickdraw Animation, which will specialize in CG-animated fare, ranging from family-friendly flicks to a long-planned Heavy Metal movie.

However, the “big” news (as far as many Rodriguez fans are concerned) that the filmmaker had to offer is that he intends to begin shooting the long-delayed Sin City 2 later this year, after completing production on the sequel, Machete Kills.

When word got out earlier this year that Rodriguez’ next directorial effort is going to be a Machete sequel, many a Sin City fan was left grumbling – understandably so, seeing how (back in late Summer 2011) those same people started once again getting excited about a return trip to Basin City, thanks to the news that Oscar-winner William Monahan (The Departed) is lending a helping hand to Rodriguez and Frank Miller on the Sin City 2 screenplay.
Miller previously indicated that the Sin City sequel – which he’s said will feature some original content but will otherwise largely be based on his graphic novel “A Dame to Kill For”- was on schedule to begin production in Spring 2012. When word got out that Machete Kills will begin filming at that time, it seemed to indicate that a new Sin City flick was being set on the back-burner.

According to Risk Business‘ report on Rodriguez’ SXSW appearance, that isn’t entirely the case, after all. Machete Kills is still going to start production this April, but Rodriguez intends to turn his attention towards beginning principal photography on Sin City 2 (pretty much) immediately thereafter.

The Machete sequel should be much more of a down n’ dirty filming experience, seeing how the movie (like its predecessor) will aim to recreate the unvarnished, low-budget look and feel of old-fashioned grindhouse fare. By comparison, Sin City 2 (like its predecessor) will be shot entirely on sound stages and require lots of post-production work in order to replicate the stylized black-and-white Noir aesthetic of Miller’s original comic book(s).

That’s all to say: Rodriguez’ production plans seem feasible enough, seeing how the new Machete and Sin City franchise installments will be very different beasts to make. After all, Peter Jackson is already set for a similar shooting schedule this year, seeing how he’ll finish production on The Hobbit early this summer, before moving onto a “performance-capture shoot” for the Adventures of Tintin sequel right afterwards – and Rodriguez is arguably just as efficient a moviemaker than Jackson (if not more so).

As to whether both Machete Kills and Sin City 2 will ultimately benefit from Rodriguez striking while the iron is hot (so to speak) and making them in quick succession – or end up feeling rushed and rough around the edges for it – that remains to be seen. But, hey, at least Rodriguez isn’t making another Spy Kids movie, right?

Last edited:
Re: Machete Kills starts filming this year!!

Really? A sequel to what has to be one of the worst movies ever made. I rented this on PPV for like $3 and it wasn't even worth that. Maybe that means we will get sequels for Green Lantern and John Carter then.

Really? A sequel to what has to be one of the worst movies ever made. I rented this on PPV for like $3 and it wasn't even worth that. Maybe that means we will get sequels for Green Lantern and John Carter then.

Maybe they'll give you $3 to rent this one, then :lol

How old is he now? Will he be using a walker as a weapon in this one?

Wow, Josh... really? I am surprised... Worst movie ever made?
There is another that has that indisputable title, and I shall not name it! :D

:peace

How old is he now? Will he be using a walker as a weapon in this one?

He's 67 and he still can kick your ass... :lol

I'm in, can't wait! I love all the raunchiness that came with the fist offering of Machete especially seeing Steven Seagal again in any form I don't care if he's fat he was pretty funny. Really enjoy how he gets these actors to be invoved in such crazy projects.

Wow, Josh... really? I am surprised... Worst movie ever made?
There is another that has that indisputable title, and I shall not name it! :D

:peacel

Its really really bad. Borderline pure crap to be truthfully honest. These guys must have lost a bet to someone to be having to make a sequel.

I can only think of one film or series of films that you rag on all the time. So you'll have to name names if its not that.

:lol The plot for 2 and 3 are so ridiculous and its awesome! Loved Machete and Im sure i will enjoy 2 and 3 also. Its just a good cheesy popcorn flick with one of the most badass actors of all time! Cant Wait!

Really? A sequel to what has to be one of the worst movies ever made.

Worst film ever made? What was so bad about it? I went in with the mindset that it was silly, ridiculous, violent action with sex and humor which is exactly what it was. I enjoyed it.

If this is anything like the first one I'm definitely going to see it.

Machete ruled... therefore sequels will rule even more :huh

Best part is when he tore out that guys intestines and flew out the window to the floor below at the hospital! LOL'd so hard

Worst film ever made? What was so bad about it? I went in with the mindset that it was silly, ridiculous, violent action with sex and humor which is exactly what it was. I enjoyed it.

If this is anything like the first one I'm definitely going to see it.

I'm sure there are worse. I was being a bit sarcastic of course. However, it really was one of the crappiest films I've ever seen. Like I said I paid $3 to see it and it wasn't worth that. I had very low low expectations for it and it was lower than those. The only thing it had going for it was Lindsay Lohan's boobies. :lol Other than that nothing at all. I don't want to poop all over this thread and be one of those members that keeps doing that to something people enjoy. So I'm out. :duff :peace

Bull____ ^

The movie became the greatest once Machete used someone's intestines as a rope. FACT.

This series will destroy Star Wars. :lol It will become the greatest trilogy known to human kind!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rop8CTe2Udc&feature=related[/ame]

:rock

yeah this movie was pretty awesome,

why do you hate it because it was a movie about mexicans? illegals?

Back