Robert Rodriguez to do a new Predator reboot...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I think all the Predator movies were sub-par, with some being worse than that. None of them were particularly good.

The Predator character is cool and all, but do you think half the people who went to see the flick back then would have given a rat's ass if they hadn't known Arnold was in it?

Predator is awesome...and its beauty comes from the cheese. I still dont like the first half much....

Actually, I think all the Predator movies were sub-par, with some being worse than that. None of them were particularly good.

The Predator character is cool and all, but do you think half the people who went to see the flick back then would have given a rat's ass if they hadn't known Arnold was in it?

The answer is no. I'm only a fan of the movie for two reasons, a) I was an Arnold fan as a young kid and b) I love everything about Stan Winston's work.

Thats about it.

Same could be said about EVERY Arnie movie though. Imagine if Terminator would have starred Lance Henrikson instead of Arnold.

The answer is no. I'm only a fan of the movie for two reasons, a) I was an Arnold fan as a young kid and b) I love everything about Stan Winston's work.

Thats about it.

Thats how I was too!

'Cept I didnt know Stan till AFTER Predator....in which I was shocked when he created everything I loved...(Well....not the Alien...but he played his part in making the Queen)

Same could be said about EVERY Arnie movie though. Imagine if Terminator would have starred Lance Henrikson instead of Arnold.

I can't imagine that. If Lance had been cast as the Terminator, he probably wouldn't have been Bishop in Aliens.

Arnie would have still starred in Junior and Jingle All the Way, though.

I can't imagine that. If Lance had been cast as the Terminator, he probably wouldn't have been Bishop in Aliens.

Arnie would have still starred in Junior and Jingle All the Way, though.

I was cracking up when I seen the original sketches James Cameron did of Lance as the Terminator. Would've been weird.

Celtic P said:
That was the movie that made him famous...so, it wouldnt have mattered.

Actually that's a misconception: Arnold was already famous. Not only from body building + the film "Pumping Iron" but specifically from "Conan The Barbarian" which is the film generally recognized as his "breakout" performance.

Thats what it is. A reboot is just a new start on the series. Which basicly means, it doesnt have to be a direct sequel to Predator 2, or AvP-R. Which i'm perfectly OK with.

I'm kinda on the fence when it comes to Rodriguez. His movies look great, but the storyline is always a bit blah. I have no doubt that he can make an awesome looking movie, but I'd like a good storyline to go with my eyecandy.

Eric

I'm kinda on the fence when it comes to Rodriguez. His movies look great, but the storyline is always a bit blah. I have no doubt that he can make an awesome looking movie, but I'd like a good storyline to go with my eyecandy.

Eric

The Preddie story lines are pretty straight forward, hunt & kill on both sides. I can't see anyone putting any drama into it, maybe Preddie falls in love with his victims dog:lol I know what you mean though, I'd like to know more about the origins & history of the Predators & their planet but I wouldn't want it to effect the hunting & killing part.

Amazing news. Love Rodriguez. Not one of his films have disappointed. Machete for the win! Plus Im a Predator fan (raised on those and Wolverine comics as a child- blame dad) so to see the series return to form after those godawful VS films will be amazing.

I like Rodriguez also. So as long as it's a sequel and not a remake or reboot I'm fine with that. Can't wait to see it. Hopefully it'll be better than the AVP's and will do better at the box office also.

LOL I mean the original is a classic today. Straight up mindless action flick with cheesy one liners and all, but it's not really that good of a movie to begin with.

That's BS it is a great movie in it's genre, containing innovative camerawork and great suspenseful direction. I don't think it's cheesy and mindless it's just a comic-book style movie, it reminds me a bit of Frazetta. It's also a very honest movie, it doesn't pretend to be anything other than it is; Survival of the fittest translated in a pulp story with pure craftmanship, great movie.

If you say that then you would not of known about Elder or the LOST Hunters :)

That's true, it was a cool part. But I could live without it. It was just 1 minute of the film.

I think Predator is a masterpiece from its score to its camera work to its basic idea and execution. But Predator 2 failed on what made the first one brilliant. Predator's concept excelled taking place in a hot, claustrophobic, jungle setting and just put an amazing explanation mark on the end of its predator vs prey, flight or fight basis - it really hit home with audiences on an instinctive level. Taking that basis and putting it into a detective mystery movie was a massive mistake.

Back