PREDATOR 1 Remake???!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I was so excited when I saw that trailer....its actually a pretty horrible Trailer. But the violence.....:drools

But the worst part was THAT WAS ALL the gore scenes in the movie.....every single one. How horrible.

Its pretty sad that we needed to see gore so bad in the first place. The first avp should of been loaded with gore. :D:D:banana

:lecture:lecture:lecture

It feels better to let it out doesn't it slug. :monkey2:monkey2

it does actually :lol

it just ticks me off how this film ever got out into the cinema, it dosent take a genious to see how awful this film was, even the guys at fox probably coulde see it :dunno its like they new it was ^^^^ but spent alot of money on it so decided to release it anyway, which really woudnt surprise me.

blah i feel like celticp, but it feels good to have a nerd rant once in a while :duff

blah i feel like celticp, but it feels good to have a nerd rant once in a while :duff

large_nerds.jpg

:rock:rock:rock:rock

:rotfl

it does actually :lol

it just ticks me off how this film ever got out into the cinema, it dosent take a genious to see how awful this film was, even the guys at fox probably coulde see it :dunno its like they new it was ^^^^ but spent alot of money on it so decided to release it anyway, which really woudnt surprise me.

Thats why I do it all the time. :rotfl

i know i shouldnt really care so much, at the end of the day its just a film, the monsters arent real. but ive invested alot of time in these films, been watching them since i was a kid. screw certificate 18 , im from a ghetto family :lol, slap on aliens in the vhs after school with a few buddies :lol:lol sorted (taped off the tv of course) :cool: i loved it. i love all 4 aliens films and both the predators.

maybe a small love for avp, so small
sigpic14738_15.gif

and now to see what it has become.... a big pile of steaming poop :monkey2:monkey2 makes me a sad panda. the woes of a fan

END RANT :D

I take movies seriously. Its my hobby. Its what I live for. Perhaps that sounds bad, but it makes me happy....::huh

u know what i say? stop trying to up the ante. stop trying to "top" the last movie. more is NOT always more.

one of the very few guys who can pull off the "more is more" credo is james cameron, and u can forget abt him dipping his hands in the predator franchise. he's got bigger, and newer worlds to conquer.

i say, keep the new predator SEQUEL (yes, i still think it should be a damn sequel) to ONE predator, and have him go back to ONLY doing what his entire culture is about: hunting for sport. and give him WORTHY prey. we don't necessarily need a military unit as his targets, just some tough, resourceful badasses.

i've always wondered what it'd be like if we saw a predator hunting big game in africa. literally on safari. only this time, his prey includes the legendary masai tribesmen, who've been known to take down a lion with just a spear and some smarts. maybe even throw in a great white hunter or two. yeah, this would be a period piece, set in the early 1900's. where u can strip the technology away from the humans, and have them rely on their OWN hunting instincts and cunning. sure, it'd be pretty lopsided, but that would create a great opportunity for smartly-written characters, and not cardboard cut-out cannon fodder.

that's my 2cents' worth. and if this premise has been featured in some dark horse comic or fan fic, my apologies. it'll be merely a coincidence. :cool:

AvP atleast looked like a real movie....AvP-R felt like a fan film.
I htink you just about nailed it there...AvP-R was a fan-film (The Strausses were fans 1st, filmmakers 2nd) only with a much bigger budget.

BTW The Brothers Strausse, that's abbreviated to BS, right? Hmmmmmm, BS indeed.

That is a great idea for a story line tyler, I'd pay to watch it!

cheers greyrabbit :cool:
now all i gotta do is write a script, take a plane to hollywood, get it greenlit by fox, and sit back and watch it get re-written 6 times by 15 script doctors, and have it end up being directed by brett ratner. or paul ws anderson. :horror:horror

Never gonna happen.

You'll need to write a ton of scripts, get into the guild...THEN you can send it to Fox...who will ask for a rewrite taking out less violence, and adding more teenagers.

u know what i say? stop trying to up the ante. stop trying to "top" the last movie. more is NOT always more.

one of the very few guys who can pull off the "more is more" credo is james cameron, and u can forget abt him dipping his hands in the predator franchise. he's got bigger, and newer worlds to conquer.

i say, keep the new predator SEQUEL (yes, i still think it should be a damn sequel) to ONE predator, and have him go back to ONLY doing what his entire culture is about: hunting for sport. and give him WORTHY prey. we don't necessarily need a military unit as his targets, just some tough, resourceful badasses.

i've always wondered what it'd be like if we saw a predator hunting big game in africa. literally on safari. only this time, his prey includes the legendary masai tribesmen, who've been known to take down a lion with just a spear and some smarts. maybe even throw in a great white hunter or two. yeah, this would be a period piece, set in the early 1900's. where u can strip the technology away from the humans, and have them rely on their OWN hunting instincts and cunning. sure, it'd be pretty lopsided, but that would create a great opportunity for smartly-written characters, and not cardboard cut-out cannon fodder.

that's my 2cents' worth. and if this premise has been featured in some dark horse comic or fan fic, my apologies. it'll be merely a coincidence. :cool:

dude thats awesome, id love to see that as our next predator movie, forget sequels, just same franchise yo

u know what i say? Stop trying to up the ante. Stop trying to "top" the last movie. More is not always more.

One of the very few guys who can pull off the "more is more" credo is james cameron, and u can forget abt him dipping his hands in the predator franchise. He's got bigger, and newer worlds to conquer.

I say, keep the new predator sequel (yes, i still think it should be a damn sequel) to one predator, and have him go back to only doing what his entire culture is about: Hunting for sport. And give him worthy prey. We don't necessarily need a military unit as his targets, just some tough, resourceful badasses.

I've always wondered what it'd be like if we saw a predator hunting big game in africa. Literally on safari. Only this time, his prey includes the legendary masai tribesmen, who've been known to take down a lion with just a spear and some smarts. Maybe even throw in a great white hunter or two. Yeah, this would be a period piece, set in the early 1900's. Where u can strip the technology away from the humans, and have them rely on their own hunting instincts and cunning. Sure, it'd be pretty lopsided, but that would create a great opportunity for smartly-written characters, and not cardboard cut-out cannon fodder.

That's my 2cents' worth. And if this premise has been featured in some dark horse comic or fan fic, my apologies. It'll be merely a coincidence. :cool:

now that would work!!!

they should create a movie based on the past of the P2 Elder. think there was a comic about it too.

they should create a movie based on the past of the P2 Elder. think there was a comic about it too.
yeah, it was called "1718". it was really short, though. probably why it was one of the few good predator stories.

i'd definitely like a movie about the origin of the "lost hunters".

yeah, it was called "1718". it was really short, though. probably why it was one of the few good predator stories.

i'd definitely like a movie about the origin of the "lost hunters".

That would be pretty cool.

I always thought it would be sweet if a rebel predator runs away to earth and is followed by an elder predator and those two have an all out war on earth. That would be pretty sweet if you ask me.

Back