No 'Avengers' For Ed Norton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How big a role does everyone think Banner is gonna have in the Avengers movie? If I had to guess I would say its going to be a bit part at best! Paying Norton for the role would be like an agoraphobe hiring a full time Chauffeur...great for bragging rights, but underused and ultimately pointless.

He had a pretty big role in the Ultimates story, if memory serves. Or as big a part as anyone else in a movie with 15 or 20 "major" characters, anyhow. The movies have referenced the Ultimates in some ways, so maybe the story will, as well.

Anyone who thinks dropping an actor or the quality of Edward Norton from the movie was a good move is obviously an idiot. The guy brought class and quality to the role of Bruce Banner.

Anyone who thinks dropping an actor or the quality of Edward Norton from the movie was a good move is obviously an idiot. The guy brought class and quality to the role of Bruce Banner.
I'm sure the execs would love to have Brad Pitt step in as Thor, Matt Damon as Captain America, Will Smith as Black Panther, Angelina Jolie as Black Widow, and George Clooney as Tony Stark. But cost is a consideration.

Agreed. Everything was going extremely well, and the icing was finding out Norton was excited to be back as Banner and Marvel pulls this stupid move. This is just like IM 2. It was an entertaining movie but it was a step back from IM 1. The Rhodey character in my opinion was a mistake. I thought at first that it would be a good substitue as Don Cheadle is a damn good actor but after seeing the movie, felt he was way tooooo serious for the role. The first actor was better as Rhodey.

I had no interest in watching the last Hulk as the one before was a major major letdown UNTIL I found out Ed Norton was Bruce Banner. That movie turned out to be a huge surprise, although, not a Hulk fan...loved the movie.

34609_132653023441805_1019257665145.jpg

Did I watch a different version of the new Hulk movie or something? Ed Norton brought NOTHING novel to the role. If anything he was overly stoic (I understand that was probably intentional). Ed Norton is an excellent actor, but the only thing he would have brought to the table In Avengers is his name.

He brought a certain sadness to the Banner character that Bana may have been lacking, since he was trying to channel Bill Bixby. But he was different than Bixby, as he didn't seem quite as tortured and lonely as Bixby was to me. I'm not saying it was good or bad in that sense, but it was a different Banner than we had seen in live action media, IMO.

Bixby was the saddest Banner I have ever seen throughout all of the HULKS history, that is still an amazing performance for such a old TV series.

Did I watch a different version of the new Hulk movie or something? Ed Norton brought NOTHING novel to the role. If anything he was overly stoic (I understand that was probably intentional). Ed Norton is an excellent actor, but the only thing he would have brought to the table In Avengers is his name.

:lecture:goodpost: He did a good job in the part, but overall fell short of his normal performances. I was more excited to see Ferrigno in it than Norton. Bana did a decent job with his movie why not give him another chance?

Bixby was the saddest Banner I have ever seen throughout all of the HULKS history, that is still an amazing performance for such a old TV series.
Agreed. He was a much better actor than many other, more acclaimed actors, IMO. He was different than the comic incarnations of Banner I had seen in a good way. If Bixby were alive today in the prime of his career, I don't think we would see as many nay-sayers going on about "who gives a ____ who plays Banner. He is a piece of ____ character nobody cares about, and Hulk should just be the Hulk with no human persona whatsoever" etc. etc. Because his acting made the character likable and worthwhile.

:lecture:goodpost: He did a good job in the part, but overall fell short of his normal performances. I was more excited to see Ferrigno in it than Norton. Bana did a decent job with his movie why not give him another chance?
Yeah, Bana wasn't the reason that movie failed to succeed. Like it or hate it, that was totally Ang Lee's baby.

this is not good.. casting a new hulk is stupid and will doom the avengers... they want joaquin phoenix now. oh that is all we need..i will be boycotting this.. crap . i will see the captain america and thor.. but after that screw marvel..

this is not good.. casting a new hulk is stupid and will doom the avengers... they want joaquin phoenix now. oh that is all we need..i will be boycotting this.. crap . i will see the captain america and thor.. but after that screw marvel..

Maybe Joaquin Pheonix will lay down some lyrical genius for the Avengers soundtrack :exactly:

Not a big fan of Norton as Hulk, but I'm even less of a fan of recasting established roles (as others have said, Don as Rhodey was hard to swallow). Wouldn't it be funny and ironic if they brought Bana back? :lol

"Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H, Chris E, Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts."

That seems like a big slap in the face to me and cop out. Not a huge fan of Norton as Banner because no one can do it like Bixby. However I do not like it when actors are changed out. Norton has been part of an "ensemble" The Italian Job, The Score, and Fight Club come to mind. If it was coming down to budget though I would rather seem him cut as Banner than Downey as Stark.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the last Hulk movie supposed to a reboot or am I just thinking of it as one. If so now what?

Back