Kevin Feige's Star Wars Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RO and Solo feel like legitimate SW films because they respect and are even based on George's own canon. I feel like The Mandalorian will at least do the former, possibly even the latter given how closely Favreau and Filoni worked with Lucas on CW.

But Feige, the Russos, or literally anyone being announced as being the next pinch hitters in Disney's lineup just doesn't interest me at all. I'm sure that Feige will at least make better films than the ST, but I don't see myself caring.

Yes the PT suffered from too much of George's input. But to go so far in the opposite direction to the point of discarding even his very ideas was a greater offense IMO. Yes TLJ was a better film than AOTC but so what, lots of non-SW films are better than AOTC.

My only two requirements for new SW films is that they be at least as good as ROTJ (not a hard task) and that they don't betray what came before. RO and Solo fulfill those requirements in spades, the ST not so much.
But Lucas' own movies (PT) betray what came before it in the OT.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

A Russo bros SW film starring Chris Evans could be good. Same for a prime Luke Skywalker movie starring The Winter Soldier actor as Luke. It would make people happy.

Oh no...

Casting unknowns has always worked best for Star Wars. Put Evans or Larson, it'll just be distracting and will seem like a SNL skit or something. Wouldn't be against the Russo's directing however.

I'm not the biggest MCU fan but I appreciate it for what its accomplished but for the love of god, don't let Star Wars become Marvel.

But Lucas' own movies (PT) betray what came before it in the OT.

In large parts yes which is why I find them mostly dismissable. This isn't an issue where the only two sides are "Lucas is perfect" or "Disney is perfect." Lucas should have had more people challenging him when he made the PT and Disney should have had more of George's involvement with the ST.

Oh no...

Casting unknowns has always worked best for Star Wars. Put Evans or Larson, it'll just be distracting and will seem like a SNL skit or something. Wouldn't be against the Russo's directing however.

I'm not the biggest MCU fan but I appreciate it for what its accomplished but for the love of god, don't let Star Wars become Marvel.

You cannot always cast unknowns for important roles, GL cast Hayden and it was a big mistake, regardless of how cringeworthy the script was (romance dialog) he could not act well enough to convey the proper emotions in key scenes. He came off as whiney instead of conflicted and the worst offender is when he found his mother in the Tuskan Raider camp. That should have been a much more powerful scene but it was laughable because of how bad Hayden's acting was. Had they cast Dicaprio in the role it would have been much better, sure he couldn't fix the terrible dialog but he would have been able to convey those scenes in much more believable maner. You cant really blame Hayden he had hardly any acting credits to his name before he was cast as Anakin and it really showed throughout that whole movie. Part of the reason the MCU is so good is they cast good actors in each role they didn't search for unknown names. Hell chris evans played Johnny Storm FF4, yet people were still ok with him being cast as Cap. Nobody saw the first avenger and was like oh **** that's Johnny storm this just a Saturday night live skit. Sabastian Stan would be a perfect luke skywalker, he looks just like a young Hamill, should they ever decide to make a movie just about him that fills in the gaps between the movies.

You forget that Alec Guiness played Obi Wan an Oscar worthy actor, he is the actor that carried the first film. By the time Empire rolled around Harrison ford was a big name and seasoned actor, only Mark Hamill was unknown and George got lucky with him in a way, he is a good actor, but even in a new hope he did come off as whiney just like Anakin, you could see his acting wasnt nearly as strong as Alec. Alec stole every scene they were in together. Hamill got better with acting as the movies progressed but had they cast him as Anakin it would have failed cause that part required much more from the actor than luke in a new hope

So how many movies are the making now dam it's like 3 different directors are supposed to make a star wars movie what are they planning on having them compete with one another. Talk about over saturation whatever happened to slowing down. And frankly whether its JJ abrhams at DC or any of these 3 directors the movie is only as good as the story they are adapting.

If we figure out what story they are using for inspiration for adapting them we can have some confidence that at least they have a good starting point.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kf is in Charge now rj trilogy will never see the light of day. This is good thing cause he knows how to make good movies, he wont allow the same **** kk did under her watch. Its only a mater of time before she is gone. She was in way over her head

RDJ in Star Wars???

It seems it was always in the cards.

download`1.jpg

Dude left his family to suck on some whale ****. The man definitely doesn?t care

It is definitely hard to care at this moment in time. There's been rumours and announcements all queuing up and nothing to show for it. Half of existing Star Wars ''content'' is non-canon to me with the upcoming film to be added to that pile. All I feel is overwhelming meh.

Not trying to be too cool for school, I am capable of liking new SW movies, I just don't get excited for them in advance anymore. Lucas wrecked the backstory and Disney have wrecked the post-ROTJ fantasy so my fandom has taken a severe walloping over the years.

"Let the hate flow through you." Good. Very good. Your journeys to the Dark Side are nearly complete, and then you can join me!!!!

It is definitely hard to care at this moment in time. There's been rumours and announcements all queuing up and nothing to show for it. Half of existing Star Wars ''content'' is non-canon to me with the upcoming film to be added to that pile. All I feel is overwhelming meh.

Not trying to be too cool for school, I am capable of liking new SW movies, I just don't get excited for them in advance anymore. Lucas wrecked the backstory and Disney have wrecked the post-ROTJ fantasy so my fandom has taken a severe walloping over the years.
I agree with everything you said here. But Rogue One was very good to me. I was super exciited after that came out because force awakens sucked so much.
And then last Jedi . It’s just too far gone and they can’t rope it back in. Solo was just whatever, but isn’t the idea of Han Solo that I imagined.
Even if they did come up with a masterpiece for the new sky walker film, it’s too little too late. Plus the whole dynamic that’s going on every day on the internet.....Brie Larson? Seriously? I’m all in to see the train wreck of the next movie, but a new Disney trilogy afterwards, I don’t think I could even show up to see another wreck (and mind you, I go to the movies twice a week and see pretty much everything). Even the marvel movies are on a course to sucking hardcore. The world has just gone too ........well I better not say anything because some SJW May come along.......I’m kinda done and I know I’m not really jus a unique case.

I like Rogue One and Solo, the latter much to my surprise. I assumed that would be an embarrassment. Nevertheless the conveyor belt of movie and TV announcements makes one tired before they've even ****ing released anything else.

the conveyor belt of movie and TV announcements makes one tired before they've even ****ing released anything else.

This totally!

And considering its an entire galaxy with a long history, the lack of inventive designs and "something new" is astounding. As much as I'm looking forward to the Mandalorian, its still just "The Adventures of Boba Fett" to me.

I mean, I don’t care. I just like memes of old cheerful
Luke from back before SW was important and needed social relevance and made people regret tattoos.

I like Rogue One and Solo, the latter much to my surprise. I assumed that would be an embarrassment. Nevertheless the conveyor belt of movie and TV announcements makes one tired before they've even ****ing released anything else.

Thar’s where I’m at with the MCU. To varying degrees I’ve enjoyed every movie but Endgame is just too tantalizing a jump-off point to pass by.

For SW I’m very interested in in The Mandolorian and to check out the breezy non-crowds at Galaxy’s Edge WDW.

I know I’m bringing up the rear of SW fatigue but I’m still struggling with my indifference. I can’t believe the conclusion of the Skywalker saga will be the first SW movie I don’t get advance tix for & see see at the night- before opening.

Back