More Hot Toys Superman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it comes with hands it should have the connectors, I'd imagine... Seems only logical.

I only posted that because I don't want anyone here to get put out later on.

OH I see. Yeah. I am an HT virgin and I have learned that shopping for an extra HT body is a completely different experience than shopping for a Buck body. :lol

Mailed him off to The Mike today. There's another one I have I could part with but he has no hands (like new in every other way) and it sounds like you're set. But feel free to PM if you're interested.

Sent you a pm!

Got it! Was working on a reply when I got distracted by a shinny object. (My cell phone.)

Last edited:
If it comes with hands it should have the connectors, I'd imagine... Seems only logical.

I only posted that because I don't want anyone here to get put out later on.

I don't remember this being the case for V.1 Superman or HT Batman Begins. I remember it sticking out as the Predator hands DO come with connectors. Could be wrong but...

We need some pictures of the figure in the tray or someone who's got one to chime in I think.

Last edited:
I don't remember this being the case for V.1 Superman or HT Batman Begins. I remember it sticking out as the Predator hands DO come with connectors. Could be wrong but...

We need some pictures of the figure in the tray or someone who's got one to chime in I think.

Like this one?Post nr.634 by pixletwin:

12242007277gv5.jpg

Superman looks like he was thrown in that tray, like Christopher Reeves was punched to the air-con grill by Non in Superman II.

I finally got my figures from ABC Express and they are fantastic. Jor-El is just amazing and Supes is much better than the first version to me. My Superman was accutely packed in nicely in the box. I guess I was lucky.

P1130001.jpg

Jor-El1.jpg

I was messing around and thought what Stallone would look like if he got the part of Superman, so here goes:

The "S" stands for Stallone!
P1130012.jpg

P1130011.jpg

I like Stallone too, but don't ever do that agani! :maul

LOL. Don't worry. I won't do that again. I like Stallone too, but I glad he didn't audition. I looked at the Internet Movie Database trivia for Superman and this is what it said:

"After the success of Rocky (1976), Sylvester Stallone lobbied hard to play Clark Kent/Superman, but he was ultimately turned down. Stallone found out that Marlon Brando, who had casting approval, turned him down for the role, just as he had allegedly vetoed Burt Reynolds' casting as Sonny in The Godfather (1972). (Responding to that rumor, Brando told Playboy Magazine interviewer Lawrence Gobel "Francis [Francis Ford Coppola] would never have cast Burt Reynolds.") Stallone subsequently went on Merv Griffin's talk show and denounced Brando, saying he had no respect for the superstar as an actor or as a man. This surprised many as the early Stallone (as had the early Burt Reynolds) had clearly modeled himself after Brando, particularly Brando's characterization of Terry Malloy in On the Waterfront (1954) in his own role as Stanley Rosiello in The Lord's of Flatbush (1974), a man named "Stanley" (a la Stanley Kowalski in A Streetcar Named Desire (1951) who had a coop of pigeons on his tenement roof (like Terry Malloy). This mimicry might have been one of the the reasons Brando reportedly had such antipathy for both actors. Stallone later explained that he felt that it was hypocritical that Brando, whom stated on numerous occasions that he took the role of Jor-El simply as a paycheck and nothing more, vetoed him for the role of Superman. Unlike Brando, Stallone grew up emulating and idolizing Clark Kent/Superman (and continues to) as well as having a great love for the comics mythology. Ironically, in his review for the Stallone film "Rocky", Roger Ebert called Stallone "the next Marlon Brando."

LOL. Don't worry. I won't do that again. I like Stallone too, but I glad he didn't audition. I looked at the Internet Movie Database trivia for Superman and this is what it said:

"After the success of Rocky (1976), Sylvester Stallone lobbied hard to play Clark Kent/Superman, but he was ultimately turned down. Stallone found out that Marlon Brando, who had casting approval, turned him down for the role, just as he had allegedly vetoed Burt Reynolds' casting as Sonny in The Godfather (1972). (Responding to that rumor, Brando told Playboy Magazine interviewer Lawrence Gobel "Francis [Francis Ford Coppola] would never have cast Burt Reynolds.") Stallone subsequently went on Merv Griffin's talk show and denounced Brando, saying he had no respect for the superstar as an actor or as a man. This surprised many as the early Stallone (as had the early Burt Reynolds) had clearly modeled himself after Brando, particularly Brando's characterization of Terry Malloy in On the Waterfront (1954) in his own role as Stanley Rosiello in The Lord's of Flatbush (1974), a man named "Stanley" (a la Stanley Kowalski in A Streetcar Named Desire (1951) who had a coop of pigeons on his tenement roof (like Terry Malloy). This mimicry might have been one of the the reasons Brando reportedly had such antipathy for both actors. Stallone later explained that he felt that it was hypocritical that Brando, whom stated on numerous occasions that he took the role of Jor-El simply as a paycheck and nothing more, vetoed him for the role of Superman. Unlike Brando, Stallone grew up emulating and idolizing Clark Kent/Superman (and continues to) as well as having a great love for the comics mythology. Ironically, in his review for the Stallone film "Rocky", Roger Ebert called Stallone "the next Marlon Brando."

That's some interesting news that I didn't know about Pete. I thought I knew all the "behind-the-scenes" stories about "Superman: The Movie" since I highly regard it as one of my favorite movies, and Christopher Reeve's perfect portrayal of Superman and Clark Kent will always be the best in my book! Yeah, I'd heard about Brando basically just doing Superman for the paycheck. I guess director Richard Donner took Brando's advice seriously, and didn't even screen test Stallone. I saw all of the screen tests from the DVD in the Ultimate Collector's Edition DVD set. All of them were horrible...except for Christopher Reeve. As much as I've enjoyed Stallone's work over the years, it would have been interesting to at least see his screen test as both Clark Kent and Superman. But in the end...Christopher Reeve was THE MAN for the job! :D

Shaun, I took your advice on buying a Hot Toys body and True Type neck before you posted it here. I got them separately on eBay and I'm still waiting on 'em. I will post pics as soon as I get it.:D

Back