McFarlane Toys 7" Star Trek figures (TOS, TNG and beyond...)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'd be great if we got Bridge dioramas to go with these.

You mean like a full, scaled bridge "playset" for multiple figures to be setup in? I don't believe McFarlane does anything like this, maybe a diorama-like display base.

You mean like a full, scaled bridge "playset" for multiple figures to be setup in? I don't believe McFarlane does anything like this, maybe a diorama-like display base.

That's what I was thinking.

Didn't McFarlane do a few "playsets", or backdrops for a few of their other figures (maybe their Monsters series from a few years back, and Walking Dead)?

Very little point, I'd think, given they look like they can't sit down. What's the point of a captains chair if your legs don't bend?

This is true, but maybe a bridge station backdrop for a few of the figures, or Worf's tactical station to stand him behind. I don't know that any of this would happen, but it could be a way to add some elements to a figure display.

SDCC-2017-McFarlane-Toys-Display-014.jpg

SDCC-2017-McFarlane-Toys-Display-015.jpg

SDCC-2017-McFarlane-Toys-Display-016.jpg

SDCC-2017-McFarlane-Toys-Display-017.jpg

SDCC-2017-McFarlane-Toys-Display-018.jpg

SDCC-2017-McFarlane-Toys-Display-019.jpg

SDCC-2017-McFarlane-Toys-Display-020.jpg

SDCC-2017-McFarlane-Toys-Display-021.jpg

SDCC-2017-McFarlane-Toys-Display-022.jpg

SDCC-2017-McFarlane-Toys-Display-023.jpg

SDCC-2017-McFarlane-Toys-Display-024.jpg

I'll admit there seems to be some well hidden articulation in there. Although the hips look to be both jointed and solid at the same time...?!? But I also really don't like the finish on the paint jobs. Very matte and rough looking.

Wow! Aside from the holes on the sides of their knees, these two feature the best hidden articulation I've ever seen integrated on any figures. Every toy company should take note.

I thought something looked strange in that area but I put it down to a quirk of the uniform that I wasn't aware of.

Looks like it'll be forward and backward movement only. Still that's more than I originally thought.

These look a lot better than I thought they would. If McFarlane can deliver paint apps that good on the finished product, I'm buying but I'll only consider it once I have one in hand.

Wow! Aside from the holes on the sides of their knees, these two feature the best hidden articulation I've ever seen integrated on any figures. Every toy company should take note.

These look more like prototypes put together for display. The pieces look to have been glued into place so I think the articulation will become more obvious on the final product. I like that they bothered to give these articulation instead of making them immobile nerd hummels.

Curious why they're going with 10" for a deluxe figure, why not 12". Interesting character selections as well, seems like they're going for leadership initially, wonder how slow this line will be, how long would it take to build a full crew from any one series.

Curious why they're going with 10" for a deluxe figure, why not 12". Interesting character selections as well, seems like they're going for leadership initially, wonder how slow this line will be, how long would it take to build a full crew from any one series.

Based on their other 7" lines (TWD and Destiny), McFarlanes release schedule looks to be about two figures per quarter at most. At that rate, it will take a very long time to get a full crew.

Wow, and we're already aware of the first 4 so half a year is already over with nothing more than Picard and Kirk.

I wonder if we will get ships from them? DST has a license but I don't know if it's for specific sizes or what. I hope they do because DST treats it's Trek customers like red headed step children.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was so happy with their Jareth figure, I'm all for these Trek ones. The articulation seems to be getting MUCH better in execution. I hope their paint jobs match. I really hope they up their release rate, though, because I want all the Discovery cast, including one-offs and reoccurring. And I'd love to build up the casts of the other shows and movies over time.

Back