McFarlane Toys 7" Star Trek figures (TOS, TNG and beyond...)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vector

Super Freak
Reaction score
From Toyark:

https://news.toyark.com/2017/05/22/mcfarlane-toys-produce-new-star-trek-toy-line-253371

A new announcement over at Licensing.biz has revealed that McFarlane Toys has gained a very impressive new license, and possibly one of their biggest and most impressive acquisitions to date. McFarlane Toys will be producing 7″ figures and role play toys from the entire Star Trek saga. The new license includes everything from Star Trek – The Original Series up to, and including, Star Trek Discovery, the new series coming to CBS All Access.

The first two releases are scheduled for Spring 2018. The two releases will see new 7″ scale figures based on Captain James T. Kirk from the original TV Series as well as Captain Jean-Luc Picard from the Star Trek: The Next Generation TV Series. Figures and other collectibles from Star Trek Discovery, the various TV series’ and the films will begin to follow soon after.

No word on if the Star Trek figures will be released as part of the color Tops program, or will see new and unique packaging. Click the link above for the original story. We will have more updates as the become available.

Star-Trek-Discovery-Logo.jpg

Huh...interesting to see what kind of aesthetic they go with for Star Trek figures.

Yes, I am very interested to see what McFarlane comes up with. Their 7" Walking Dead figures look good for the most part and they have been improving them with added articulation with each wave. I wouldn't even mind if these were more like the statue figures with limited articulation as long as the sculpt and paint apps are really good. Some 10" deluxe Star Trek figures would be cool also, if their license includes that scale.

So...statues? I don't know. I know Mcfarlane has added articulation lately but I'd rather someone like Neca did them. Art Asylum's were pretty great and would be hard to top.

So...statues? I don't know. I know Mcfarlane has added articulation lately but I'd rather someone like Neca did them. Art Asylum's were pretty great and would be hard to top.

For me personally, especially with this license, I would rather have figures with limited articulation with good sculpt and paint instead of the diaper affect of the newer NECA figures. That look would not translate well to the uniforms in Star Trek IMO. And not knocking NECA, I own a bunch of their figures. It would also depend on the pose that McFarlane chose for each figure. Some of the poses on the Walking Dead figures are good, others not so much.

I would consider some of the most iconic crews depending on what they end up looking like. TWOK, Undiscovered Country, TNG (Generations or First Contact appearances). I kinda doubt they'd make anything from DS9 or Voyager...Seven of Nine might tempt them to the latter if anything.

I personally wouldn't touch the Abrams-verse with a bargepole.

I would consider some of the most iconic crews depending on what they end up looking like. TWOK, Undiscovered Country, TNG (Generations or First Contact appearances). I kinda doubt they'd make anything from DS9 or Voyager...Seven of Nine might tempt them to the latter if anything.

I personally wouldn't touch the Abrams-verse with a bargepole.

If it turns out that they are not planning DS9 they should do the right thing and just give up the entire Star Trek license right now.

They are making Kirk and Picard so most likely we will get Spock and Data. After that they will probably make figures from the new show. I watched the trailer for Discovery on YouTube today. Not impressed. Just more prequel Abrams esque garbage. It will air on CBS so since we cut the cord a while back I will not be watching it. Not feeling like I will be missing anything...

Mcfarlane uses 3d scanning. Hope he does it for the more recent shows and films or even scans headcasts taken of the original cast if they were made.

I never liked the look of the 7" DST Star Trek figures so hopefully McFarlane will do something good with them.

This is right...the first Art Asylum waves (original series and Enterprise) were good...once DST moved in the quality went down the drain...

They are making Kirk and Picard so most likely we will get Spock and Data. After that they will probably make figures from the new show. I watched the trailer for Discovery on YouTube today. Not impressed. Just more prequel Abrams esque garbage. It will air on CBS so since we cut the cord a while back I will not be watching it. Not feeling like I will be missing anything...

Worf is probably my favourite character from TNG outside of Picard. And he really helped DS9 when they added him to that show.

Like everyone else, I find this exciting. I've always liked the sculpt and paint work on McFarlane figures, I just didn't necessarily like some of their pose choices, but I've always felt the DST figures were a bit lackluster, this has the potential to offer a nice range of additions to the collection.

Worf is probably my favourite character from TNG outside of Picard. And he really helped DS9 when they added him to that show.

Yeah, a good Worf figure would be excellent. I hope the line goes into the movies as well. I would love to get Kirk and Spock in the red uniforms from TWoK and of course Khan himself. I have been waiting for more news about the QMx 1/6 TWoK figures but if McFarlane made some good 1/10 figures I could possibly settle for those and save $300+.

I'm scaling back high end and besides, I haven't been all that impressed with the QMX figures myself. 1:10 though, if these look good, I might just get a few - to represent some of the humans and aliens of Star Trek since I have a few of the main ships.

Last edited:
Back