McFarlane Toys 7" Star Trek figures (TOS, TNG and beyond...)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wish these would show up at retail somewhere. My wife really frowns on my little packages. Walking Dead is all over Walgreens and did find some Stranger Things figures at TRU before the doors closed.

Have they said they're not at mass market? I know Target also carried McFarlane Stranger Things. Saw them while I was hunting down the new Ducktales figures :)

Target is a good place to find McFarlane’s Stranger Things figures. I wonder if they’ll show up there? If not then I’m sure comic shops will get them.

I should add that depending on your Target's layout, the "collector" figures like Stranger Things may or may not be in the toy aisle with everything else. At one Target in my area they were, but in another, they were with the video games and other "collector's items" like those silly POP vinyls.

My local WalMart also sometimes stocks McFarlane items - The Walking Dead, for one - and they're always with the baseball cards for some reason.

Despite the being available at a European wholesaler, they've yet to appear online or in stores in the UK. They're in stock on Amazon Uk, but don't seem to be coming from here, it's a marketplace seller on the continent.

I should add that depending on your Target's layout, the "collector" figures like Stranger Things may or may not be in the toy aisle with everything else. At one Target in my area they were, but in another, they were with the video games and other "collector's items" like those silly POP vinyls.

My local WalMart also sometimes stocks McFarlane items - The Walking Dead, for one - and they're always with the baseball cards for some reason.

My Target has the "Collector Area" over in the DVD/Blu Ray section. Last time I was there they had three NECA horror figures so I think that's where collector stuff is going. That collectable section in the video games is at my target too, but everything there is specifically video game themed so I doubt you'll find Star Trek there.

My Target has the "Collector Area" over in the DVD/Blu Ray section. Last time I was there they had three NECA horror figures so I think that's where collector stuff is going. That collectable section in the video games is at my target too, but everything there is specifically video game themed so I doubt you'll find Star Trek there.

Ahhhhhhh in my Target the video games and Blu-Rays are very close to each other, so that may be why. I wish they would come up with a more consistent floor plan. They recently completely renovated one of the ones near my house, and it still makes little sense to me - feels more like a department store now.

Last edited:
Going back to the topic, here's a quick review of those two figs. Vid isn't that great but you can get an idea of what's going on. They are better than DST, but for the year 2018 I expected a lot more from MF.

Huh. Scale-wise, they seem to be pretty much in line with DST's TOS scale. Didn't expect that, although I don't have a reason why lol.

My first impression is that they actually look pretty good, especially Kirk. Picard's face doesn't look right. It never really did on this one. I also don't get why no one gets the phaser right for TNG lol. I'll have to get them in hand to judge. Articulation looks good, except...no waist? That's odd.

The phaser is way out of scale almost QMX scale. In his hand is am old DST phaser. Above is the helm I made for my 7 inch bridge project

Thoughts in no particular order....
That Picard face is woeful. That's a pass from me, unless it looks significantly better in person.
That Jim Kirk sculpt is a thing of beauty. Hands down the best Shatner likeness at 1:12 (And I blew a fortune on the Mezco!)
It's a shame the line won't last. Trek traditionally doesn't shift the numbers required for McFarlane to start pumping out characters. In fact, unless the next two are a long way through the development process, so far through that there's no turning back, I don't think we'll see any more. I blame it on 1) the weakness of Trek in general at retail, and 2) They've fallen very short with that Jean Luc. I can't see many people picking that one up and it's 50% of the first wave! That'll translate to a significant shortfall on the first 2 out of the gate. I hate being this pessimistic, but I've been burned by Trek time and time again. Diamond, Mezco, even QMX is faltering.... the days of Playmates doing 'third ensign from the left' are long gone.

It's really unfortunate that the Discovery phaser is still advertised on the back of the card. I get that production was probably too far through to reprint the cards, but they could have at least slapped a sticker over the phaser or something.

I think he is a great figure at first thinking his head was too far but really DST heads are so much bigger. I understand you people could be complacent in buying these. Trek is so much a ensemble show. I am always going to feel shorted if we get Kirk and no Spock plus McCoy etc. And with so many shows and Prime/Kelvin not every fan is gong to be happy. I don't display my figures on a shelf as statutes. I don"t play with them per say, I pose them and make diaromas scenes. I am not a good customer for one off lines. Its a good figure that I wish I could time warp back to the early 2000s to show AA how it should be done

20180830_200633.jpg

Really hoping we’ll get at least Spock and Bones. The main three are essential.

I need to see some more detailed pictures of Picard soon, but Kirk does look amazing!
The TOS films (2, 3 and 6) are my favorites, so I really hope they will do lots of characters from those (especially villains like Commander Kruge, Chang, Martia).

Well mine shipped from Amazon and should be here on Tuesday. I'll have to pay a visit to my mom's house and haul my storage bin of DST stuff out to go with them...that Gorn looks fantastic posed with Kirk. I'll post thoughts then.

I agree with Oxnard that it's hard to really buy into a Trek line at this point. We always get a Kirk, a Spock, a Picard...and then silence. Sigh. But this is a pretty great looking Kirk to pass up. I'm still hoping beyond hope that Picard looks better in hand.

Does anyone else feel like Picard was an afterthought of sorts? Kirk has a phaser, communicator, rifle...and Picard has a WRONG phaser and the tiny flute. Could have given him a glass of tea or a computer monitor or tricorder or something. When you look at packaged pics Kirk's is packed and Picard's is empty.

Back