McFarlane Toys 7" Star Trek figures (TOS, TNG and beyond...)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally saw a Jareth in the wild yesterday. I'm not interested in the character, but I was interested to look it over as an indicator of what McF can do with trek. I was very impressed with the sculpt and paint apps, couldn't see any articulation, so if its there its well hidden. Initially I was just on board for discovery stuff, but if they all come out that well I might be swayed for the other trek figures too....

I'm surprised how good Picard and Kirk look, if these are production figures, I'm buying them for sure!
New pictures from Toy Fair 2018:

IMG_2014__scaled_600.jpg
IMG_2018__scaled_600.jpg
IMG_2019__scaled_600.jpg
IMG_2020__scaled_600.jpg
IMG_2024__scaled_600.jpg

Odd, the images weren't showing, edited them back in.

Last edited:
Apparently Kirk and Picard are the only figures planned for 2018 so... not exactly diving head first into this. Discovery figures were supposed to be out fall of 2018. Maybe they are waiting to launch those until season 2 is out in 2019.

The Kirk and Picard figures look absolutely awful, so not very optimistic about DSC now. But will definitely be getting the new phaser. May not be quite as nice as the $500 dollar one, but it still looks great for $35 and can probably be repainted to look even better.

I saw these up for pre-order on BBTS but I’m not too sure about them. McFarlane stuff seems hit and miss plus I wish there was more than two figures coming out. Sort of feels like a line that could be dead after the first two.

I'm pretty sure that's just flat printed cardboard in the Disco phaser package.

Still no images with the final product. They were originally advertised as a part of Color Tops line. Now they show them in plastic blister with no base. The joints on those two are also different, only one allows lateral movement. Too much mystery around these figures.

IMG_2020__scaled_600.jpg

Still no images with the final product. They were originally advertised as a part of Color Tops line. Now they show them in plastic blister with no base. The joints on those two are also different, only one allows lateral movement. Too much mystery around these figures.

View attachment 418003
:confused:
What are you talking about, it wa just a month ago that McFarlane showed new images of these:
https://toynewsi.com/14-31250
They come with display bases and Picard has lateral movement in his hips, you can tell from this image:
McFarlane-Star-Trek-Picard-04.jpg

I'm hearing from a couple of places, one of which is Trektoy forum, that the Disco Phaser is cancelled. McF seem to be reacting to the current climate surrounding guns. It was originally supposed to come with an orange tip, and I think it was also going to be unavailable in some states because of gun laws, but now it's been outright cancelled. Such a bummer if this turns out to be true.

I want to see them beside some of DST AA Trek figures to see how close to scale the two companies are. I can't see McFarlane going anywhere close to DST on amount of figures made for Trek

I want to see them beside some of DST AA Trek figures to see how close to scale the two companies are. I can't see McFarlane going anywhere close to DST on amount of figures made for Trek

Neither do I. On the other hand, Kirk and Picard from DST weren't exactly the best figures so I could use some better versions. I wish someone will do a comparative review before I buy.

Neither do I. On the other hand, Kirk and Picard from DST weren't exactly the best figures so I could use some better versions. I wish someone will do a comparative review before I buy.

That line was such a mixed bag. TOS and TNG were way out of scale with each other. I wonder which side this line falls on

There's some up on eBay as well. I believe ToyAnxiety also posted that they had them in stock. The boxed photos online look decent enough, though I still think the Picard sculpt is off.

Amazon has the release date scheduled as Sept. 1. I have Prime and they're PO'd there, so I should be able to post about them sometime on the 3rd or thereabouts (assuming they stick to that timetable).

That line was such a mixed bag. TOS and TNG were way out of scale with each other. I wonder which side this line falls on

I remember being in love with the AA TOS line. Then DST came in and switched scales for TNG for no discernible reason; I don't even remember them giving a real answer when we asked back in the day, besides the generic "this scale's better for detail." I have a feeling that the change was due to a mess up when they made the molds - which they made AGAIN when they did Geordi and Data at a far smaller scale/lesser quality than the rest of the TNG line.

That said, the TNG line left me so torn. The first releases of Riker and Worf were amazing, even if the scale was wrong. Then Picard and Troi came out, and Troi was great, but Picard's sculpt was awful (but the quality level was still there). Then we get to Data and Geordi which were horrible all around, and finally Crusher, who got hit by the ugly stick (but it was really just lowered quality paint ops I think). You could just see the care they put into it take a nosedive over the years. Then we get to DS9 and ALL the bodies were reused except Odo. Ick. Not to mention the sculpts got more and more cartoony.

Back