Marvel's Antman and the Wasp: Quantumania

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought modok looked rather stupid but there are pictures of him that make him look scary. But marvel doesn’t do scary. Ghost rider gonna be a cute and cuddly pink teddy bear flame. Not to scare the kiddies and to not offend China

Even Thanos became a friendly-looking purple smurf who just went to the gym (which is why I don't have him on my shelf).

What is the MCU's scariest villain? Red Skull? That half-burned Elf?

Can't go with body count because Thanos has that in spades. And he wasn't "scary".

And no, a good villain doesn't have to be scary -- I was just curious who is the scary one.

"Looking cool" is a bit subjective and hard to quantify. I also think there's an element in all great villains that make them "scary" -- whether it be a physical deformity or just a great threatening style.

That’s very fair. I never claim my opinions or experiences to be the right ones. I find most of humanity very difficult to understand or relate to, but Scarlet Witch, Thanos, easier to connect to. Joker. Black Adam. I’m not a paragon of sanity or mental health, though! Relating to fictional villains is very different from anything in real life though.

I understand, but what I mean is various great villains may be understandable to a degree -- be it greed, vanity, etc -- but not necessarily relatable. I don't think Darth Vader in ANH (or most Star Wars villains) or Hans Gruber or Agent Smith or Wez or Goldfinger or Capt Hook or Dracula or Hannibal Lecter or Joker or most of John Wick's enemies or my avatar Toht is necessarily relatable.

I understand, but what I mean is various great villains may be understandable to a degree -- be it greed, vanity, etc -- but not necessarily relatable. I don't think Darth Vader in ANH (or most Star Wars villains) or Hans Gruber or Agent Smith or Wez or Goldfinger or Capt Hook or Dracula or Hannibal Lecter or Joker or most of John Wick's enemies or my avatar Toht is necessarily relatable.
You forgot him :monkey2

75058441-8EFF-4021-9F6D-65AF91FE6C6D.jpeg

That Ebony maw guy was interesting. But the mcu akways kinda sucked with villains if we are honest. I think ultron was the biggest offender. He’s so scary in the comics and they made him pretty much a joke. Plus he kept getting his ass kicked.

I think a couple of the better more menacing, non-jokey ones are:
Killmonger
Green Goblin in NWH
Vulture
Alexander Pierce (he kills his housekeeper point blank!)

I like Vulture, but he had a couple jokey moments -- wrong gun bit.

Pierce was good. Not really where I was going though. Otherwise, that Crossbones guy is by far the scariest villain in the MCU.

Green Goblin? Hammy, as best.

Killmonger was good. I forget most of that movie. He killed purple flowers, right?

I like Vulture, but he had a couple jokey moments -- wrong gun bit.
He does kill a guy at that point tho

Pierce was good. Not really where I was going though.

Yes realise that we are grasping at MCU straws I think

Otherwise, that Crossbones guy is by far the scariest villain in the MCU.
Sigh. What could have been.

Green Goblin? Hammy, as best.
I didn’t think he was. Ferocious in the fights and kills Aunt May. He’s as good as he was in the Raimi film maybe better.

Killmonger was good. I forget most of that movie. He killed purple flowers, right?
He is a highly empathetic villain like Thanos but again makes his intentions clear when he shoots his girlfriend point blank. It’s those sort of things I find scary.

Back