Marvel's Antman and the Wasp: Quantumania

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How'd this movie do for the MCU?
Killed it.

Final Nail.

Iger said no more sequels.

Just because I enjoyed it does it mean I don’t peddle in reality once again they dropped the ball with their multi-verse narrative especially when it came to introducing Kang and what it all means.

Like I said in another post when it comes to cape movies for two years in a row now it will be the year of the bat especially this year with no TGM or Avatar to compete with the bat.

I know there was a big argument early on that the villains were bad but imo Iron Man 1, Thor 1, Captain America 1, The Avengers all had at least good and menacing villains with some good personal connection to the lead character/s. It's just they weren't Heath Ledger's Joker, which was a massive talking point at that time. But that has never been replicated on any level (at least imo).

To me the problem became when the villains became jokes in their own movies, something that crops up a lot in Phases 2-4. When you're making a 'menacing' character, don't have the heroes have a laugh about them constantly or take them down in the most laughable ways. Phase 1 never laughed at Iron Monger, Loki (Thor 1) or Red Skull. I thought the Avengers rode a fine line relatively effectively with Loki, but ever since then, they decided to go fully into that tone in a lot of their movies with their villains. It's not constant, there are examples like The Winter Soldier, Civil War, Shang-Chi and obviously Thanos in Infinity War, that have the same kind of terror involved in their portrayal. But it has become the exception rather than the rule.

“Marvel – there were 7,000 characters, and there are a lot more stories to tell,” Iger said while speaking at Disney’s presentation during Morgan Stanley’s Technology Media and Telecom Conference.

“What we have to look at, at Marvel, is not necessarily the volume of Marvel storytelling. But how many times we go back to the well on certain characters,” Iger explains, “Sequels typically work well for us. Do you need a third or a fourth, or is it time to turn to other characters?”

Iger, who recently returned as Disney’s CEO last year, also added, “There’s nothing inherently off in terms of the Marvel brand. I think we just have to look at what characters or stories we’re mining. And if you look at the trajectory of Marvel over the next five years, you’re going to see a lot of newness. We’re going to turn back to the Avengers franchise, but with a whole set of different Avengers.”

“Marvel – there were 7,000 characters, and there are a lot more stories to tell,” Iger said while speaking at Disney’s presentation during Morgan Stanley’s Technology Media and Telecom Conference.

“What we have to look at, at Marvel, is not necessarily the volume of Marvel storytelling. But how many times we go back to the well on certain characters,” Iger explains, “Sequels typically work well for us. Do you need a third or a fourth, or is it time to turn to other characters?”

Iger, who recently returned as Disney’s CEO last year, also added, “There’s nothing inherently off in terms of the Marvel brand. I think we just have to look at what characters or stories we’re mining. And if you look at the trajectory of Marvel over the next five years, you’re going to see a lot of newness. We’re going to turn back to the Avengers franchise, but with a whole set of different Avengers.”
There may be 7000 characters but realistically how many of them are worth exploring?

All those words just to say Ant-Man had no business getting a 3rd movie lol

Or a second, and honestly a first.
Well just hold on a second now lets not disrespect original Ant-Man (Hank) and his significant other Wasp (Janet) that way.

Honestly MCU had dropped the ball on Hank UNTIL this latest movie where he rolled in like a freaking boss and the highlight of the movie.

So if anything the 3rd one is the best of the Ant-Man movies, for me anyways.

Well just hold on a second now lets not disrespect original Ant-Man (Hank) and his significant other Wasp (Janet) that way.

Honestly MCU had dropped the ball on Hank UNTIL this latest movie where he rolled in like a freaking boss and the highlight of the movie.

So if anything the 3rd one is the best of the Ant-Man movies, for me anyways.
1678878062875.png

Killed it.

Final Nail.

Iger said no more sequels.
The brakes have been slammed on? That's good.

Not sure I believe it. The cast of Everything Everywhere is already doing a Disney movie. And then there's that terrible Little Mermaid coming...
There are only two movies remaining on the schedule this year (GoTG3 & The Marvels), so they were already pumping the brakes on the MCU before Quantumania. Aren't they doing the same with the Disney Plus shows? I think only Secret Invasion & Loki S2 are still on the schedule for 2023, and stuff like Ironheart , Echo and Agatha have been pushed back.

Back