Ant-Man and the Wasp - July 6, 2018

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished this flick up. EASILY the worst MCU movie since Thor: The Dark World. Painfully mediocre especially following Infinity War.

Remind us of this theory please. Been a few years since I’ve watched IM3.

It’s actually a theory that is much more involved than just IM3 it spans Stark’s entire MCU history and after I read it I had to pick my jaw up off the ground.

The way it tied Stark to Thanos was just incredibly nuanced with much respect payed to each MCU film Stark was in.

It spanned all manners of details from his people connections to his arc reactor to his father to Pepper to his visions to Ultron and even to his arm pain and numbness it was all exquisitely stitched together into one epic character arc.

After I find it i’ll post it

Last edited:
It’s actually a theory that is much more involved than just IM3 it spans Stark’s entire MCU history and after I read it I had to pick ny jaw off the ground.

The way it tied Stark to Thanos was just incredibly nuanced with much respect payed to each MCU film Stark was in.

It spanned all manners of details from his people connections to his arc reactor to his father to Pepper to his visions to Ultron and even to his arm pain and numbness it was all exquisitely stitched together into one epic character arc.

Ahh yes. I know what you’re referring to. I read it. Sounds really cool!! Hopefully they’ve been laying the groundwork for it since the beginning [emoji57]

Just finished this flick up. EASILY the worst MCU movie since Thor: The Dark World. Painfully mediocre especially following Infinity War.

To be fair, it was never trying to beat Infinity War, or even match it. It's just MCU filler to lighten the mood until the movie everyone wants comes out next year. I think the two Ant-Man movies are the only PG movies in the entire franchise?... Family friendly filler to separate the serious "intellectual" thrillers and Armageddon movies in the series.

Insert bumbling moronic dufus into the lead.. Partner him with someone who is actually twice the hero he is.. add an annoying C-List comic sidekick for laughs... throw in lots of sight gags..

Paul Rudd just screams snarky comedy and he is one of my favorite comedy actors. This was a good movie and I’m excited we finally get to see wasp on the big screen.

Saw it a second time in the theater and enjoyed the hell out of it.

It’s actually a theory that is much more involved than just IM3 it spans Stark’s entire MCU history and after I read it I had to pick my jaw up off the ground.

I’d be very interested to read this too. I’m a fan of the theory that Stark and Thanos are connected and that Howard Stark is a also a key player. I may have read it before but please do post it again if you find it.

I've watched a few video reviews and one of them mentions there is no Anna Akana in this one. I would've liked to see her reprise the obscure role she had in the first movie and maybe reveal it to be something more, but alas.

Finally saw this last night.
Not bad, but not really good either. I felt they tried to hard with Michael Peña's character. It was really funny the first time around, this time it felt a bit forced.
Rudd and Lilly were good. I liked the action with the phasing "ghost" and the scale changing Wasp and Ant-Man, that was well done.
All in all fun, but forgettable.

Enjoyed this one almost as much as the first -- and definitely more than Infinity War. After seeing so many high stakes/mass destruction plots, it was fun to watch a smaller conflict (no pun intended) with a bit more uniqueness to the action. A movie with too many ingredients starts to lose its identity.

My only gripe is that they were a bit heavy-handed with Michael Peña's jokes. A couple too many, especially during the car chase. All in all though, I thought there were more hits than misses in the humor department.

Finally caught this with the kids last night. Fantastically entertaining! Some of the best fun we've had at the theater all year. And SUCH a breath of fresh air from the normal by the numbers SJW crap. Two male white heroes, a female partner that is supportive and can hold her own but who never has to steal the show, and the BALLS to make a half-black female the main supervillain. Bravo Marvel. And what an awesomely balanced film between action, banter, visuals, humor, character design, etc. I don't know how the MCU is still able to make the "collision of worlds" approach new and fresh after 21 films but the first truth serum scene between Scott's partners, the slick goons and then Ghost herself was just hysterical.

Once again I'm on the "I need to see Infinity War 2 NOW" hype train. :rock

:D

Well said and yes I was cracking up during that scene my son really had fun with this movie as did the wife and I.

I nice pallet cleanser after Heredita.....errr IW.

Was Ghost really a villain though? She stole money and tech to build a machine to help save her own life. She didn't do it for power or fame or politics or to buy a boat, it was all self preservation. One of the problems I had with this movie is that it had no real antagonist. Once our heroes realized what was up with Ghost they chose to help her. Villains in these movies always die or end up in the raft.

Was Ghost really a villain though?

Sure. Committing violent crimes to save your own skin certainly isn't a good act. Many classic villains from vampires to Skynet do what they do simply to stay alive. She just happened to be the type of villain that was easier to relate to given the circumstances of her condition. One of the better (and certainly one of the coolest from a power and suit design standpoint) bad guys in the MCU in fact. I can't believe that this many films in that they're still pumping out movies that are this engaging (for me anyway.)

Was Ghost really a villain though? She stole money and tech to build a machine to help save her own life. She didn't do it for power or fame or politics or to buy a boat, it was all self preservation. One of the problems I had with this movie is that it had no real antagonist. Once our heroes realized what was up with Ghost they chose to help her. Villains in these movies always die or end up in the raft.

Killmonger thought he was saving people. Thanos thought he was saving the universe. Even a classic CBM villain like SM2's Doc Ock thought he was solving the energy crisis.

The villains with cartoonish motivations are few and far between... and usually aren't very interesting.

Back