Marvel's Antman and the Wasp: Quantumania

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So… what’s John Boyega up to these days?

Feige is stuck here.

If he recasts Majors, then he'll get backlash from those in the MSM screaming that other actors/performers who have done as bad or worse ( you all can define what "worse" would be for yourselves) but still got to either keep their roles or keep working in high profile projects. The key point being those other "actors" came from a clearly different demographic profile.

If he doesn't recast Majors, then women in general are an extremely powerful group in terms of purchasing power in the entire country. It's something insane like 80-85 percent of all major purchasing decisions in couple/married households are made by adult women. No good is going to come financially from being seen as enabling a possible and "alleged" domestic abuser.

I mean who knows the truth. Things like relationships can be pretty complex. I'm not assigning right or wrong here, just that many MSM outlets are rushing to be "first" in getting the headlines out instead of waiting to see what's actually accurate. What's known so far could be accurate. Or not. Either way, in modern society and culture, you are done as soon as you are accused.

The DCEU essentially has a similar problem with Ezra Miller. They could not give him the boot openly. But his current "status" is difficult to do that without a massive backlash for it. If they don't recast Miller, they are going to take hits. If they do recast Miller, they are going to take hits.

I'll be honest. I'm surprised anyone talks to anyone else anymore. I'm not a gamer. But I do recognize why so many people go to work, go home, bury their heads in a game, and don't talk to a single person otherwise. Whether you are right or whether you are wrong, you will all just burn the same. But as soon as I bring this up, then I'll be put on some "list "or open myself up to be persecuted for saying something other than the coined mainstream acceptable narrative here.

Majors is screwed no matter what. Keep the role or get recast, he's hosed.

Feige is screwed no matter what. Either road means he's going to get shelled for it.

Feige is stuck here.

If he recasts Majors, then he'll get backlash from those in the MSM screaming that other actors/performers who have done as bad or worse ( you all can define what "worse" would be for yourselves) but still got to either keep their roles or keep working in high profile projects. The key point being those other "actors" came from a clearly different demographic profile.

If he doesn't recast Majors, then women in general are an extremely powerful group in terms of purchasing power in the entire country. It's something insane like 80-85 percent of all major purchasing decisions in couple/married households are made by adult women. No good is going to come financially from being seen as enabling a possible and "alleged" domestic abuser.

I mean who knows the truth. Things like relationships can be pretty complex. I'm not assigning right or wrong here, just that many MSM outlets are rushing to be "first" in getting the headlines out instead of waiting to see what's actually accurate. What's known so far could be accurate. Or not. Either way, in modern society and culture, you are done as soon as you are accused.

The DCEU essentially has a similar problem with Ezra Miller. They could not give him the boot openly. But his current "status" is difficult to do that without a massive backlash for it. If they don't recast Miller, they are going to take hits. If they do recast Miller, they are going to take hits.

I'll be honest. I'm surprised anyone talks to anyone else anymore. I'm not a gamer. But I do recognize why so many people go to work, go home, bury their heads in a game, and don't talk to a single person otherwise. Whether you are right or whether you are wrong, you will all just burn the same. But as soon as I bring this up, then I'll be put on some "list "or open myself up to be persecuted for saying something other than the coined mainstream acceptable narrative here.

Majors is screwed no matter what. Keep the role or get recast, he's hosed.

Feige is screwed no matter what. Either road means he's going to get shelled for it.
I'm not so hung-up over it. If Majors gets the boot, they'll move forward. They've recast big roles - and minority roles - before. Objectively, I thought Majors was solid as Kang, but I don't see people caring so much that he and he alone should be the one and only Kang to tie everything together. Whether by schedule, money conflicts, or actor death, recasts just happen. Thanos was recast. Red Skull was recast. Thunderbolt Ross was recast. And we already know heavy hitters like War Machine and The Hulk got recast once before. Inevitably, they'll recast Tony Stark. Marvel ain't going to lose out on Iron Man merch sales forever.

Kang as a very concept is open to an infinite number of variants. Loki's variants were vastly diverse, of different genders and ethnicities, so you could theoretically recast with ANYONE and it's already explained.

Is Marvel happy about that? Definitely not. But if they wish to cut and run, I'm sure they have a back-up already in mind.

I'm not so hung-up over it. If Majors gets the boot, they'll move forward. They've recast big roles - and minority roles - before. Objectively, I thought Majors was solid as Kang, but I don't see people caring so much that he and he alone should be the one and only Kang to tie everything together. Whether by schedule, money conflicts, or actor death, recasts just happen. Thanos was recast. Red Skull was recast. Thunderbolt Ross was recast. And we already know heavy hitters like War Machine and The Hulk got recast once before. Inevitably, they'll recast Tony Stark. Marvel ain't going to lose out on Iron Man merch sales forever.

Kang as a very concept is open to an infinite number of variants. Loki's variants were vastly diverse, of different genders and ethnicities, so you could theoretically recast with ANYONE and it's already explained.

Is Marvel happy about that? Definitely not. But if they wish to cut and run, I'm sure they have a back-up already in mind.

Let's game it out.

To the advantage of Majors, the MCU has burned through A LOT of actors and actresses already. Remove anyone too well known in a DCEU role and you are picking from a very thin field. Also, let's just be really honest about it. Feige, if he had to replace Majors, is not going to replace him with a non black actor. And Black Panther effectively soaked up most of the young up and coming black actors around.

But if it had to happen, it can't be a no name person. It has to be someone established.

jordan-peele-900x506.jpg

Jordan Peele.

He's an established "brand name", he's about the right age to match Kang somewhat. They even look mostly alike. And he's got that bizarre humor thing that the character has already established in the MCU.

Do I think Feige will have Peele in mind and then tell Majors to get out? Nope.

But it would be interesting for us to see.

I never watched this or Loki, but I'm watching Creed III right now and maaaan, this Jonathan Majors dude is freaking jacked.

What is the MCU's scariest villain? Red Skull? That half-burned Elf?

Technically speaking, David Tennant/Kilgrave in Jessica Jones.

Once Charlie Cox showed up in Spiderman, it dragged in the entire Netflix Marvel lineup into the universe for sure.

I'd rather fight Thanos and his entire army all alone than wrangle with Kilgrave, even if I had the entire roster of Avengers with me at the time.

Another thing I didn't mention was that the actress playing Cassie didn't do anything for me. Either she was phoning it in, or maybe just isn't that great as an actress. Paul Rudd did what he could, but even he seems to be getting a bit tired playing this character. Their emotional scenes didn't feel genuine, which is a problem when that is at the crux of the story. On the other hand, I thought Michelle Pfeiffer did a really good job, and it's a shame that she doesn't get more work. Of all the actors in the movie, I would put her and the guy playing Kang at the top.

I agree. Cassie was a net negative IMHO.

Paul Rudd finally looks old. The guy looked young forever, and he looked rough in this one.

Wished it was just Pfeiffer and Douglas in this one. I thought they were great and there were just too many characters. Wished the storyline removed all the woke elements. And also wished Scott and Hope died in this one. In order to make Kang a real threat, it has to have consequences and cost.

I thought this one was way better than the first two and way better and more fun than Shang Chi, Eternals, Love And Thunder, BP2 and Strange 2 MOM. Compared to those, this was legitimately fun. What I really appreciated was the pace of this film. Even with it's flaws, it kept pushing forward.

I didn't mind Modok. The ending didn't make a ton of sense, but I suppose that's the mess the MCU is in now. It has to support the "universe" over any individual film now.

Watched 85% of the movie.

Tons of current year social politics (which I doubt I need to go in to as doubtless everyone already has), a LOT of plot contrivances, plot holes, plain stupid moments, generic visual effects and overall feeling of script by algorithm.

Was this written by ChatGPT? no, ChatGPT would probably write something more competent.

Side note: Kathryn Newton should play Amber Heard in a Heard V Depp movie.

I downloaded this today since it hit the high seas.

I watched the first ten minutes and then skipped around once they entered the cartoon world.

Did people really pay to see this, and then actually sit and watch and pay attention to it in the theater? This was hands down the saddest excuse for "franchise movie" I've ever seen. It was just two hours of people running around a gross snot-like cartoon world with no point and no stakes and no story, and then going home at the end. Why? Why? I can't imagine trying to sit through the whole thing. It'd be like doing homework.

I mainly downloaded it to see MODOK. Oh boy, that was even worse than I expected.

I definitely don't think anyone human actually worked on this movie. Had to be written and animated completely by computer. I'm including the "stars" in that as well. They may as well have been CGI like the rest of the snot planet for as lifeless and robotic as they were.

Yeesh. Horrible.

Watched 85% of the movie.

Tons of current year social politics (which I doubt I need to go in to as doubtless everyone already has), a LOT of plot contrivances, plot holes, plain stupid moments, generic visual effects and overall feeling of script by algorithm.

Was this written by ChatGPT? no, ChatGPT would probably write something more competent.

Side note: Kathryn Newton should play Amber Heard in a Heard V Depp movie.
I wonder if they’ll add a poop scene

It's on Disney+ now and will probably check it out on the weekend. Subscription expires next week^^

It's on Disney+ now and will probably check it out on the weekend. Subscription expires next week^^
It's coming to D+???.... I still have no desire to watch it... :lol

I pay yearly, so unfortunately I have till December. But I'm pretty sure I'm cancelling. I've been a subscriber for 3 years annually yet I hardly watch anything. And what I have watched has mostly been awful (other than s1&s2 of Mando, CW s7, and BB s1&s2). Was gonna cancel last year, but I had hopes for Mando s3. I stopped after episode 2. My kids aren't kids anymore either but even they barely used it. They're not getting me for another year, especially since supposedly the rates are gonna be raised the highest yet since D+ is merging with HULU or some ****.

Bye Bye Disney. I'll join for one month a year here and there if I actually want to watch anything. Or I'll simply borrow a family members...

Caught this on D+, was expecting a steaming pile of rubbish which may be why I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Yes it could have been better but it was a fun ride IMO, excellent visuals and mostly quite funny. I honestly think I'm outgrowing the MCU, or it's changing too much for my tastes.

Also I have no idea what they'll do with Majors, they would like to see how the legal stuff turns out but as that may take forever, they'll have to recast I guess. Which is very unfair to the actor, if he is innocent (shock horror that might be a possibility!) I know they've basically written him out of Loki season 2

Back