Marvel's Antman and the Wasp: Quantumania

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both of those scenes are cool. Did Jonathan Majors skip the queue in Starbucks or something 🤔
200w.gif

What was cool? Him speaking like a 12 year old doing his best silly voice of a "serious adult"? His SNL performance of a "smart person"? The closest thing to Mickey Rooney from Breakfast At Tiffany's attempting Emperor Ming by way of Lo-Pan's slow cousin? Or the fact that a collection of, supposedly, myriads of super-geniuses are acting like a bunch of hooligans at a footie game? Every single "performance" of his can be summed up with a confused grimace and a silly voice delivered from a stroke patient. AI right now has more passionate and appropriate performances. None of it works. It's like watching an overgrown alien kid trying to mimic what he's seen in movies about "smart" and "strong" people. I have never seen worse acting in my life and I mean it.

If anyone pulls the panel then you'll notice a major difference:

Council-of-Kangs-as-shown-in-Avengers-1983.jpg

They're applauding and congratulating the newest recruit. It's an assembly of scholars and conquerors for God's sake. Why the Hell are the Klawngs jumping around and shouting like a bunch of hooligans high on meth? Kang is easy to understand; he's the future version of a British aristocrat LARPing as an Antiquity Conqueror, that's it. That's all there is to it. You need someone with gravitas who can also be a smug dick. That's why Kang should've been played by someone like Bale and/or Law, McGregor, and the rest, with Immortus being Charles Dance. That's literally what Kang is. Not whatever unholy nonsense they're delivering here.

With every single new second I see of him, the more I hate him. I ended up warming up to Manletmor, but this guy I genuinely and utterly loathe.

200w.gif

What was cool? Him speaking like a 12 year old doing his best silly voice of a "serious adult"? His SNL performance of a "smart person"? The closest thing to Mickey Rooney from Breakfast At Tiffany's attempting Emperor Ming by way of Lo-Pan's slow cousin? Or the fact that a collection of, supposedly, myriads of super-geniuses are acting like a bunch of hooligans at a footie game? Every single "performance" of his can be summed up with a confused grimace and a silly voice delivered from a stroke patient. AI right now has more passionate and appropriate performances. None of it works. It's like watching an overgrown alien kid trying to mimic what he's seen in movies about "smart" and "strong" people. I have never seen worse acting in my life and I mean it.

If anyone pulls the panel then you'll notice a major difference:

Council-of-Kangs-as-shown-in-Avengers-1983.jpg

They're applauding and congratulating the newest recruit. It's an assembly of scholars and conquerors for God's sake. Why the Hell are the Klawngs jumping around and shouting like a bunch of hooligans high on meth? Kang is easy to understand; he's the future version of a British aristocrat LARPing as an Antiquity Conqueror, that's it. That's all there is to it. You need someone with gravitas who can also be a smug dick. That's why Kang should've been played by someone like Bale and/or Law, McGregor, and the rest, with Immortus being Charles Dance. That's literally what Kang is. Not whatever unholy nonsense they're delivering here.

With every single new second I see of him, the more I hate him. I ended up warming up to Manletmor, but this guy I genuinely and utterly loathe.
I think your issue is more with the writing/directing than the actor himself, he’s a really good actor, but they can really only do what they’re told to do under the Mouses iron fist.

Never read one comic with Kang. But Majors is a good actor and can do menace. I'll get the figure, see the films, but I wouldn't run him over in traffic or anything 🤣🤣🤣

Cool your jets, Victor, because this is looking like another thread that needs locking.
Why? I can't express my dissatisfaction with an actor? I'm bringing up line delivery, intonation, facial expressions, mannerisms; literally the things we judge a performance by. I don't see what else I can do. The Post-Credits Scene is straight out of a footie match before the two gangs pile on top of each other.

Say you simply don't like something, and it's vague and unsupported and thus biased and of no worth; easily discarded and thrown in the pile of "salty hater". Say exactly why you don't like something, and the Hollywood actor's fee-fees will be hurt. You just can't win!

Ah, whatever, I've said what I wanted to say. Catch my rant next time he appears, so... Loki S2, around the Summer. Same Rant Time, Same Rant Channel!

Why? I can't express my dissatisfaction with an actor? I'm bringing up line delivery, intonation, facial expressions, mannerisms; literally the things we judge a performance by. I don't see what else I can do. The Post-Credits Scene is straight out of a footie match before the two gangs pile on top of each other.

Say you simply don't like something, and it's vague and unsupported and thus biased and of no worth; easily discarded and thrown in the pile of "salty hater". Say exactly why you don't like something, and the Hollywood actor's fee-fees will be hurt. You just can't win!

Ah, whatever, I've said what I wanted to say. Catch my rant next time he appears, so... Loki S2, around the Summer. Same Rant Time, Same Rant Channel!

It can be done without the hysterics and insults.

Indeed.

Let me just leave this here...

Code of Conduct

We promote the idea of lively debate. This means you are free to disagree with anyone on any type of subject matter as long as your criticism is constructive and polite. We don't want to inhibit humor, snark, or enforce strict PC rules, but think about how your words will be taken by other members.

Community forums are at their best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner when participating in these forums. Remember, that your opinion is not a fact and repeating the same criticism over and over again is unlikely to change anyone else’s mind. Think about how your post comes across to readers and be mindful of how you’d like others to respond before you post. The guidelines and rules listed below explain what behavior is expected of you and what behavior you can expect from other community members. Note that the following guidelines are not exhaustive, and may not address all manner of offensive behavior. As such, the forum moderators shall have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate. Your access to these forums is a "privilege," and not a "right." Collectorfreaks.com reserves the right to suspend your access to these forums at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by this code.

Skimming the reviews on rottentomatoes almost every one of them slams the movie for not being funny or fun. I'm confused, hasn't the comedy and quips been one of the number one criticisms against the MCU? But now when a movie introduces a supposedly badass new villain and is more serious it bombs with reviewers?

I wonder if this will be another one where the critics are clueless and the audience score tells the real story.

Skimming the reviews on rottentomatoes almost every one of them slams the movie for not being funny or fun. I'm confused, hasn't the comedy and quips been one of the number one criticisms against the MCU? But now when a movie introduces a supposedly badass new villain and is more serious it bombs with reviewers?

I wonder if this will be another one where the critics are clueless and the audience score tells the real story.
Could be.

It’s all in the execution, of course. I’m reminded of the Thor movies.
Pre-Thor release: “Thor is silly and doesn’t fit in a grounded universe with Iron Man.”
Thor 1: “They took Thor seriously, but made it too grounded.”
Thor 2: “They made it too dark and serious. He needs to lighten up.”
Thor 3: “Yes! This is silly and funny!”
Thor 4: “This is too silly! Stop! Go back!”

uncut-gems-disagree.gif

Analogies and exaggerated insults are all the fun, especially when they're true...

Alas, I shall comply. I can't get banned and deprive you lot of my ingenious takes on pop culture. What would you poor saps do then?

Besides, I have to go find ways to insult the Adam Warlock guy now...

Feast your eyes:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think they're just ******* with us at this point. This is the worst acting I've seen in my life, and I'm counting telenovelas.

I have literally no idea what they're thinking.

Holy hell.... :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

That is some of the WORST acting I have ever seen... It's a good thing I wasn't drinking something at the time as I would've just spit it all over my laptop.. I literally laughed out loud.

How can any one defend that and say he is a good actor??? How? And the reviewers saying he is great as Kang in the movie? :cuckoo::duh

Holy hell.... :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

That is some of the WORST acting I have ever seen... It's a good thing I wasn't drinking something at the time as I would've just spit it all over my laptop.. I literally laughed out loud.

How can any one defend that and say he is a good actor??? How? And the reviewers saying he is great as Kang in the movie? :cuckoo::duh
What, you didn't get hyped and immersed by a bunch of morons jumping around and screaming as if they were 14 YO girls on the line to get [insert handsome heartthrob actor]'s autograph? Boy, better check your standards!

He's being pushed in general, just part of the package I suppose. Flavour of the Month and all that jazz. Either way, he's the worst actor I've seen in ages. No presence, no charisma, no basic understanding of recitation or harmonious balance between mannerisms and delivery. Just absolutely dreadful in every single way.

When will people realize the MCU ended with ENDgame... as intended.
Nothing is over until I get Doom being cool on the big screen.

If you read the reviews, even the ones that are rated as fresh still slam the movie...

Though visually impressive, this latest entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe lacks narrative heft and coherence, leaving audiences dazzled yet underwhelmed.
How in the world does a review like that say it's "Fresh".... :dunno

And they make up their own rating scale.. out of 3, out 4, out 5, out of 10.... Some 3/5 a 60 say fresh and some say rotten... Rotten Tomatoes is such a joke...

These certified critics & shills are terrified of Disney ruining them... :lol

But most readers just look at the total % and don't even bother reading any actual comments/reviews before saying it's getting review bombed.. Can't wait to see the audience scores.

Back