1/6 Hot Toys Luke Skywalker - Dark Empire (Legends)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got this from him waaaay back in 2007-2008 or so. He's in storage right now. and this picture doesn't have the lightsaber that Hurricane made, as he took this photo, and had not made the hilt yet.

Is hurricane still around? anyone know? View attachment 700849
My brain instantly recognized that as a toy Mark Hamill. This new artisan although much better quality, does not :cry:

I stand with the crowd (however small it may be) that the entire premise of this version of Luke, from the book to the look and the figure as ****** fan fiction that became a reality.

I hated it then. I hate it now. Especially the artwork from this. Just didn't jive with me. This lazy kitbash look they gave him with the Count Dracula collar...idk. Nothing about this version of the character is acceptable to me.

And that sculpt is reminecnt of Hasbro continuously trying to free hand their interpretation of Mark Hamill without using his licensed likeness.

The damn thing is a mess from top to bottom imo.

I stand with the crowd (however small it may be) that the entire premise of this version of Luke, from the book to the look and the figure as ****** fan fiction that became a reality.

I hated it then. I hate it now. Especially the artwork from this. Just didn't jive with me. This lazy kitbash look they gave him with the Count Dracula collar...idk. Nothing about this version of the character is acceptable to me.
So you’re skipping the artisan version I assume?

each time they put me super far away,this is just not fair
1714766480384.png

Attachments

• 1714766444041.png
    1714766444041.png
    508.1 KB · Views: 1

And that sculpt is reminecnt of Hasbro continuously trying to free hand their interpretation of Mark Hamill without using his licensed likeness.

The damn thing is a mess from top to bottom imo.

To be fair, any story not created or told directly by George Lucas was essentially fan fiction that was labeled as ‘official’ by Lucasarts, books or whoever was publishing or producing these things. It’s up to the consumer to deem what is ‘THEIR’ canon 😅 (like myself, I refuse to accept the sequels as canon, the saga ended at EP6 for me)

I never took any of the EU seriously even back then when many considered it “official”. However it was entertaining for the most part.

As for the artwork…yeah I can see how some couldn’t get behind it. If not for nothing, it did stand out from the crowd and was unique.

Not gonna lie, if they used the Mando Luke portrait instead of ‘not-SebastianStan’, I probably would’ve PO’d it.

If I really want a Dark Empire Luke, I’ll just wait for this to release and buy the body/outfit off eBay, slap the mando sculpt on it and boom, DE non canon Luke 😁

Back