Marvel's Antman and the Wasp: Quantumania

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit, Victor's reaction was the first thing that came to mind after watching the trailer :lol
This will be another Disney+ evening for me. I really liked the first one, the second was a mess. Never watched either of them again.

How does @Victοr feel? Kang doesn't seem like a clown here.
Nah, he just look like he has a melting face...

KANG.png

DX019 Bale head here I come...

I have to admit, Victor's reaction was the first thing that came to mind after watching the trailer :lol
This will be another Disney+ evening for me. I really liked the first one, the second was a mess. Never watched either of them again.
Behold then, my O P I N I O N (which is fact, because my taste is superior):

03c387c9-3530-412c-970e-1c3e4a388289_text.gif

Same. This movie and characters mean less than nothing to me. Only reason I even clicked "play" on the trailer was because of the rantings of our Victor over the last year or so.

Full disclosure: I never liked Kang at all. His Secret Wars figure was pretty lame and I never read any comics he was in that he did anything cool. Like I said in another thread, all of the characters Victor is passionate about were the ones I had zero interest in, so it's been fascinating for me to see a big fan of these characters go ballistic as Disney continues to screw them up.

Lets not pretend it looks worse than this. Most comic designs look crap, you’re all just blinded by nostalgia :lol

0AF6D30E-B822-45E7-9FC3-9D785EB301BB.jpeg

Well he looks fine. I don’t know much about kang tho. Saw him in an episode of emh once and he seemed strong. I think he was a fox character once aswell so I’m glad marvel is using a heavy hitter. Wonder when galactus will appear.

Just came here for Victor's opinion of Kang
2f367132-d3e5-4f1f-b469-6f9bc193ffae_text.gif

Same. This movie and characters mean less than nothing to me. Only reason I even clicked "play" on the trailer was because of the rantings of our Victor over the last year or so.

Full disclosure: I never liked Kang at all. His Secret Wars figure was pretty lame and I never read any comics he was in that he did anything cool. Like I said in another thread, all of the characters Victor is passionate about were the ones I had zero interest in, so it's been fascinating for me to see a big fan of these characters go ballistic as Disney continues to screw them up.
Time Travelling Conqueror is just a cool hook. Same way I used to be big into Doctor Who. But if you sit down and examine Kang he's kind of a dork. He's some random schmuck who randomly finds out he's related to both Reed and Doom, then on his first expedition finds Doom's Time Machine, then he uses it to do all of his nonsense. He claims to seek a challenge and adventure, but he's still struggling with a bunch of cavemen when he's supposedly conquered much more advanced civilizations and beings. Then you add all the convulted trashfires that come with time travel stories and serials that run for 60 years, and when you get down to it, Kang's more like a plot device than a character. However, he has just enough character and pathos in there to stand out from all the other extremelly generic conquerors. The convulted timelines and multiple identities add to the charm. In the end, a long time ago I understood that I didn't really like many comic characters as they were, but moreso I liked a core concept and then loved the image of them I built in my head. That's why I want the dolls; when I own the physical representation, then the backstory can be anything I want. I'd be hard pressed to find any characters I like completely as is, without my own headcanons and fanfics. Most of my likes come down to how aesthetically pleasing I find them.

Whats wrong with Kang's design? It pays homage to the comics. If they veered way off the comic, people would also complain. Complain complain complain.
Kang's mask is supposed to be advanced liquid metal. The guy just looks painted blue. Also, they added a lot of needless and generic Sci-Fi lights and whatnot everywhere, which mess up the design. He's too plastic now. The whole point of Kang is that he's a futuristic take on an antiquated sense of style. That's lost now. I also just don't like the actor. He looks goofy and ugly (it's honestly the nose; he's got good bone structure but that nose is 50% his face and I can't get past it; it's like I'm looking at a realistic Dreamworks face), and his "Kang face" is offending my eyes. Kang should've been a Bale, Mark Strong, Jude Law type, with Charles Dance as Immortus. Best thing I can say is that at least he worked out, roided out as he may be, unlike Manletmor and his flabs...

Also, what's wrong with complaining? What, should we all just slop up whatever's offered because the poor millionaire executives will get sad when I call them greedy morons, or will the millionaire actors have to go binge drink themselves to death when I call them ugly talentless hacks? We're grown men on a forum about 300$+ dolls. Few people have less dignity than us. I'll complain until the bitter end.
Lets not pretend it looks worse than this. Most comic designs look crap, you’re all just blinded by nostalgia :lol

View attachment 604434
The thigh high boots are missing. The purple's darkened. The helmet is too bulky. The face is ugly. Classic Kang had soul. MCKang is just generic.

2c6655782eb30d94ba8251b07b09d7d5.jpg

Kang should look like a futuristic Aurelian. He needs class and proper clothing, not to be shiny and "space-y" all over.

jason-pastrana-mask-kane.jpg

When I'm God Emperor Of Mankind I'll make movies based on nonsensical men in tights the way they were meant to be made. And no goddamn Hollywood execs will stop me.

Last edited:
He looks goofy and ugly (it's honestly the nose; he's got good bone structure but that nose is 50% his face and I can't get past it; it's like I'm looking at a realistic Dreamworks face)

IMG_20221026_122511.jpg

Now, @Victοr is on board.

Unironically he looks better. Shave that beard, get him nose surgery for that severe case of Dreamworks face, and I'll decrease my ranting by a whooping 30%! Also, drop the short cut. Kang's supposed to mix the old with the new. Some buzzcut isn't going to cut it. He needs something more. Give him those Velaryon dreads.

https%3A%2F%2Fwinteriscoming.net%2Ffiles%2Fimage-exchange%2F2022%2F09%2Fie_93062-850x560.jpeg

Then drop all the techy, nonsensical bits from the costume and rework the awful helmet. Then don't paint him just a light blue, but make it look like liquid metal. Then I shall give him another chance. If my demands are not met, I shall continue hounding the many boards I frequent and spewing my bile as a TRVE COMIC FANATIC!

I also just don't like the actor. He looks goofy and ugly (it's honestly the nose; he's got good bone structure but that nose is 50% his face and I can't get past it; it's like I'm looking at a realistic Dreamworks face), and his "Kang face" is offending my eyes.
Well, I'm glad you said it.... :lol

Cause I've had the exact same thoughts since I saw photos/videos of how Kang looked in Loki. My eyes are just drawn to that big ole honker....

Well, I'm glad you said it.... :lol

Cause I've had the exact same thoughts since I saw photos/videos of how Kang looked in Loki. My eyes are just drawn to that big ole honker....
Someone has to stand against the current of an increasingly ignorant society, and speak the truth concerning the important issues of our age. Alas, it falls to me to act as that beacon of light, illuminating the plebeians everywhere with my educated and factually correct opinions. With all of that said and written

CLOWN KANG IS GOOFY, AND HIS BLUE FACE IS UGLY!

sub-buzz-1334-1665516401-2.png

Back