Marvel's Antman and the Wasp: Quantumania

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big baby head
If anything warped versions of normal/non-threatening things can be even more unnerving. He's literally a sadistic supergenius who looks like a giant head on spider legs and is filled with weird cybernetic parts. How is that not terrifying in theory? By this logic Michael and Jason and all those guys are a bunch of morons in literal clothes. Yet slashers are a beloved genre. MODOK's got a lot of potential.

If anything warped versions of normal/non-threatening things can be even more unnerving. He's literally a sadistic supergenius who looks like a giant head on spider legs and is filled with weird cybernetic parts. How is that not terrifying in theory? By this logic Michael and Jason and all those guys are a bunch of morons in literal clothes. Yet slashers are a beloved genre. MODOK's got a lot of potential.
A guy in a mask is a bit different from a man baby with a giant head.

I just don't like him, and I doubt another ****** Ant-Man film will change that.

darth has made more than enough of a compelling case why it would work you are just being difficult now lol
I just don't like the character lol, I think he looks dumb in every iteration, not my cup of tea.

Not saying nobody else can like him, am I?

There are plenty of Marvel characters I just simply don't like.

Starting to look like this might be a crazy movie like DS:MoM at this point. Ant-Man and Wasp has to have a team up with one or more Avengers.

Tbh I've always hated MODOK too. BUT if there is any weight to those Jim Carrey rumors. Well, I don't think I'd hate him so much anymore. He may be the ONLY person who would make me enjoy MODOK.

Everyone wants a piece of the MCU sheesh
Yeah heh it's always funny seeing headlines like "so-and-so D list TV actor says they'd love to play X" articles. Like uh yeah, no **** someone wants to be a part of a billion dollar franchise with job security.

Last edited:
A guy in a mask is a bit different from a man baby with a giant head.

I just don't like him, and I doubt another ****** Ant-Man film will change that.
Eh, your opinion. MODOK's definitely unnerving, you not being able to get past the cartoon iteration is personal, and I get it, but it's not objective fact. Typing "big baby head lol" again doesn't count for anything. And no, Michael and Jason and all those slashers are literally guys in masks carying a knife. There's nothing inherently scary about them, the movies just made them so. How some retard with a kitchen knife is the definition of terror, but a malformed sadistic supergenius cybercorpse isn't, is beyond me. But I get it, tastes and all.

RE Murray: He's in it, confirmed at that, but I think he'll just play Scott's dad or something. It'd be neat if he was an older Kang Variant, he fits the role more, but alas...

Eh, your opinion. MODOK's definitely unnerving, you not being able to get past the cartoon iteration is personal, and I get it, but it's not objective fact. Typing "big baby head lol" again doesn't count for anything. And no, Michael and Jason and all those slashers are literally guys in masks carying a knife. There's nothing inherently scary about them, the movies just made them so. How some retard with a kitchen knife is the definition of terror, but a malformed sadistic supergenius cybercorpse isn't, is beyond me. But I get it, tastes and all.

RE Murray: He's in it, confirmed at that, but I think he'll just play Scott's dad or something. It'd be neat if he was an older Kang Variant, he fits the role more, but alas...
I don’t like horror anyway so I agree with you there

If you have seen the two previous Ant-Man movies, you know everything you get will be dumb and silly.

I don’t like horror anyway so I agree with you there
Eh, it depends for me. It's slashers that I find boring. I've seen some, but I don't get them. I find supernatural stuff more scary, anything that has to do with space I subconsciously treat as any other SF film. Same with serial killers and the such, they're just crime thrillers for me.

If you have seen the two previous Ant-Man movies, you know everything you get will be dumb and silly.
That's a fair point and it's what will most likely happen. I'm just saying that MODOK, on paper, is a pretty terrifying villain. "Stupid" in the sense of what he is sure, but the design and core concept aren't bad.

Eh, it depends for me. It's slashers that I find boring. I've seen some, but I don't get them. I find supernatural stuff more scary, anything that has to do with space I subconsciously treat as any other SF film. Same with serial killers and the such, they're just crime thrillers for me.

That's a fair point and it's what will most likely happen. I'm just saying that MODOK, on paper, is a pretty terrifying villain. "Stupid" in the sense of what he is sure, but the design and core concept aren't bad.
Lol I’m the Opposite I love the slasher stuff cause it’s fun and cheesy. The supernatural stuff can be good but it’s mostly tired and cliche with the same trope over and over. Space horror is always intriguing

Lol I’m the Opposite I love the slasher stuff cause it’s fun and cheesy. The supernatural stuff can be good but it’s mostly tired and cliche with the same trope over and over. Space horror is always intriguing
Hell yeah. Love slashers, but movies like Event Horizon, Pandorum, Underwater, The Void - now that's the stuff that blows my skirt up these days

I get the basic appeal, but I tire of them easily. I never really got into them anyhow. Supernatural stuff genuinely scare me, they're the kind I still am not able to shrug off. Mostly the devil/ghost ones, not vampires and the such. They can get repetitive, true, but I'm mostly commenting on which kind of horror affects me the most. Space stuff, like I said, are just Sci-Fi for me, I don't see them as scary movies subconsciously so they don't bother me.

Apparently MODOK is gonna be played by the Yellowjacket actor from The Strain.

Back