Marvel Studios' The Eternals (November 6th, 2020)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sb84g31.jpg

I'm hoping for good things with this movie, but based on the cast, the story we know of so far and other factors, I'm not sure I'm going to like it. Same as I knew I wouldn't care much for Capt Marvel.

I'm hoping for good things with this movie, but based on the cast, the story we know of so far and other factors, I'm not sure I'm going to like it. Same as I knew I wouldn't care much for Capt Marvel.

I have GOT/uber power fatigue/spandex fatigue at moment. Much clinging Spandex I see. Also the very real question that comes up as to why, if these uber-powered were around, they did never did anything.

But this is all very good IMO; got to be around for 10-year MCU; so being able to just kick back and enjoy is cool. After all, this is the beginning of re-tooling the X-men.

Prediction: story/cgi > any characters

I'm actually looking forward to this film. Having said that, I don't like Ikari's (guy in the middle in blue) costume and hair. He looks a bit bland and generic, like The Winter Soldier with the short hair and no mask. :(

Hopefully they don't nerf him too much in the movie. He should be as powerful as Captain Marvel, if not more powerful, but then again, he's a man, so they'll probably make the little girl there that's actually a boy in the comics the most powerful and smartest of all. :lol

Nothing about this movie is grabbing me. I'm not familiar with the characters from the comics, so I'm sure that's the majority of the problem...

People said the same thing about Guardians Of The Galaxy. I'm not about to dismiss a Marvel project out of hand.

Agreed, but I just don't find anything interesting about any of these characters. We haven't seen Black Knight yet. I think the story and cinematography will be pretty good. Sounds like a large time spanning film that will fill in a lot of lore from possibly the creation of time.

I was somewhat familiar with the raccoon and tree . I have no idea who these dudes are

Yeah, I was out of town browsing at a comic shop about 6 months prior to GoTG coming out and the shop owner gave me a recommendation of a Guardians comic run to read. Being familiar with the characters was nice. I'm curious if there's a particular Eternals run that might be a good introduction to their story. There looks to be quite the roster of characters so we might need to read several different runs.

Hey Jye, any recommendations?

Back