Marvel Studios' The Eternals (November 6th, 2020)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, that Ang Lee Hulk movie suuuuucked. I couldn't even finish it.

But it did produce one of my very favorite Hulk collectables.

Remember when Toy Biz did those BIG rotocast figures that were poseable? The Hulk even had cloth shorts. There was an angry face and a regular face. I liked the regular face version.

When I had a big purge of figure around 2006 or so, I sold a lot of stuff, and the only ones I regret were a few of the original Marvel Legends. But I held on to that Hulk figure. Still have it. So cool.

TOYBIZ-2003-Marvel-INCREDIBLE-HULK-Pose-able-Rotocast-13.jpg

Man, that Ang Lee Hulk movie suuuuucked. I couldn't even finish it.

But it did produce one of my very favorite Hulk collectables.

Remember when Toy Biz did those BIG rotocast figures that were poseable? The Hulk even had cloth shorts. There was an angry face and a regular face. I liked the regular face version.

When I had a big purge of figure around 2006 or so, I sold a lot of stuff, and the only ones I regret were a few of the original Marvel Legends. But I held on to that Hulk figure. Still have it. So cool.

View attachment 535823
Yup he was indeed awesome great choice to keep.

Tony and Cap, they're humans, so they're already exceeding all expectations just by not getting killed in battle.
Yeah both EG Wanda and IW Thor have moments where you realize that they could have beaten Thanos singlehandedly had circumstances just been slightly different. Cap never emerges as a one on one victor over Thanos, he gets taken out with a single punch in IW and is never able to fully subdue him in EG. But the Russos give him such awesome moments in both films (temporarily preventing the glove from closing in IW, Mjolnir in EG) that you almost don't notice that he loses both times, lol.

Woody: "Cap's winning, Cap's winning!"

Buzz: "He isn't winning he's losing...with style."

Yeah both EG Wanda and IW Thor have moments where you realize that they could have beaten Thanos singlehandedly had circumstances just been slightly different. Cap never emerges as a one on one victor over Thanos, he gets taken out with a single punch in IW and is never able to fully subdue him in EG. But the Russos give him such awesome moments in both films (temporarily preventing the glove from closing in IW, Mjolnir in EG) that you almost don't notice that he loses both times, lol.

Woody: "Cap's winning, Cap's winning!"

Buzz: "He isn't winning he's losing...with style."
LOL

See for me what I see not being mentioned and what is more important for me is not that he physically lost a battle with Thanos it was his will to stand up to him against all odds is what mattered and impressed me the most.

Meanwhile in Ohio we have another super soldier…

1629898882162.gif

LOL

See for me what I see not being mentioned and what is more important for me is not that he physically lost a battle with Thanos it was his will to stand up to him against all odds is what mattered and impressed me the most.

Meanwhile in Ohio we have another super soldier…

View attachment 535837
:lol :lol

But yeah if you take the "assemble" moment where Cap and Thanos stand across the battlefield each about to lead their own army into battle then yes Cap was indeed the overall victor. Or like you said just the fact that Thanos couldn't take down this one single human who was able to stand alone against him really is Cap succeeding to do what he does best.

Lol at Ohio, meanwhile the Eternals are watching Thanos get ready to complete the final snap that will eradicate all life in the universe:

barack-obama-shrug.gif

:lol :lol

But yeah if you take the "assemble" moment where Cap and Thanos stand across the battlefield each about to lead their own army into battle then yes Cap was indeed the overall victor. Or like you said just the fact that Thanos couldn't take down this one single human who was able to stand alone against him really is Cap succeeding to do what he does best.

Lol at Ohio, meanwhile the Eternals are watching Thanos get ready to complete the final snap that will eradicate all life in the universe:

barack-obama-shrug.gif
:lol:lol:lol

Eternals just got off the phone with Biden time to pull out again lol

Now remember Cap was definitely going to die had the calvary not arrived.

Well they did set him up to have this epic scene where he bursts out of the Hulkbuster so they couldn't have been totally against toxic male aggression or whatever. I think their biggest sin might have ended up just being simple indifference toward the character which may even make it worse for Hulk fans.

Didn't y'all understand the whole "taco" bit in Endgame with Hulk -- the ultimate toxic male icon offering a "taco" to, of all characters, "Ant" (as in small) Man?

Do you know what a pink taco is?

I had interest for this because of Black Knight until I found out it was that goof from GoT. Then I found out Dan Stevens is Kro, so I may have to watch at some point - that guy is great.

Back