Marvel Studios' The Eternals (November 6th, 2020)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep in mind that Hulk was in no condition to fight Thanos after the damage he took from the gauntlet while undoing the snap. That entire scene would have needed to be rewritten with probably Thor performing the snap instead and subsequently being out of commission. Cap's Mjolnir scene would have been decidedly less impactful without Thor's reaction. Thanks, but I'm just fine with how that played out.
Not at all. All they had to do has just not have Bruce be nerfed for the entire fight like they did. Have his arm fried from the snap but then when Thanos blasts the complex have a fully healed Savage Hulk burst out with all the other Avengers.

If I and others can think of simple solutions in 30 seconds then I'm sure the actual writers could have come up with even more scenarios with weeks and months of advance planning.

Am I fine with how it played out? Of course but that's because I'm a Captain America fan and EG specifically catered to Cap and Iron Man fans. I just wish that diehard fans of some of the other characters could have had similar levels of fun. I don't think I've seen a single diehard Hulk fan say that they were "just fine" with how things played out, and I sympathize for them.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that Hulk was in no condition to fight Thanos after the damage he took from the gauntlet while undoing the snap. That entire scene would have needed to be rewritten with probably Thor performing the snap instead and subsequently being out of commission. Cap's Mjolnir scene would have been decidedly less impactful without Thor's reaction. Thanks, but I'm just fine with how that played out.

Professor Hulk shouldn't have been in the final battle to begin with. Ideally, I would have had professor Hulk revert back to full Hulk in the final battle, just like Scarlet Witch got angry when she saw Thanos, the real Hulk could have "woken" up, and his arm would have regenerated. He was already frustrated about not being able to bring back Black Widow, so the motivation and anger was established, not to mention his humiliating defeat and refusal to come out in IW. As for the fight, he just needed to land a few punches on Thanos, maybe pummel him into the ground, and as Khev said, have something or someone separate them. The point of it all is not for Hulk to beat Thanos singlehandedly, but instead to show that angry Hulk is no pushover and to restore his image a bit on the biggest and most viewed stage.

I think the idea would be that Hulk would still snap, but instead of getting wrecked by the energy displaced, he'd get jacked up by all of that extra gamma radiation and go Savage again. In that case, Khev's idea would work out.
You'd have to come up with a way to keep him buried under the rubble of the building for just as long so he wouldn't be part of the fight until the portals scene, but it could be done, though I will concede it becomes more challenging.
Just to be transparent, Endgame is my favorite film of all-time, so I wouldn't make any changes, either. But, being a huge Hulk fan, I wouldn't have minded seeing him kick the piss out of some people during the final battle.
I hope that makes sense.

I like the idea of Savage Hulk coming out in the final battle. Could've replaced Antman's giant man saving Rhody and Rocket with that. I also like the idea of talking about Endgame in the Eternals thread...because that movie looks like it's gonna blow :)

I think the idea would be that Hulk would still snap, but instead of getting wrecked by the energy displaced, he'd get jacked up by all of that extra gamma radiation and go Savage again. In that case, Khev's idea would work out.
You'd have to come up with a way to keep him buried under the rubble of the building for just as long so he wouldn't be part of the fight until the portals scene, but it could be done, though I will concede it becomes more challenging.
Just to be transparent, Endgame is my favorite film of all-time, so I wouldn't make any changes, either. But, being a huge Hulk fan, I wouldn't have minded seeing him kick the piss out of some people during the final battle.
I hope that makes sense.
It was definitely one of my top all-time cinematic experiences, no question. I just wish I wasn't so frustrated with the inexplicably cropped home release. The Russos Bros publicly stated that they actively campaigned for months to get the IMAX aspect ratio on the home release but that it was "an IMAX decision" for it not to. That makes absolutely no sense to me. At the very least I'm sure they could have given it some non-exact IMAX ratio to fill in the screen more. Hell 2012 Avengers displays at the proper 16:9 at home and that had nothing to do with IMAX. I don't get why they can't just display it that way as literally thousands of films share that ratio both in theaters and at home.

I like the idea of Savage Hulk coming out in the final battle. Could've replaced Antman's giant man saving Rhody and Rocket with that. I also like the idea of talking about Endgame in the Eternals thread...because that movie looks like it's gonna blow :)
You got ED Hulk instead.

I hope that makes sense.
OK, now that's an elegant solution which IMO makes more sense than him getting mad and instantly healing (because why, he was finally pissed off enough?). Especially given how Bruce prefaced his snap with the whole "the energy is mostly gamma and it's like I was made for this" line. Of course they'd now have to keep CM busy doing something else, but having her stay airborne and taking down several of the larger Chitauri ships would accomplish that.

You will hear Oscars talk I'm sure. The Shang-Chi reviews are already eye-rolling.
Now I gotta go look, hadn't paid much attention to Shang-Chi, didn't think much of the trailers. Seemed like every other martial arts movie.

It was definitely one of my top all-time cinematic experiences, no question. I just wish I wasn't so frustrated with the inexplicably cropped home release. The Russos Bros publicly stated that they actively campaigned for months to get the IMAX aspect ratio on the home release but that it was "an IMAX decision" for it not to. That makes absolutely no sense to me. At the very least I'm sure they could have given it some non-exact IMAX ratio to fill in the screen more. Hell 2012 Avengers displays at the proper 16:9 at home and that had nothing to do with IMAX. I don't get why they can't just display it that way as literally thousands of films share that ratio both in theaters and at home.
Even Snyder got his 1:33:1 :slap

JU8Kw92.png

E8X3ol7.png

TCN5hb7.png

5b2iuTH.png

XL4QoQK.png

zjDrQrV.png

0PVytJ0.png

QWtmn4O.png

SQtuHEW.png

z9hw4m6.png

Xecz58O.png

TkO637H.png

But would we want to see Hulk get beat by Thanos again, because that is what ultimately would've had to happen in that scene.
I, too, would've much rather seen Hulk get another shot at Thanos, and agree that he could've taken Captain Marvel's place (bringing down the ship was more than enough for her). But you have to realize that he would've had to lose. Again.
I would've been more than satisfied if Bruce had reverted to his Savage Hulk form due to all of the gamma radiation given off by his snap. He could've then lay waste to a bunch of bad guys in the final battle. Even if he doesn't get a rematch with Thanos, at least he would've done something in the fight.
The others have already answered this but I would add that even if you did have to show Hulk losing again - so what - Cap, Thor and Iron Man also all lost again. Only Tony's snap ultimately vanquished Thanos.

The others have already answered this but I would add that even if you did have to show Hulk losing again - so what - Cap, Thor and Iron Man also all lost again.
Hulk shouldn't lose to Thanos twice.

First of all, Thor has several wins on his record, including nearly killing Thanos in IW. He also decapitated Thanos later on. Thor also beat Surtur, Hulk, and gave Hella a good fight in Ragnarock. He's got a winning record, plus all his feats of power in countless battles that we've seen. It's all a matter of perception.

Tony and Cap, they're humans, so they're already exceeding all expectations just by not getting killed in battle. Even Tony/Iron Man got a win over Hulk when KO'd him in Age of Ultron. :LOL:

Only Tony's snap ultimately vanquished Thanos.

Of course, there's that too, he got the ultimate win over Thanos. Cap got some moments against Thanos too in the final battle when he was able to pick up the hammer, which Hulk also failed to do in the first Avengers film. :lol

It's a series of failures for Hulk that diminishes the character, imo. It's not just his depiction in IW/EG, although that was the ultimate humiliation , almost as if they hated the character so much that they completely got rid of it. He was a taco eating hipster than was embarrassed to see his former self when he time traveled, like some kind of woke Millenial. He peaked in the first Avengers film when he beat Loki. That was his last great moment as HULK.

She Hulk is going to kick his ass too. You'll see, female power...and all that crap. I can just see it. Some villain will show up and "hulk" will get beat up until She Hulk comes to the rescue.

I don't know why the Russo bros hate Hulk. I can understand why Feige might have something against him, because they have to share the rights with some other studio, but the Russo bros, I don't get?

Very well, we shall default to Khev's solution. As happened with Wanda V Thanos, there would be an intervention to prevent what might have been a good guy victory.
I'm over it. I've moved on.

I will always have Ferrigno Hulk, the Avengers version, and the 2008 Hulk that was kind of handsome for some reason.

Rlxyq3q.gif

Back