LIMTOYS - Nathan 1/6 scale collectible figure (Uncharted 4)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely want this figure to be released on time, but I also don't want it to be a piece of crap riddled with QC issues like Sideshows Clone Wars figures were.

If it's delayed a bit in order to ensure a quality product that's fine. But I also don't want to wait years for it either.

OK you guys are right. I would rather have the time and care taken Into creating this fabulous figure. I just hope it doesn't get delayed and we won't have too long of a wait :pray:

People fail to mention delays for those figures happened because they were completely remade too, in Connor's case we're still working with the old factory to fix the molds but it's pretty much fixed now. Joel and Ellie were completely redone too, Ellie's body required lengthy R&D and many production shifts.

Nate is not being completely remade, minor things are being tweaked and accessories are being added so he won't release 5 years later tho I'm sure some people would love if it did. Like any of LIM's figures he is a work of passion by people that love the franchise so making sure he is the best figure possible will always take precedence over releasing it early or on time to please people who just want a shiny new toy.

In any case the final product will speak for itself, even with all the delays of previous LIM figures one thing is always certain there's tons of people (many who insulted and vouched to never buy a LIM product again) coming out of the woodwork asking where they can get them.

People fail to mention delays for those figures happened because they were completely remade too, in Connor's case we're still working with the old factory to fix the molds but it's pretty much fixed now. Joel and Ellie were completely redone too, Ellie's body required lengthy R&D and many production shifts.

Nate is not being completely remade, minor things are being tweaked and accessories are being added so he won't release 5 years later tho I'm sure some people would love if it did. Like any of LIM's figures he is a work of passion by people that love the franchise so making sure he is the best figure possible will always take precedence over releasing it early or on time to please people who just want a shiny new toy.

In any case the final product will speak for itself, even with all the delays of previous LIM figures one thing is always certain there's tons of people (many who insulted and vouched to never buy a LIM product again) coming out of the woodwork asking where they can get them.

I think what you’re saying is a bit unfair. People didn’t know what was going on, these updates about the factory etc. are pretty recent knowledge. I think the switch of factory was briefly mentioned once a long time ago. But I dont think any of us expected it to have as much impact on the release dates of the figures as it has.

Before your most recent update the people were in the dark and it felt like these figures were never coming. If you’re not in the Lim facebookgroup it would seem as if Lim is announcing and releasing all these new figures while your loyal customers have been waiting for years for figures that were announced ages ago.

I won’t deny that I and others have been sceptical of Lim and have been jabbing at you for more information by making snarky comments. But only because there was no information to find anywhere except for “its coming Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 etc.” 4-5 years is a long wait to ask from your customers.

That being said. It’s nice to know you guys have been working very hard on getting these figures out. And I can imagine all the complications with the factory were frustrating. So I agree that you guys deserve some slack from us now that the situation has been cleared up. And please take your time to get us the best possible end result.

I don’t think any of us here want to see Limtoys fall. In the contrary. We are worried because we are so passionate about these figures. That’s why we are still here.

I know it’s not my place but I would suggest posting an update on your public Facebook page (not the group) about Connor. Explaining that it is still very much in development. That way it’s somewhere everyone can see it. I think that’s the least you can do for the people who have been waiting so long.

I think what you’re saying is a bit unfair. People didn’t know what was going on, these updates about the factory etc. are pretty recent knowledge. I think the switch of factory was briefly mentioned once a long time ago. But I dont think any of us expected it to have as much impact on the release dates of the figures as it has.

Before your most recent update the people were in the dark and it felt like these figures were never coming. If you’re not in the Lim facebookgroup it would seem as if Lim is announcing and releasing all these new figures while your loyal customers have been waiting for years for figures that were announced ages ago.

I won’t deny that I and others have been sceptical of Lim and have been jabbing at you for more information by making snarky comments. But only because there was no information to find anywhere except for “its coming Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 etc.” 4-5 years is a long wait to ask from your customers.

That being said. It’s nice to know you guys have been working very hard on getting these figures out. And I can imagine all the complications with the factory were frustrating. So I agree that you guys deserve some slack from us now that the situation has been cleared up. And please take your time to get us the best possible end result.

I don’t think any of us here want to see Limtoys fall. In the contrary. We are worried because we are so passionate about these figures. That’s why we are still here.

I know it’s not my place but I would suggest posting an update on your public Facebook page (not the group) about Connor. Explaining that it is still very much in development. That way it’s somewhere everyone can see it. I think that’s the least you can do for the people who have been waiting so long.
I was an active member on here for 3 years giving constant updates on all the products and talking with people, sharing info many other companies would not even entertain the idea of sharing. The reason I stopped was because I was treated like I never did so why should I keep sharing sensitive information with people that will call that info "excuses" and whatnot?

We'd rather let the final product speak for itself, trust me when I say it's way more frustrating for us than all of you but rest assured we are focused on delivering the best possible product we can and going forward there won't be many delays but if something has to be delayed then it will because we are fans and we will have these figures displayed in our collections too and we don't want something half assed just to say we released it on time.

I was an active member on here for 3 years giving constant updates on all the products and talking with people, sharing info many other companies would not even entertain the idea of sharing. The reason I stopped was because I was treated like I never did so why should I keep sharing sensitive information with people that will call that info "excuses" and whatnot?

We'd rather let the final product speak for itself, trust me when I say it's way more frustrating for us than all of you but rest assured we are focused on delivering the best possible product we can and going forward there won't be many delays but if something has to be delayed then it will because we are fans and we will have these figures displayed in our collections too and we don't want something half assed just to say we released it on time.

I know you were trying your best to give us updates and you were working with the information you had at that time. I know a lot of anger and frustration that was directed towards Limtoys was unrighfully directed towards you when you were only trying to help. And I know you’re not a spokesperson just a passionate employee.

But at the end of the day communication from Limtoys has been frustrating. The Connor thread hasn’t had an update in years and 90% of the updates for the 1/12 Last of us figures for the past two years have been “its coming [insert date]” that date comes around and then we heard nothing for months after and then repeat again and again.

You can’t deny that having to wait double the industry standard for a figure isn’t normal. And it’s something that should be addressed professionally by the company through the proper channels by a spokesperson. Not bits and pieces of information spread around on a random internet forum.

Don’t take it personally please, because this is not on you, you were simply trying your best to inform us. It’s on Lim as a company for not communicating with their clients in my opinion.

Last edited:
I know you were trying your best to give us updates and you were working with the information you had at that time. I know a lot of anger and frustration that was directed towards Limtoys was unrighfully directed towards you when you were only trying to help. And I know you’re not a spokesperson just a passionate employee.

But at the end of the day communication from Limtoys has been frustrating. The Connor thread hasn’t had an update in years and 90% of the updates for the 1/12 Last of us figures for the past two years have been “its coming [insert date]” that date comes around and then we heard nothing for months after and then repeat again and again.

You can’t deny that having to wait double the industry standard for a figure isn’t normal. And it’s something that should be addressed professionally by the company through the proper channels by a spokesperson. Not bits and pieces of information spread around on a random internet forum.

Don’t take it personally please, because this is not on you, you were simply trying your best to inform us. It’s on Lim as a company for not communicating with their clients in my opinion.
The connor thread wasn't updated as often but I still let people know what was going on, the last update I sent was in June letting people know we were still fixing mistakes from the old factory, so saying it "hasn't had an update on years" is false.

I don't deny that and never did, which is why I informed people as to why the delays were so long and why Connor still hasn't released. Keep in mind Connor wasn't just Connor, there's also RK900, two huge bases and tons of accessories that all had to be remade and recast multiple times, that double pack was also sold for a measly $250 so at this point we will be releasing the figures at a loss but at least they will be up to our desired standard.

You are forgetting a key factor here, LIM is unlicensed and so are the figures, constantly updating and sending pictures and having a big social media presence wouldn't be wise, that's why there's a private group and me helping when I can. Besides for a long time third parties never communicated with their costumers and it's only recently that they've opened up more. Even then I can count on one hand the amount of third parties that have the constant communication you desire.

The connor thread wasn't updated as often but I still let people know what was going on, the last update I sent was in June letting people know we were still fixing mistakes from the old factory, so saying it "hasn't had an update on years" is false.

I don't deny that and never did, which is why I informed people as to why the delays were so long and why Connor still hasn't released. Keep in mind Connor wasn't just Connor, there's also RK900, two huge bases and tons of accessories that all had to be remade and recast multiple times, that double pack was also sold for a measly $250 so at this point we will be releasing the figures at a loss but at least they will be up to our desired standard.

You are forgetting a key factor here, LIM is unlicensed and so are the figures, constantly updating and sending pictures and having a big social media presence wouldn't be wise, that's why there's a private group and me helping when I can. Besides for a long time third parties never communicated with their costumers and it's only recently that they've opened up more. Even then I can count on one hand the amount of third parties that have the constant communication you desire.

I think we’ve both made some valid points. And you’re right I didn’t look at it from that angle.

It feels good to discuss this and clear the air a bit because there has been a bit of a negative stigma towards Limtoys for a while now on this forum. And I think all the points you make are very valid reasons as to why things went down the way that they did.

I hope our discussion can ease the minds of the other people who have been sceptical of Lim in the past and are reading along. There’s a bright future coming with a lot of beautiful figures and at the end of the day that’s all that matters.

Now let’s just go back to discussing toys again. ✌🏻

Yes very cool... so when is Connor releasing again? Ok sorry I'll stop. :LOL: In all seriousness, respect to you and the entire team. Can't imagine how difficult things must have been since COVID.

With Lim making Joel having the rotating eyes system, will we get it with Nathan Drake too? He is so expressive, much more than Joel. It will fit the character more and we’ll get more dynamic poses with that. If it’s not getting the rotating eyes, will Lim ever sell an additional head like sickly Arthur? And does any of you interested with Nate getting the rotating eyes?

God I hope not. I absolutely hate those rolling eyeballs.

Regardless of my feelings, I doubt they’d delay production to add those in when there’s already innovation in the seamless wrists. No need to push the figure back when there’s a lot of eyes on this release. I could be wrong of course.

God I hope not. I absolutely hate those rolling eyeballs.

Regardless of my feelings, I doubt they’d delay production to add those in when there’s already innovation in the seamless wrists. No need to push the figure back when there’s a lot of eyes on this release. I could be wrong of course.
Why do you hate them so much? It’s not a feature I see myself using much but I feel like you have to just make sure the eyes are centered right one time and then never touch em again ever. Like what’s the big deal 🤔

With Lim making Joel having the rotating eyes system, will we get it with Nathan Drake too? He is so expressive, much more than Joel. It will fit the character more and we’ll get more dynamic poses with that. If it’s not getting the rotating eyes, will Lim ever sell an additional head like sickly Arthur? And does any of you interested with Nate getting the rotating eyes?
That would be cool to at least release a secondary headsculpt with moving eyes if they weren’t going to incorporate it into the main release. I’d buy it.

Master Team is doing that with their Leon and I believe they also did it with their Ada Wong.

I honestly don’t see what’s so hard about getting the eyes to line up when they’re the separate, individual eye system. The little tool that HT includes with theirs makes it super easy with less chance of breakage and less chance of eyes permanently not aligning if they were toggled with a single joystick.

I don't want a delay on this. Especially not for SERS. While I like the ability to move the eyes, I hate how much of a time suck SERS is. Gimme an improved version of PERS instead. But not on this.

If they wanna do a DLC head with PERS or SERS, that'd be great. I'd get it! As long as it doesn't affect the production of a figure with two already fantastic head sculpts.

There's no reason to severely halt production on this to add SERS to not one but two sculpts, remaking them from scratch in the process. There are additional accessories added to the figure but you'll have to wait and see what those are on release.

Back