JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always happy to see the V8 Oscar India get some love, the eventual BCS Dalton in an aftermarket leather jacket will be right at home~

Yep, that's IMO the best Bond car and Dalton's coolest outfit (probably because of how well he pulled off casual "blending in" clothes, and also because my dad used to dress similarly back in the day).

Thex shot Kara's apartment exteriors (including the tram garage) only two blocks from my home, so The Living Daylights will always hold a very special place in my heart.

Brilliant work so far, Marine Boy! Here's to NTTD revitalizes companies interest in making V8 Aston Martin collectibles. While I wouldn't really need a 1/6, a nice 1:12 or 1:16 release would be a must-have.

Been working on the back end and just about completed the rocket motor mechanism.

am005.jpg

am006.jpg

The number plate is connected to the exhaust nozzle by 2 levers. As the plate is pulled back, the other end of the lever pushes the nozzle outwards. 2 magnets help keep the plate closed and not flap about. Just to add the servo now and a few superbright LEDs for the exhaust.

am008.jpg

am007.jpg

Mr Fung's head goes into the ranking between the Buffy and the mina which in my opinion the Buffy already really blew light speed past. Some of you may know that Daniel Craig got me into the 1/6 game. I may have had almost every one (worth owning) and directed a few of them so I have a visual encyclopedia of his face pretty much baked into my memory at this point . Unlike almost every other superior version released this one did not make me fall out of love with the Buffy leading me to believe we are finally perfecting the quest for one of the most elusive snd evasive likenesses to capture ever. In fact I think the perfect head would have to exist as a combination between the two. Fung's may edge out Buffy on structure and form accuracy ever so slightly but Buffy reigns in sharpness, texture fine detail and realism. The softness is my only real nit on the Fung as both are probably some of the most impressive works of art in collectibles I have ever seen. I felt I hadn't seen the Fung painted quite right yet despite seeing a few of the best of the best paint jobs on it already, which are all stunning in their own ways. What lacked in detail of sculpt to edge the likeness closer I tried to make up in paint, specifically in clever contouring around the cheekbone areas, necessary to age him appropriately and provide a level of structure not there in the inherent sculpt.

JAMES BOND

Head: Mr. Don Fung
Paint : Me
Outfit: Yunsil (both)
Body: Worldbox AT11 with Coomodel legs (grey suit) Various combined HT bodies (Blue tux)
Accessories: Doggie Dog (headset and PPK) Robbiethepainter (watch)
Shoes : Rainman (both)

Last edited:
That Craig is a knock-out!

I think, of the three pictured at the bottom, that this Fung Craig is my favorite -- in my novice opinion of course based on that one photo.

Always love seeing those outfits. I have come to really like the grey suit, especially on Craig, and Yunsil did a smash-up job on it. The *blue* tux is still my favorite tux for Craig.

One thing you did not post that I would love to see if a full figure shot of both. Or maybe a shot of both outfits, one with Buffy Craig and the other with Fung Craig. That would be Fun-g.

That Craig is a knock-out!

I think, of the three pictured at the bottom, that this Fung Craig is my favorite -- in my novice opinion of course based on that one photo.

Always love seeing those outfits. I have come to really like the grey suit, especially on Craig, and Yunsil did a smash-up job on it. The *blue* tux is still my favorite tux for Craig.

One thing you did not post that I would love to see if a full figure shot of both. Or maybe a shot of both outfits, one with Buffy Craig and the other with Fung Craig. That would be Fun-g.

Thanks man I may do
Just that ;)

After connecting the servo, i found it didn't run as smoothly as i would like. When it's like that, it usually becomes unreliable, so i remade it. Now it runs perfect.

am009.jpg

am010.jpg

Added the rear foglights and number plate lights.

am011.jpg

Boot hinges made and attached.

am012.jpg

Started making the rear seats.

am013.jpg

On the real car, these are only suitable for children.

am014.jpg

They will accommodate a Cello nicely though. Very important.

am015.jpg

Ray, those setups are amazing. Fung's sculpt definitely wins, for me.

Even though Bond figures almost demand to be in a tux, that grey suit just wins me over.

MarineBoy, what can be said that hasn't already been said. Your custom vehicle work is second to none. I love the attention to the tiniest detail. I tend to do the same when building scale models. It may not be able to be seen, but "I" know its there...

Mr Fung's head goes into the ranking between the Buffy and the mina which in my opinion the Buffy already really blew light speed past. Some of you may know that Daniel Craig got me into the 1/6 game. I may have had almost every one (worth owning) and directed a few of them so I have a visual encyclopedia of his face pretty much baked into my memory at this point . Unlike almost every other superior version released this one did not make me fall out of love with the Buffy leading me to believe we are finally perfecting the quest for one of the most elusive snd evasive likenesses to capture ever. In fact I think the perfect head would have to exist as a combination between the two. Fung's may edge out Buffy on structure and form accuracy ever so slightly but Buffy reigns in sharpness, texture fine detail and realism. The softness is my only real nit on the Fung as both are probably some of the most impressive works of art in collectibles I have ever seen. I felt I hadn't seen the Fung painted quite right yet despite seeing a few of the best of the best paint jobs on it already, which are all stunning in their own ways. What lacked in detail of sculpt to edge the likeness closer I tried to make up in paint, specifically in clever contouring around the cheekbone areas, necessary to age him appropriately and provide a level of structure not there in the inherent sculpt.

JAMES BOND

Body: Worldbox AT11 with Coomodel legs (grey suit) Various combined HT bodies (Blue tux)

That sculpt is no doubt great, but I dread to think what it cost. I'm only glad the Black Box one came out otherwise mine would be headless. It does seem ever more that, to have the best, you have to be able to afford the best.

After connecting the servo, i found it didn't run as smoothly as i would like. When it's like that, it usually becomes unreliable, so i remade it. Now it runs perfect.

Added the rear foglights and number plate lights.

Boot hinges made and attached.

Started making the rear seats.

On the real car, these are only suitable for children.

They will accommodate a Cello nicely though. Very important.

Just amazing!

Thanks Wor Gar and Fight&Flight!

A toss up but I may also put the Don Fung one slightly above the Buffy also to me the overall structure is the closest we have seen

Rogerbee, the upwards trend of the customs market has gotten out of control. On one hand I support the artists and I can say personally that even with the astronomical cost for the best paint job for example, its still not enough that I personally deem worth my time to take commissions on my own, so it's not so much that the artists do not deserve the money (in most cases I still feel they are underpaid) its more so that a collector and customer though it's a really hard pill to swallow. I feel like being in the hyper unique position to be one of the few that actually tread both lines between artist and collector my perspective is somewhat skewed. The cost of the unpainted head for this Bond is about double to what recall paying for some painted heads just a few years ago. If I did not have the skill to be painting my own heads, I would be reconsidering of what goes in my collection a lot more to say the least.

Having said that it's also true that in most cases the overall quality has risen significantly over the past few years also, so I suppose the best does cost the most, and at least in more cases there are mass or cheaper options to satiate more modest budgets.

The only flaw I see in this is that so much of that is centered around recasting limited release sculpts and this is highly problematic as it only serves to further the divide; Artists charge more money for the originals due to anticipation their work being stolen and watching others make the profit off of their work without consequence because this is a market of unlicensed items, but the recasters also see a massive opportunity in the market to cater to those that are not in the know or cannot afford these sculpts now that the price has risen. Hence you're left with an ouroboros.

There needs to be a more common ground middle class solution for this. I see some artists thinking about this, Nut Pizs for example offers his own hand painted hand carted sculpts and also personally licenses them out to mass produce and sell on sites like onesixthkit. I think this is a smart approach. the artist profits, the third party profits, and two sets of customers in different price range profits by having access to the sculpt that meets their personal quality bar.

JAMES BOND

Superb work! That new Craig in the middle really shows how off the other two are...

Nut Pizs for example offers his own hand painted hand carted sculpts and also personally licenses them out to mass produce and sell on sites like onesixthkit. I think this is a smart approach. the artist profits, the third party profits, and two sets of customers in different price range profits by having access to the sculpt that meets their personal quality bar.

I agree. This seems like the best solution for all parties.

Having this debate in the Dark Toys Deckard thread right now about the illegality of stealing work from an artist who himself did not pay licensing. Its been a debate here for as long as the hobby has been around.

Any sculptor that isn't producing at least a few hundred casts at a time has rocks in their head and will be significantly underpaid. Selling a cast for $200 - 400 is just stupid when you can easily sell an order of magnitude more at $60. Glad that there are still some really great sculptors out there that know basic math and a little bit of economics.

Nuts seems to have had the right idea. Both parties get catered for, mass produced painted heads and unpainted ones for those that can afford artists. So long as the sculptor gets a percentage from the sale of the mass produced ones it sounds ideal. You just have to find someone honest enough to honour that.

Agreed on all points and I honestly think much like he pioneered a lot of this custom market, Rainman had the right idea with the way he handled his head releases.

He had the right idea about a lot of things. I’m not sure if the model is relevant anymore as the custom market shifted from full pieces to piecemeal items (which to be honest I like how it’s evolved) but what I always loved about it is that there was a way to cater to your budget given painted full sets head clothing sets and unpainted head and clothing sets and finally painted or unpainted sculpts only.

If you make your painted full sets limited it satisfies those who want something elusive and then you can go ahead and make casts of your work and offer them painted by another painter and unpainted until the cows come home, which he did.

It didn’t stop the redman castings but those of us who know that they are really bad quality would be more than happy to pay double for an unpainted cast straight from the artist.

Made the fuel filler flaps.

am016.jpg

am017.jpg

Installed the bonnet hinges as well as the servo to extend the missile launchers. Yes, i am going to make them fire.

am018.jpg

The foglights are attached to the launch tubes.

am019.jpg

As they extend, the lights drop down automatically. When retracted, the lights right themselves.

am020.jpg

Back