JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up during the Roger Moore era, but have always liked the Connery ones as well. I didn't get many of the jokes at the time, as i was too young, but was always impressed by the amazing action sequences. A legend indeed.

RIP Sean connery...the greatest James bond

This news just took the wind right out of me this morning. He was a childhood hero for me like many here. A smooth and sophisticated role model. And great action star. Connery and his Bond movies were the first of the modern era of "action heroes" and really set the bar for the future of action-adventure films to follow.

Heroes are Forever.

This news just took the wind right out of me this morning. He was a childhood hero for me like many here. A smooth and sophisticated role model. And great action star. Connery and his Bond movies were the first of the modern era of "action heroes" and really set the bar for the future of action-adventure films to follow.

Heroes are Forever.

I couldn't have said it better.

Laid the first basecoats, to highlight any imperfections.

ln034.jpg

Also made the instrument panel and control stick. The dials will just be printed onto paper and stuck on from behind.

ln035.jpg

I've been watching many of the tributes paid to the great man and you really feel he lived 2 lifetimes, such was his global popularity and enduring appeal. I was in Edinburgh today, and several local businesses had put up tributes to him.

It's just a side view drawing i printed out. The dimensions were added by myself. I googled the overall length of Little Nellie (excl rotors), then divided it by 6 to get a finished length. From that, i worked out the scale of the drawing and made the parts accordingly. I didn't have a front view, just an overall width dimension, so i had to guess the width of each part.

It's been too cold lately to do any spray painting, so completion of Little Nellie will have to wait unfortunately. That doesn't mean i haven't been busy though.

am001.jpg

My current progress which has so far, taken about 3 weeks. Many lessons have been learned from the Lotus build, so the same mistakes have been avoided and construction methods, which were untested before, can go straight to build. As i've been going so fast, i haven't really documented it as much as i have done before.

The single biggest change is to build the outer panels, then work inwards. This is the opposite of what i did with the Lotus, which meant a lot of time was taken building inner structure, which was ultimately hidden from view.

The wheels i'm using are from a Mini Cooper, which are again undersize, but should be ok.

am002.jpg

All the body panels are already done, with fit and alignment, much better than before. Brass rods concealed within the hood edges, allow it to be shaped more easily, to match the bodywork. Once the hinges are fitted, it will sit more flush.

am003.jpg

am004.jpg

Always happy to see the V8 Oscar India get some love, the eventual BCS Dalton in an aftermarket leather jacket will be right at home~

Back