JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! The problem solving aspect of it is actually the most satisfying part of the process.

Got the floorpan installed.

am041.jpg

With the outrigger design finalized, i could cut away some of the false floor and enlarge the footwell space.

am042.jpg

Finally managed to get the skis done. This took a lot of tweaking to get working smoothly and reliably. One change i made was to make a separate outer door sill, which drops down when the skis are extended. In the film, the ski itself forms the outer sill, so the upturned front end would always be visible, even when closed. I wasn't too keen on that.

am043.jpg

am044.jpg

Started work on the sunroof. It just needs a thin piece of black fabric glued on top to finish. Ideally, i'd like to make it electric, but i'm not too sure that's going to be possible. I'm waiting on some gear sets to experiment with.

am045.jpg

am046.jpg

Phenomenal work on 'winterising' the V8, Marine Boy~

I feel like I may have asked this before, but; does anybody know of a Roger Moore headsculpt that depicts him post facelift? Would love a AVTAK Moore on my shelf eventually, with a Zorin too.

I managed to figure out a way to motorize the sunroof by attaching 2 bowden cables to the leading edge. The cables pass through the C pillar, and into the trunk area.

am047.jpg

am048.jpg

Headlining in place.

am049.jpg

The ends of the cables will be attached to motorized tracks, which move back and forth. I'm still waiting on delivery of another gear rack to finish it.

am050.jpg

am051.jpg

am052.jpg

The mechanism is built as a removable module, which sits in the area where the fuel tank is located. I've not had to lose any boot space as a result. I just need to shave a bit off the sides, as it is intruding into the wheel wells.

am053.jpg

Incredible how you do this...

Would love to see this in reality.

Please make sure to finish it before Aston Martin snatches you for their services.

Started fitting the doors.

am054.jpg

am055.jpg

am056.jpg

I managed to find some better tyres. They are slightly bigger than the Mini Cooper ones i was going to use, but also have a much higher sidewall which is much closer to the real car. I'm having to build new rims though, using a drain pipe connector as a starting point.

am057.jpg

Made the door locks functional. Just the exterior handles to make.

am058.jpg

am059.jpg

Started on the door cards. Even made the little ashtrays open.

am060.jpg

am061.jpg

Started work on the rear suspension. I've tried to replicate the actual car's De Dion tube layout, more or less. Some of the components have been simplified and oversized for the sake of strength.

am062.jpg

Rear wheels attached. I also made the axle collar, which activates the reversing lights.

am063.jpg

The ride height will settle once more weight is added to the car. For the wheel centres, i'm going to get some photo-etched inserts made.

am064.jpg

Front wheel rims under construction. The hub is fixed, as it houses the working lasers.

am065.jpg

am066.jpg

Most of the front suspension done. I've still got to make the shock absorbers, but i don't have the right size of tubing needed right now.

am067.jpg

Just a few shots to check the correct track width and ride height. It was definitely worth using different tyres. Using modern, low profile ones, would have lost some of the car's brutish character.

am068.jpg

am069.jpg

Finished the front suspension and installed the microswitches needed for the indicators.

am071.jpg

Started making the engine bay. I won't go too far with the engine detail.

am072.jpg

Finished making the spring-loaded missile launchers. I was going to use solenoids to fire them electrically, but they aren't quite strong enough to operate the mechanism. I'll have to make a mechanical setup instead.

am074.jpg

The front end, supported by it's own wheels for the first time. Still need to add the little fins to the missiles.

am073.jpg

Back