URGENT!!-anybody who is owed clothing from moe's production's must read this-URGENT!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightyq

Super Freak
Reaction score
hello freaks,
I will explain my involvment with moe(mike gerace) he is the first person i became friends with when i ghot on here. helped me out a lot. i have bought over 35 custom figures from him, been on about 95% of all of his clothing runs. i have watched him grow and get much better the past 2 years. never did bad by me, about 2 months ago he needed a few dollars. he said for $1,600 he would split all future runs with me and more importantly in my eyes get the clothing at the discount. now i have trusted him with thousands of $$ in orders before. so i did it. gave him the $1,600 and it would start with popeye, great i thought, i would get all future runs at the wholesale. cant beat that. i emailed him last week and asked what was up with popeye? whats taking so long. he so called brother "tony" emails back that moe is sick and needs surgeries? ok so why cant he at least come on here and just communicate with us? first off the whole hospital surgery thing does not get any sympathy from me. i live everyday with only 20% of my breathable airway and could die at any time. way too long to explain, but i have been in the hospital 9 times the past 3 years, ((I ALWAYS responded and acted on my responsibilities. in the days of being able to talk and text in all types of ways i find it hard to believe he cant talk with people.)) dozens and dozens of doctor visits. all who know me, have you ever seen me not get back to you? ok so the whole he cant email because he sick (wich now i highly doubt) is B.S..

fast forward to today,,, i have been talking with some freaks origami(pedro) and mg2065 (mike garver) since last night, and all afternoon. seems moe's production's(mike gerace) has not been conacting people reagrding their orders. seems people are owed chem suits, dumb and dumber tux's, etc.....i have contact with his tailor. seems the tailor has ""zero"" working orders, and has no money from mike moe!!! the tailor is a great upstanding hobby veteren, i vouch that what he says i believe to be 100% truth. mg2065 gave moe $1,850 for 5 roger federer outfits, he got 1. he also has laid out $600 for the DD tux's. origami(pedro) has the whole AMSTERDAM run of $270x15--$4,050.(i'm apart of that also) people paid for in full and sent to mike gerace(moe) he told pedro that the tailor is half done and will be shipping soon,. i spoke with the tailor this afternoon. he has zero ANSTERDAM outfits made, and nothing on order,. i meam nothing at all, not a shirt nothing.!!! do we start to see whats going on here... this may well be the biggest ponzi scheme on SIDESHOW FREAKS!!!!! with just what i have said its $6,550, not including my money.....i would think its over $10,000....

EVERYBODY WHO IS OWED SOMETHING BY MOE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS POST...ANY CLOTHING WHATSOEVER, AND THE AMOUNT IF YOU CAN SO WE CAN GET AN IDEA HOW BIG THIS IS...

origami and mg2065 will also reposnd with their story....

I DO HOPE I AM DEAD WRONG... BUT WITH ALL THE LIE'S WE HAVE UNCOVERED AND NOW ZERO CONTACT, UNLESS HE IS SITIING ON A PILE OF MONEY I THINK WE ARE ALL BEAT BIG TIME..!!! LETS HOPE THERE IS AN ANSWER FOR IT ALL...I JUST DONT SEE HOW...

the confirmation with the tailor is basicly the clincher. he has no money from moe, and zero orders placed, no amsterdam, DD tux's, checm suits, popeye, nothing,,, a big friggin zero!!!!!

I did email moe again and said he need to get on here fast.. this was last night...i have not heard a thing....

ALSO I IMAGINE THIS WIL GET NUTS, PLEASE PLEASE ONLY RESPOND IF MOE OWE'S YOU ANYTHING.....THANK YOU..

from MG2065-mike garver
I will try to put together a more thoughtful reply when I have time later tonight. But here is the short short version:

Moe always delivered on everything I ordered (D&D protos, Popeye Proto). He was always responsive and on top of the entire process. Very helpful and an overall nice guy.

He wanted everyone on the D&D list to pay in full. I suggested a deposit of $20, he suggested $100. I advised him that it's a bad idea to charge people up front for something they have yet to see (at that point, we hadn't even produced a proto) To get the project going forward because I had hit a few dead ends with tailors, I paid the deposits for everyone. 30 x $20 = $600. I expected to get credited back at some point but I didn't put any rush on it. I figured he would be good for it. The D&D proto was shown and it gave people enough confidence to pay Moe for the outfits. he took the money but only delivered about half the orders. At that point, I was in the middle of developing Popeye. I kept receiving emails from Moe asking 'when' 'when' when' are we doing Popeye? It was the kind of urgency you get from someone who is depending on that release for something. Popeye hit some snags and it was delayed. Meanwhile, the D&D tuxes continually get delayed. So I start to question why all the delays. I never could get a good response other than he had some personal stuff and was just getting back to good health, etc. I think at some point, he made a few more tuxes and sent them out. So I'm back to trusting Moe again and I ask him to make me a Roger Federer prototype. He asks that I pay for the 5 outfits in full because the tailor is demanding that at least a minimum of 5 be made. I send him the money and get one back. He then emails me and says the rest will be done when we do the Popeye outfits. I noticed that shortly after, he received 4 more orange tuxes and a blue tux. I start to question everything at this point. I asked myself 'did he just use the money I sent him for Federer to pay for those Tuxes'? So I start asking more questions and then I get a reply from his brother Tony. His brother tells me that Moe is in the hospital with heart related issues. Over the next several weeks, the brother says Moe needs surgery. A week later, he needs one more surgery. A week after that, he has several surgeries. Sadly, I hope that this is true and Moe is laid up in a hospital awaiting the 3rd surgery on his heart. If not, then he just screwed me over and is pretending to be his brother. I'm not sure which scenario I should be hoping for here.

So anyway, I start reaching out to people just asking questions and trying to figure out who is owed what. In the meantime, I have a conversation with Mightyq and he says Moe owes him $1800. I think I was shaving this morning when I read that. So I thought to myself...oh here we go. All day long I have been going back and forth with the board, the tailor, Moe's brother, Marty and a few others.

Marty and I talked about getting this out in the open and discussing the facts and letting everyone else come to their own conclusions.

Maybe this isn't the short short version. I'm in a rush to leave work so I can drive up north tonight. So I'm just rambling a little but wanted to get this out there.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope Moe comes through. I hope the $7000 that he owes everyone will someday be paid. What I do know is that his brother told me today that Moe has no money and that he is helping him pay his medical bills.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EDITED TODAY JULY 26TH............BY ,,,GEE WHIZZ- BLEAU,,,,MOE'S TAILOR...

Hi Marty,

I have read the post on SSF regarding undelivered custom clothing orders from Moe’s production and upon your request, we are writing this letter to you in order to clear out any doubts on our credibility. Since 2012, Michael Gerace of Moe’s Productions has been our client for various custom made clothing sets. Our business arrangement was based on the premise that we give him discounted prices for bulk orders. In exchange for having us do tailoring work for Moe’s Productions, he asked us not to sell any of the items he orders from us to be sold on SSF. This agreement with Moe does not include buyers directly commissioning us outside SSF and even within SSF (for clients who do runs for items not the same as Moe’s Orders) because we never agreed to be an exclusive tailor to Moe’s Productions. Geewhiz Customs has had a couple of clients who are members of SSF who have done runs in partnership with us in similar arrangements and agreements we have with Moe’s Productions. We always stand by our word although there are no written obligations or contracts involved since we believe that “Keeping our Word of Honor” will help us succeed in business. We have kept our track record untarnished to these select few people at SSF and to our countless clients outside the forum. I could say without batting an eyelash that we have always been known to deliver ahead of our commitment schedule of 4-8weeks irregardless if the order is individually commissioned or even if it is for a batch run. If anyone has dealt with us in the past, we hope you could vouch for us on this statement based on your experience. Just so everyone knows, we follow a First-In, First-Out policy to be fair to all our clients and it has been our goal to always make sure we deliver our commitments on or before the promised timeframe.

This business model was very efficient for us because we could focus more on the manufacturing aspect and deal with only a few clients. I’m sure a lot of artists here would agree that dealing with 20 to 30 clients at the same time is very taxing and is counter-productive, especially if you are doing marketing, customer relations and production at the same time. The tailoring business was flourishing last year and our turn-around time for Moe and for our other clients was a maximum of 4-6weeks. Moe was very impatient in the last quarter of 2013 and said we had to add more tailors on board to service all the upcoming simultaneous runs he will be asking us to tailor for him. We in fact gave into this request expecting a bigger turnout for the year ahead since Moe has been a client of good standing up until that time and continued to bring in more orders.

From the very beginning we allowed him to just pay a deposit for his orders and the rest of the balance was always paid within a week from the time we inform him that we have finished production for his ordered items and that we’re ready to ship to him. The only problem we had with Moe was when he asks for a run price for a certain quantity and then ends up ordering less than what was originally agreed upon for that price range. There were times when he would split the runs into two separate orders which are placed months apart and has caused some problems for us because we have already prepared and paid for materials for what he originally projected. Economies of scale always dictates the final price, the fewer orders made, the less savings we get out of the entire contract. But since Moe was consistent in bringing in orders for us, we gave him a bit of leeway in the hopes that he will bring more business for future runs. Upon his request Geewhiz actually hired extra staff last December 2013 to be ready to deal with Moe’s promised orders more efficiently in 2014. Unfortunately that did not happen. In mid December of 2013, Moe placed an order for various custom clothing worth US$ 2,166.63. He made a deposit of $800 on January 7, 2014 and another $350 on January 21st. We completed all pending orders on January 25, 2014 and we requested him to pay the balance he owes so we can ship everything he asked us to make for that particular run. He replied on January 28th saying "Working on balance bro. Trying my best to catch up. Hang with me.” He emails us again the same day with this message….

MOE'S EMAIL MESSAGE DOESNT SHOW UP, I GET THE RED X HERE IT IS WORD FOR WORD...

almost there bro
just a suggestion...
if i was able to send $300 in next few days leaving balance $585
would you send few of the paid pieces so that i can make a few happy? show that i'm catching up?
let me know bro...
his reason for not being able to pay the balance was because he had a medical scare and that his money was stolen from his bank account online. On a previous occasion, it was because there was a storm that hit his area. We did not want to be unreasonable at that point since we also do care for our clients and wanted to help him recover. But irregardless of his situation, the fact still remains that there were orders placed and these things need to be sent out to him so he can deliver his end of the bargain to his customers. So we patiently waited for him to be able to pay up at his convenience.

We did however start to doubt his credibility at this point and did not agree to ship partially because someone told us that he knew Moe got paid in full for these items already. It as at this junction that things became really bad and Moe threatened to file a Paypal Claim if we did not ship him partial items he says he paid for. We told him that we cannot be left stuck with his unclaimed custom orders on our inventory as all of these were specifically made for him and we had no way of selling it if he does not come up with the full payment. His demeanor suddenly changed from this point on and started to become argumentative in his emails and even threatened to ruin Geewhiz Customs at SSF. He eventually filed a Paypal Claim which severely affected our operations because the money that got held up were actually new payments from other clients since his deposit money was already made into custom clothing that goes into our unclaimed inventory. I explained to him via Papal’s resolution Page that all he needed to do was to complete the payment and we would ship all his orders. To cut the long story short, Paypal eventually decided in our favor and Moe was had no choice but to pay the rest of his balance. He was able to pay in full sometime March and we shipped all his orders immediately and agreed that we would put this incident behind us. However, for the next orders we required him to pay in full before we process anything since we were starting to suspect that he was using money from new runs to finance previous runs.

We advised him that this is not the right way to do business we feared that this will eventually catch up with him when it all snowballs into an amount he can no longer manage. We also advised that if he was having financial trouble then he should at least seek out a loan or a business partner so he can buy time to recuperate from his financial struggles. He responded back saying first that he had a possible buyer for Moe’s productions but later on said that he found a new business partner. When I asked him who his new partner was, he said it was gonna be Marty Quinn. According to Moe, Marty will be the one to handle the runs particularly the Popeye run. We’ve known Marty from a previous transaction before Moe told us that he will be splitting earnings from future runs with Marty. We welcomed the fact that we will be dealing with Marty instead of Moe after what he did to us on Paypal. We actually find Marty very reasonable to communicate with based on our experience and we definitely wanted a new guy to handle the runs for Moes Productions.

We expected things to get much better from then on, but only to find out now that Moe is telling his clients that we have been delayed in our production for Amsterdam. We would like to say right now that this is an outrageous lie and that we do not owe Moe any clothing. As of this time, all of Moe’s Productions orders have been served and delivered. We do not have any pending orders from him. His last order from us was shipped May 21st and was received by him on May 28th based on the tracking number of the parcel that was sent.

Since that time, we have not received any new orders from Moe’s Productions.

Upon Marty’s request, we decided to break our silence to clarify some concerns of affected clients who did not receive their orders from Moe’s production.

There are three reasons why Geewhiz Customs has kept silent on this issue:
1) Our client for this matter is Moe’s Productions and we are trying to uphold our agreement with Michael Gerace that we will not disclose our supplier arrangement with Moe’s productions at SSF. But since the request to make this clarification was made by Marty Quinn (who was introduced by Michael Gerace as his new business partner) then we are technically free from this agreement with Moe’s Productions. As mentioned previously, we keep always our word to our clients no matter if they’ve done us wrong.

2) We have no way of knowing and verifying everyone who has paid Moe’s Productions for custom tailoring jobs. As much as we would like to help all people affected, all we could really say is that Moe’s Productions has no unserved/pending/undelivered orders from Geewhiz Customs. Everything Moe ordered from us has been sent out to him and we have the tracking numbers to show that they have been delivered and received. We do have a list of all his orders and even photos of each package content that was sent out. We do this documentation for every piece of clothing ordered from us. Ask any of our clients and they’ll tell you that we photograph the items before we ship and we even send photos of the parcel with the stamps and tracking number stickers from the post office. Some of you may request us to show these but this are basically useless at this point as we do not know to whom he sent each one after he receives it from us.

3) We are trying to distance ourselves from this issue because technically we are not a part of the transaction segment that went bad. Whatever transactions were made with Moe’s Production needs to be settled with them directly. That being said, we initially preferred not to be named as we would expect a lot of emails from affected clients of Moe asking for clarifications. In all honesty, we could not efficiently answer such inquiries since we have no basis for making a suitable reply. So I do hope that this letter makes it to all affected parties as we may not be able to respond to your inquiries when it comes to this issue.

We were in shock to find out the amount of money Moe took in advance payments as we see it turning out to be in the $20K range based on the posts made on the thread started by Marty. While we do feel sorry for the people who never got their orders from Moe, we can’t help but feel a great loss from a business perspective if only Moe just kept his affairs in order. Seeing people delayed for 8months just means he has really been using new orders to finance old projects since last year.

The business was flourishing last year and our turn-around time for him was a maximum of 4-6weeks. We even hired extra staff last December to service his orders more efficiently for 2014 but we had to lay some of them off after a month when Moe did not deliver on his promise.

This will also have a significant impact in the way clients see custom tailors and will be less trustful of us in the future. We may seem to have the least to worry about because Moe does not owe Geewhiz anything and vice versa, but the staff (tailors, pattern makers, cutters) at Geewhiz, who rely on getting custom tailoring jobs will lose out if people start doubting credibility. We do hope that this statement enlightens everyone of the extent of our involvement with Moe’s Production and that we could still cater to your requirements in the future.

Geewhiz Customs does not transact directly in SSF as a seller by choice so we can concentrate more in shortening our turn-around time and quality of work. But we do welcome people who wish to make runs so we can focus more on delivering top-notch custom made products to fellow collectors.

If there is anything you need for further clarification do let us know and we will try to provide whatever information we have regarding this matter.

Best Regards,

Geewhiz Customs

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MOE'S VICTIM LIST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i will start with me...

marty quinn-$1,800
mike garver-1,920
"AMSTERDAM RUN"-$4,050

levit05-dd blue tux, dude set $615

vareika-priest vallon set-$405, misc 300-$700

return eagle-chem suit-$135

auron_x-chem suit-$135

jmd777-myers coveralls-$150

toyadventurer-orande tux-$250

dka8976-dude set -$365

tbay-blue tux-$250

partyman-chem suit-$135

general zod lives-chem suit-$135

laney74-butcher coat-$150, 1 dexter henley$55--$205

conartist-2x chem suit-$270, dude robe set$175--$445

spiderforever7-grimes sheriff set and jacket $280, dexter henley, cargo$215,ww black jacket$155--$770
walt shirt, kahki pants$120

robbie the painter-orange tux$250, freddy pants $75--$325

ren dog-blue tux $250

kubrick-chem suit $135

godfather-popeye deposit?

the what what now-blue tux $250, butcher coat $150--$400

mike5401-blue tux $250

mao86-butcher shirt $75, sash$20--$95

arkz11-chem suit $135

entropy-dude set $365

pcleemake-blue tux-$250

jeff the collector- chem suit $135

stnmikita-blue tux $250,butcher coat $150, ww jacket $155, d. plainview gusher scene set$350--$1,305
d. plainview bowling pin scene set $375

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this is the list as of july 30th,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,updated list as of 8/13,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

the ice man-myers overalls $150

kay- ees-cee-2x chem suits $270

pnh8iv-green henley $75

anthony zero-chem suit $150

Last edited:
Re: UEGENT!!-anybody who is owed clothing from moe's production's must read this-URGE

I'll ask that for now we restrict posts to informatoin only... let's not get ahead of ourselves until we know what is going on here.

It doesn't sound good, but in the interest of working out the situation let's keep our heards.

For my own transactions I've only had one from Moe and that was for a Chem suit. It took 6-9 months longer than expected to ship, but it did eventually arrive. With that I decided not to take him up on the offer of a discount on a future order for the delay.

Last edited:
Re: UEGENT!!-anybody who is owed clothing from moe's production's must read this-URGE

I have...

Amsterdam
Orange Tux
Freddy pants from three years ago.

guys the more i dig the worse it gets.....when we hear from pedro(origami) and mg2065(mike garver) we will know much more... time line's, promises, etc etc......but like galacticboy says it doesnt look good.

WoW!:horror Last PM i Received from Moe was requesting payment for Harry Blue Tux so he could put my order in. That was on 5-25-14. So Amsterdam And Blue tux paid for.

I have a Moe Chemsuit I am waiting on, coming up on 8 months now

That's a shame I'm so sorry to be reading this. And what pisses me off even more Every time this guy did a run of something say like the chem suits he always raised the prices and always blamed the tailor. What a scumbag I hope everything works out for all involved, but if it's anything like the rest of the scammers that have come through here it will not end well. Sorry again fellas .

the tailor had problems with moe also....non payments and such,,,,moe was trtying to get the tailor to make and send him the outfits without sending the money first, why, because moe was already paid by the customer and kept the money,,,,he wanted the customers off his back so he wanted the clothing on a pay later type of deal.... all he did was rob peter to pay paul all the time.....oh and btw,,,, the reason for the long wait for stuff, it wasnt ever the tailor, it was moe,, he didnt have the money to place the orders, he spent it,.... he needed runs ro lietraly run into eachother this way he could collect new money and pay for the run that was months late,,,,it was all a pile of cards and when the fast pace of runs stopped it caught up to him......

Just some more facts and I wouldn't post this if I didn't believe it to be 100% true.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/12-figure-collector

I'm certain that this is Moe's ebay account although he denies it and claims it to be his #1 customer. In the past, this account has sold a lot of things that Moe has offered and multiples of it. Even personal figures he's tried to sell on SSF has showed up on that ebay account. Descriptions are written the same on here and ebay with poor grammer.

I've stopped dealing with him after the chem suit run because he would tell me that my package has been shipped many times but when I had finally received the package, the date on the package tells me he had been lying.

Deposit paid for Popeye.

Ok guys so I'm gonna bite the bullet I won't mention any company names as I'd like to keep them protected.

I've paid a deposit for my popeye clothes so here's a few facts.

This makes no sense I actually went to a tailor who I shall not name and asked them " hey guys can you do these tuxs if so what's the price" they replied saying yes we can we've done them before"
So I thought how strange who else has a custom dumber and dumber so I sent them a message with a picture and they said that's the one we did.

Again I asked about the dude and sure enough it happened again same response. I have big respect for the tailor so I don't want there name involved as they did ask me not to share it! When there are people left with no clothing or money I feel I should speak up.

Upon having a chat with a good friend we decided it makes no sense what would moe get out of charging the same price as this tailor and having the tailor do it?
Where does he make the money. Maybe he does the Pattern designs who knows all I hope is this gets sorted.

I paid in full for Amsterdam Outfit $280

Also I am one of the only people in the D&D run to get both tuxes, I never asked to jump ahead people I just constantly asked for updates and kept contact open, eventually as people saw I got both tuxes, so not sure if he was scamming people why he sent both of mine, he has always delivered for me and has been very polite so I really hope this gets worked out, I wanna believe there is a reason, I'm hoping.

So Godfather, if I could clarify your post.

Are you saying the tuxedos and other items made were purchased by Moe from a tailor at cost? And not as part of a commission run organized by Moe?

Oh, and that eBay account also looks be selling some recast items. Again, I don't know if it's Moe's, but they have a number of the items he's sold here.

I was doing some research on all the PMs, emails and paypal transactions I had with Moe for the Amsterdam project.

Once I got payments for the 12 people in the list at that time, I sent the money to Moe for 11 outfits X $270 = 2,970 (one person sent the payment directly to him). This was on March 11.

Then we extended the run to 15, and paid him for another 3 outfits on April 14, $810. For a total of $4,050 for 15 outfits. I have to add that when we were close to the deadline to send the payment for the outfits, he was emailing me everyday asking for the payment saying that he needed to put the order with his tailor and move on to other projects.

We only got the proto on March 26. After this, I have been asking for updates and the last update I got from him was on June 3rd, saying that the first batch of 7 outfits was almost done.

Then I sent a couple of emails to him and his brother replied back to me saying that Moe was sick at the hospital and that we was going to be back in a couple of weeks.

The last email I got from his brother was on July 7th. Now, the fact that no orders have been placed with his tailor make me think, what he did from March 11 to June 3rd with the money we paid? because June 3rd was the last time I heard from him and he had more 2 months to place the order with his tailor.

As Marty said, I hope we are wrong, but it seems that we are not going to see the outfits we already paid for.

not sure what godfather means, but moe did tack on profit for his runs,, if he could get it made for $200 he would charge $250....i never seen it to be the same? anyway the reason he a was so late with stuff was that the money wasnt there to place the order, he would spend the money and wait for the next victim, get there money and finaly get the first person what they wanted,,, it comes down to whoever is last loses.... like the anstredam run, and some other stuff......the tailor said there is NOTHING paid for or being worked on,,

and yes that is his ebay acct. moe has been doing recasts for a long time it seems..... karamazo, i got it wrong,,,, caught him months back with the dude it seemed... remember how he wanted that to die down in the worst way,,,, research the dude thread,,, it will all come into focus...

I paid in full for Amsterdam Outfit $280

Also I am one of the only people in the D&D run to get both tuxes, I never asked to jump ahead people I just constantly asked for updates and kept contact open, eventually as people saw I got both tuxes, so not sure if he was scamming people why he sent both of mine, he has always delivered for me and has been very polite so I really hope this gets worked out, I wanna believe there is a reason, I'm hoping.
I think you and MG are the only ones with the blue tux. There are guys that dont have orange tux yet.

i have both also......tux's

This is just to show you what I mean....... The reason for doing so is because you guys are out if money and I want to help where possible! I can 100% confirm that moe doesn't make his own clothes he hires someone.

[URL=https://s1344.photobucket.com/user/Godfather1408/media/imagejpg1_zps3bd75644.jpg.html] [/URL]

https://s1344.photobucket.com/user/Godfather1408/media/imagejpg1_zps3bd75644.jpg.html

[URL=https://s1344.photobucket.com/user/Godfather1408/media/imagejpg4_zps97eea4d6.jpg.html] [/URL]

[URL=https://s1344.photobucket.com/user/Godfather1408/media/imagejpg3_zps735c7bba.jpg.html] [/URL]

Last edited:

I will try to put together a more thoughtful reply when I have time later tonight. But here is the short short version:

Moe always delivered on everything I ordered (D&D protos, Popeye Proto). He was always responsive and on top of the entire process. Very helpful and an overall nice guy.

He wanted everyone on the D&D list to pay in full. I suggested a deposit of $20, he suggested $100. I advised him that it's a bad idea to charge people up front for something they have yet to see (at that point, we hadn't even produced a proto) To get the project going forward because I had hit a few dead ends with tailors, I paid the deposits for everyone. 30 x $20 = $600. I expected to get credited back at some point but I didn't put any rush on it. I figured he would be good for it. The D&D proto was shown and it gave people enough confidence to pay Moe for the outfits. he took the money but only delivered about half the orders. At that point, I was in the middle of developing Popeye. I kept receiving emails from Moe asking 'when' 'when' when' are we doing Popeye? It was the kind of urgency you get from someone who is depending on that release for something. Popeye hit some snags and it was delayed. Meanwhile, the D&D tuxes continually get delayed. So I start to question why all the delays. I never could get a good response other than he had some personal stuff and was just getting back to good health, etc. I think at some point, he made a few more tuxes and sent them out. So I'm back to trusting Moe again and I ask him to make me a Roger Federer prototype. He asks that I pay for the 5 outfits in full because the tailor is demanding that at least a minimum of 5 be made. I send him the money and get one back. He then emails me and says the rest will be done when we do the Popeye outfits. I noticed that shortly after, he received 4 more orange tuxes and a blue tux. I start to question everything at this point. I asked myself 'did he just use the money I sent him for Federer to pay for those Tuxes'? So I start asking more questions and then I get a reply from his brother Tony. His brother tells me that Moe is in the hospital with heart related issues. Over the next several weeks, the brother says Moe needs surgery. A week later, he needs one more surgery. A week after that, he has several surgeries. Sadly, I hope that this is true and Moe is laid up in a hospital awaiting the 3rd surgery on his heart. If not, then he just screwed me over and is pretending to be his brother. I'm not sure which scenario I should be hoping for here.

So anyway, I start reaching out to people just asking questions and trying to figure out who is owed what. In the meantime, I have a conversation with Mightyq and he says Moe owes him $1800. I think I was shaving this morning when I read that. So I thought to myself...oh here we go. All day long I have been going back and forth with the board, the tailor, Moe's brother, Marty and a few others.

Marty and I talked about getting this out in the open and discussing the facts and letting everyone else come to their own conclusions.

Maybe this isn't the short short version. I'm in a rush to leave work so I can drive up north tonight. So I'm just rambling a little but wanted to get this out there.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope Moe comes through. I hope the $7000 that he owes everyone will someday be paid. What I do know is that his brother told me today that Moe has no money and that he is helping him pay his medical bills.

The dude set quoted there was actually more than what Moe charged. It looks like it's the price for a one-off set where ordering 30 probably got him a much better deal.

The dude set quoted there was actually more than what Moe charged. It looks like it's the price for a one-off set where ordering 30 probably got him a much better deal.

Bulk order man that's how they were cheaper.

When I asked the tailor if moe used them they said they weren't able to say but I should keep it to myself as it's not suppose to be shared. So the tailor has confirmed they did the outfits for moe. I sent the, a picture of the outfits and they were the exact outfits. The reason it was cheaper was bulk ordering.

Back