JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the rear valance done. Just the exhaust backboxes to add.

am021.jpg

My current progress which has so far, taken about 3 weeks. Many lessons have been learned from the Lotus build, so the same mistakes have been avoided and construction methods, which were untested before, can go straight to build. As i've been going so fast, i haven't really documented it as much as i have done before.

The single biggest change is to build the outer panels, then work inwards. This is the opposite of what i did with the Lotus, which meant a lot of time was taken building inner structure, which was ultimately hidden from view.

The wheels i'm using are from a Mini Cooper, which are again undersize, but should be ok.

View attachment 500777

All the body panels are already done, with fit and alignment, much better than before. Brass rods concealed within the hood edges, allow it to be shaped more easily, to match the bodywork. Once the hinges are fitted, it will sit more flush.

View attachment 500778

View attachment 500779

NOW THAT IS a Aston Martin/Bond Car that I will love to have in 1/6!!!...SUPERB work and craftmanship, you are capturing the lines and beauty perfectly...well you do in all your magnificent projects. This car will once more will be driven by Bond, it appears in the new Craig movie preview probably as the replacement of the again destroyed classic Aston Martin DB chase scenes!!!! Can not wait to see more updates!!!

More work done on the back seats.

am022.jpg

Started making the dashboard. I'm having to sacrifice some accuracy here to compensate for the raised interior floor. I've lost about 20mm in height, so it's going to be marginal on head and legroom.

am023.jpg

But with your superb ability and talent you can do the floor plate area seat angled "tub" indentation that most cars floor pan have to acomodate the seats and clear head room, these will be covered by the lower rocker molding panels...unless you are doing the side skys feature used in the movie frozen lake scene...but still think you will have space for both things. Again SUPERB work!!!!

More work done on the dash area. Like the Lotus, i'll be making some of the buttons functional.

am024.jpg

The lower edge of the dash is still very close to his knees, even after raising it's height.
am025.jpg

Added more detail to the underside of the bootlid.

am026.jpg

Started on the centre console. This one part is probably the most complex part of the whole car, because it will contain all the switchgear for the various lights as well as all the buttons for the gadgets. I also want the ashtray to open and the gear lever to be movable.

am027.jpg

Added more detailing to the dash. Made the glovebox interior, the gear lever, the ashtray and the sliding cover for the armrest.

am028.jpg

I had to remake the armrest in black styrene, since the opening is only about 1" square, any surrounding paint would quickly rub off with use. There is a slotted gate for the gear lever for more realistic movement.

am029.jpg

The cover for the gadget panel is motorized.

am030.jpg

am031.jpg

Boxed in the footwells, this has made the whole car much stiffer.

am032.jpg

Made the exhausts from tube and thick sprue.

am033.jpg

I was finally able to source some accurate mesh for the grille.

am034.jpg

Started work on the outrigger skis. For me, this is the car's signature gadget, so i had to incorporate them into the model. I'm going to build them as a self contained unit, easily removable for servicing or repairs. Just pulling them out manually, wasn't going to cut it. The skis will be mounted to a threaded bar. As the bar spins, they will move in or out.

am035.jpg

I had to remake this part. My original version worked ok, but tended to jam, once the limit of travel was reached. The gears were prone to undoing themselves as well. I came up with a more direct solution, which takes up less room as well as being quieter.

am036.jpg

Extended.

am037.jpg

More progress. The hardest thing is keeping everything within the 17mm high gap available. Only the servos will intrude into the centre console.

am040.jpg

am038.jpg

am039.jpg

Back