Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Atlantis mythology and all it invokes, seems the perfect fair game middle ground to bridge the two, and remain true to the fantastic pulpy adventure quests that has always been Indian Jones. :wink1:

Isn't one of the indiana jones games set in atlantis?

Edit: it totally is lol
MV5BNDhmNTZjZDQtM2Y4OS00NWI3LWIzMGEtMTYxNGEzY2UwOWUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzMxNDQ0NQ@@._V1_.jpg

Pretty sure the Captain Haddok Captain Banderas character, takes them on a diving expedition.
FCTtqlvWQAc12ET

5t2kur.gif
5t2s95.gif

Blistering Barnacles! Banderas as grizzled ship Captain helping Jones, not what I expected, clearly some residual Spielberg childhood influence here
:D

Can't guess if he's his own treasure, lost city hunter(Atlantis?), on par with Sallah, but diving in the ocean instead ?
Or more likely just a brief, small part, ride for hire, on par with Jock and his seaplane, or Katanga and his smuggling freighter, etc.?
Hopefully at least a friend from his past, and we do get a tiny exposition hint of how they knew each-other.

Looks like a fun character role for Banderas, and that piece of junk boat has allot of character
:funny:

I like when the "vehicles" are characters onto themselves.

FCe7EfEWYAENpGr.jpg

FCTtqlpXIAItDzR

FCTtqlqWQAEk6-U

Except for losing the hat, Indy underwater would be good. Old style diving bell.
No old style diving bells though, that might have been dated by then.

Last edited:
I really would have liked the old school diving bell... but clearly this movie is set mostly in the 60's, so Jacques Cousteau aqualungs.

Thanks for those pictures.

The first few shots at the beginning look great... Ford looks tired... the tinker tape sequence looks corny... train fight too CGI... Mads looks perfect... very mixed for me.

Promising... but its still ancient Ford.

Sigh......I'm intrigued. I'm ready to give it a chance.

Caught Temple, TLC and KOTCS on telly the last few weeks and I think I'm prepared for the silliness and the ridiculous, unsurviveable situations that might present and maybe not hold them against it if it's a fun movie.

Back